Hardy = JJ Stokes, Dwayne Jarrett, Mike Williams???

I was shocked they passed on Sweed for him. Character issues aside, Sweed was ranked higher in almost all literature we saw before the draft. Sweed generally considered more polished.

The scouting reports I've read mention Hardy's effort is questionable, he's soft when going across the middle, and he has trouble getting off the press. And with his tall frame and long stride, separation at the NFL level may be a problem. Sounds eerily like JJ Stokes, Dwayne Jarrett and Mike Williams' problems. We'll see.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

.....Sweed was ranked higher in almost all literature we saw before the draft.......

He was also ranked much higher than Avery, Nelson, Royal, Simpson, Jackson & Kelly......perhaps there is something about him that teams didn't like.

obviously Hardy is less polished and get could turn out to a non factor like some of those guys you mentioned, I have hopes for him, I mean really you can't be to disappointed with the selection he is 6'6 runs a 4.5 caught 36 touchdowns and can leap out of the building. Now Hardy has to put on pads and see if he can transfer it to the pro level...

I would of chosen Sweed just cause i like the way he catches the ball and his history of production, but I give the Bills credit for identifying Hardy over him, and it probably has a lot to do with upside.

I was shocked they passed on Sweed for him. Character issues aside, Sweed was ranked higher in almost all literature we saw before the draft. Sweed generally considered more polished.

The scouting reports I've read mention Hardy's effort is questionable, he's soft when going across the middle, and he has trouble getting off the press. And with his tall frame and long stride, separation at the NFL level may be a problem. Sounds eerily like JJ Stokes, Dwayne Jarrett and Mike Williams' problems. We'll see.

JJ Stokes ran 4.75

Mike Williams ran 4.60

Dwayn Jarrett ran 4.67

James Hardy ran 4.47 and he is bigger than all of them.

I'm not a half enpty type of person. I'm just reacting to this team's front office decisions haven't gotten them in the playoffs since 1999!

well just about every single post of yours is miserable. The team can never do anything right in your eyes. The past two drafts were great, this offseason was great, and day 1 of the draft was great. This front office knows what they are doing. Don't blame them for past failures. They are righting the ship

Pittsburgh historically drafts well. If he's good enough for them, chances are he'll be just fine.

Last 6 years of Steelers 2nd round picks

Limas Sweed(53)

LaMarr Woodley(46)

Bryant McFadden(62)

Ricardo Colclough(38)

Alonzo Jackson(59)

well just about every single post of yours is miserable. The team can never do anything right in your eyes. The past two drafts were great, this offseason was great, and day 1 of the draft was great. This front office knows what they are doing. Don't blame them for past failures. They are righting the ship

Untrue. I loved last years top picks of Marshawn and Poz. It is true, however, I am disappointed in these two picks today. Did not want any corner at 11. Didn't anyone see the Superbowl? A dominant front 4 can make an average secondary NOT get exposed. Conversely, Denver with Champ and Dre Bly without a pass rush look beatable. What about the novel idea of trading down for an extra 2nd or 3rd and getting say Jenkins, Cason or Flowers??

Also, strongly preferred Thomas and Sweed to Hardy.

Untrue. I loved last years top picks of Marshawn and Poz. It is true, however, I am disappointed in these two picks today. Did not want any corner at 11. Didn't anyone see the Superbowl? A dominant front 4 can make an average secondary NOT get exposed. Conversely, Denver with Champ and Dre Bly without a pass rush look beatable. What about the novel idea of trading down for an extra 2nd or 3rd and getting say Jenkins, Cason or Flowers??

Firstly.....just because one may prefer something different to happen on draft day does not mean that what actually occurs is not good.

Secondly.....to be a good team one needs to be good all over.

Do the Giants recognize this? Most likely since they drafted a CB(Ross) in the 1st round last year(who started on their SB winning team)......and drafted a 1st round safety & 2nd round CB this year.

You never considered the addition of Stroud & Johnson.....along with a more seasoned McCargo(1st rounder) may have placed our front 4 into decent.....perhaps even dominant territory?

would you rather have 2 youboty's or 1 asante samuel. CB is a hard position to find elite players, i think leodis will be a stud... just my opinion, i couldnt believe NE passed on him, they must have saw a more glaring need at LB with the age situation.

I'm not a half enpty type of person. I'm just reacting to this team's front office decisions haven't gotten them in the playoffs since 1999!

You're act is getting really old. We get it, you hated both picks today. However, it seems like you'd find a way to complain it we got Dorsey in the 1st and Gholston dropped to us in the 2nd. <_<

I was mystified by them bypassing Sweed too. This pick makes me more nervous than any pick Buffalo has made in the past few years. I pray I'm wrong but I think he has a high bust potential.