Gotta Loves the Expert Hypocrisy

zonabb

Kiper gives the Bills a B in the first round when at 11 they draft the guy he had at 10th in his mock and 19th on his big board.

Gives the Pats* an A and major ballwashing when they draft Mayo at 10th and he has him at 17 on his big board and 15th in his mock?

This guy is unreal. Where's the logic? The Bills draft a guy 8 spots higher than Kiper has him ranked and one spot after he projected him. The Pats* take a guy 7 spots higher than Kiper has him ranked and 5 spots before he has him projected?

How people take these clowns seriously is beyond me. But even more gross is that no one will ever say anything bad about the Pats*.

I loved the fans in NYC booing the Pats during the selection.

That was nice. The booing was awesome. What really pissed me off was the fact that for the entire ten minutes that we were on the board to pick at #11, the NFL Network guys did nothing but talk about the Jerod Mayo pick and how much that showed the Patriots being savvy and recognizing where their needs were going to be going forward. I mean really. We know the Pats draft well. I want to hear about what all the teams are doing, particularly the one I root for, and instead I hear them heaping BS praise on the Pats. Frankly, Mayo is a bit overrated IMO, and I think the Patriots just drafted another Andy Katzenmeyer.

Kiper gives the Bills a B in the first round when at 11 they draft the guy he had at 10th in his mock and 19th on his big board.

Gives the Pats* an A and major ballwashing when they draft Mayo at 10th and he has him at 17 on his big board and 15th in his mock?

This guy is unreal. Where's the logic? The Bills draft a guy 8 spots higher than Kiper has him ranked and one spot after he projected him. The Pats* take a guy 7 spots higher than Kiper has him ranked and 5 spots before he has him projected?

How people take these clowns seriously is beyond me. But even more gross is that no one will ever say anything bad about the Pats*.

Is it my imagination or has Mel been marginalized in this year's ESPN telecast? He seem 'off' for some reason...

That was nice. The booing was awesome. What really pissed me off was the fact that for the entire ten minutes that we were on the board to pick at #11, the NFL Network guys did nothing but talk about the Jerod Mayo pick and how much that showed the Patriots being savvy and recognizing where their needs were going to be going forward. I mean really. We know the Pats draft well. I want to hear about what all the teams are doing, particularly the one I root for, and instead I hear them heaping BS praise on the Pats. Frankly, Mayo is a bit overrated IMO, and I think the Patriots just drafted another Andy Katzenmeyer.

Good Point. The Pats can do no wrong according to the NFL machine. Just wait - the end is near.

Anyone else suspect that the Pats wanted Rivers, but didn't count on Rivers being taken by the Bengals? I also saw Mayo as high as 42 on someone's mock draft--remember when they called Whitner a reach when he went at 8 (but would have never gotten past 16-18 or so)? How come no one has called the Pats out on this? Of course time will tell, but still.....

Draft day grades are about value. The Pats traded back, got extra picks and the guy they wanted. The Pats didn't draft well last year, but in general this decade they've found a lot of good players in later rounds so getting extra picks could lead to picking guys like Asante Samuel or Randall Gay.

The Bills just got the player they wanted. A "B" is a good grade, but part of the reason(beside bad coaching) the Bills haven't been to the playoffs this century is because they don't consistently get a lot out of the draft. They have a good draft, then two stinkers. More picks would seem to increase one's chance of success, but the Bills have been on the other end, either not trading when they could get extra picks or trading up and giving up extra picks to get guys like Losman or McCargo.

Is it my imagination or has Mel been marginalized in this year's ESPN telecast? He seem 'off' for some reason...

They seem to be phasing him out this year and grooming Todd Mcshay. I think Mike Mayock on NFLN is better than both of them. He guessed both Bills picks before we made them and praised them both. That is not why I think he is better but I do respect his opinion more.

Great post. There is no logic. And there never has been. They criticize easy targets and don't question anything the Pats ever do, as if they're afraid someone is going to chime in and say, "What, you think you're smarter than Belichick?"

If ANY team had the draft they had last year (go back and check it out), that team would have been creamed endlessly. Especially one of the "easy targets" - teams that haven't made the playoffs in some time.

Great post. There is no logic. And there never has been. They criticize easy targets and don't question anything the Pats ever do, as if they're afraid someone is going to chime in and say, "What, you think you're smarter than Belichick?"

If ANY team had the draft they had last year (go back and check it out), that team would have been creamed endlessly. Especially one of the "easy targets" - teams that haven't made the playoffs in some time.

Hey, 2 out of 9 ain't bad for a genius. <_< (I was surprised to see Richardson was still on the team.)

It did crack me up when someone mentioned that the Patriots had filled their secondary holes already and followed that with "they picked up Jason Webster from the Buffalo Bills." BB may be a genius and be able to coach a goldfish to be a star at the hula, but ...

i think mel is slipping too. i used to like him but i think there are others with better draft analysis these days