Although I thought going CB kinda sucked, at least

Yeah, I totally didn't want to go CB, but can't really argue too much against BPA strategy. On the bright side, we now have a potential true #1 CB in McLovin', a physical #2 in Will James, and 3 guys who can fight over the nickle and dime jobs in McGee, Greer, and Youboty. I would have liked to have waited till next year to "finish the D off" with a CB, but our secondary was pretty pathetic people. McGee and ESPECIALLY Greer have gotten way too much love around here. I still would like another DE, but I'll admit I feel a lot better about our secondary at least.

James will not beat out McGee - and I seriously doubt Leodis will see a startinng spot this year - rookie CBs rarely step right in and are effective. Like it or not McGee will again be the #1 CB this year. If I had to guess,, I'd say Greer will be the #2CB for most of the year as well.

We shall see my friend. Rookie CB's generally have some of the smoothest transitions as long as they can focus on just playing on the outside at first. You are probably correct about James and McGee, although I think I will be a VERY close competition. Anyways, maybe we can sign McLovin to a 10 year deal so we don't lose him to free agency in about five years or so.... :censored:;):wallbash::angry::bag::doh:<_<

James will not beat out McGee - and I seriously doubt Leodis will see a startinng spot this year - rookie CBs rarely step right in and are effective. Like it or not McGee will again be the #1 CB this year. If I had to guess,, I'd say Greer will be the #2CB for most of the year as well.

I actually liked McGee and Greer last year, but I appear to be the only one...

Greer was in more receivers hip pockets than I can ever remember seeing from a Buffalo corner except maybe for Antoine Winfield...the dude was covering people like flies on s**t...

I'm not gonna point the finger at any one specific player, but teams converted WAY too many 3rd and longs against us last year. It was a combination of lack of pressure and DB play. Ellis is a nice pick, and our secondary looks WAY better with McLovin and James added to the mix. Let the chips fall.........

I actually liked McGee and Greer last year, but I appear to be the only one...

Greer was in more receivers hip pockets than I can ever remember seeing from a Buffalo corner except maybe for Antoine Winfield...the dude was covering people like flies on s**t...

I thought Greer was a pleasant surprise too. He'll be a very solid nickel corner this year.

Yeah, I totally didn't want to go CB, but can't really argue too much against BPA strategy. On the bright side, we now have a potential true #1 CB in McLovin', a physical #2 in Will James, and 3 guys who can fight over the nickle and dime jobs in McGee, Greer, and Youboty. I would have liked to have waited till next year to "finish the D off" with a CB, but our secondary was pretty pathetic people. McGee and ESPECIALLY Greer have gotten way too much love around here. I still would like another DE, but I'll admit I feel a lot better about our secondary at least.

After seeing the way the corners were going in the first, we made the right move grabbing the consensus top corner. I still think they were hoping harvey dropped to them, but McKelvin may have been rated higher by our staff. Jauron is not stupid, he knows how to build a defense. 3/5 of our secondary now are young, promising players in Ko Simpson, Donte Whitner, and now Leodis McKelvin. If Youboty realizes his potential, that gives us another promising young DB. I really like what they have done there.

McKelvin is one of the best suited CBs to starting in years, and given that the Bills' defensive scheme isn't that complicated for CBs, he has a real chance to start this year.

McKelvin is one of the best suited CBs to starting in years, and given that the Bills' defensive scheme isn't that complicated for CBs, he has a real chance to start this year.

Our D will be more difficult to learn if he has played primarily man coverage in the past.

Switching to a zone mentality will requie some tima or some breakdowns in coverage.

He will probably start playing the slot which is primarily man coverage and easier to transition to