OFFICIAL: 3pm is here 2008 Draft Thread

I'm not doubting his strength for a smaller receiver. I'm doubting on him because he is a smaller receiver. Some of these guys are awesome (Steve Smith for example) but I don't see why we would want another undersized receiver whose specialty is speed. We've got two guys who fit that description: Lee Evans and Roscoe Parrish. Jackson is awesome, don't get me wrong, but he's not for us.

Good points. I still like Jackson and believe he would be a great fit for us. But a taller receiver is a need I blindly ignored.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure no round three today ? ESPN2 has the draft on from 8 to 11pm.

It's not quite 8PM with like 17 picks left at 6 min per pick is a little over an hour and a half, putting the end of the draft at 9:30

Consider how fast the first couple of picks went (Miami, St Louis, etc), that cut time off the early part of the draft. The 11pm end was alloting enough ample time for the first 2 rounds

They got a big body, but they didn't get the big body to catch the ball in the middle of the field, bail Edwards out when teams blitz, and keep the safeties from cheating toward the sidelines. Hardy is a sideline receiver. He could be a great weapon like a Plax Burress and a perfect complement to JP Losman's game. Less so for Edwards. Edwards can really work the middle of the field, but the Bills just don't have a reliable target there.

We'll see. He's big and I've seen highlights where he has screened the defender with his body to catch some quick slants over the middle. I'm just happy to see the pieces of the puzzle being nabbed instead of question marks.

what r-e-a-l division 1 school does not whore itself out for TV revenue? You are one bitter person. Did you really want a 169 pound WR over Hardy?

I don't think I'm bitter. And yes. Every Div 1 school does whore itself out for money. What I don't understand is why ND believes that it is better than everyone else to get it's own contract, especially when it has not contended for a National Title in many a year?

I think, actually that it was James Lofton. If not, it was Eric Moulds at 6'1" 217. I think Lofton was like 6'2". I might be wrong about Lofton, but if not, it's moulds.

Andre was listed at 6-2, Lofton 6-3... but neither is the right answer. That would be 6-4 Chris Burkett and Justin Armour. (You did say 20 years, right?)

TO ran a 4.6 at his combine. Lets stick to facts please

how long ago was his combine? is that what we're talking about or are we talking about the player TO is now and has been since he became an elite WR in the NFL...TO is one of the fastest WRs in the league and one of the few that can and has run away from Champ Bailey. When he was in Philly they did a piece on his workouts and he ran a 4.3 and change 40 which has been reported since on many occassions. If you cant see that he is one of the fastest WRs in the league then maybe you should go watch tennis or something

as usual, I see you have your internet tough guy act on

I don't think I'm bitter. And yes. Every Div 1 school does whore itself out for money. What I don't understand is why ND believes that it is better than everyone else to get it's own contract, especially when it has not contended for a National Title in many a year?

Even after an awful 2007 That School will be still ranked in the preseason top 25

I doubt TO's run that fast in years. If Hardy's only 80% as good as either Owens or Moss, I'll be thrilled...

The 40 time is overrated as far as wide receiver production - look fast Rice was(nt) in the 40.

Besides, TO came out of college running 4.36 and he's shorter. Hardy is 4.47...really....at 6' 5 who can complain about the guy's speed...like you said TO probably cant run a 4.47 right now to save his life!

All I want him to do is stand in the endzone on 3rd and Goal and catch a loft pass for a TD.

JUst wanna know ... who has been the Bills' tallest WR in the last 20 years?

Chris Burkett -- drafted him because he was tall ahead of Andre Reed

how long ago was his combine? is that what we're talking about or are we talking about the player TO is now and has been since he became an elite WR in the NFL...TO is one of the fastest WRs in the league and one of the few that can and has run away from Champ Bailey. When he was in Philly they did a piece on his workouts and he ran a 4.3 and change 40 and if you cant see that he is one of the fastest WRs in the league then maybe you should go watch tennis or something

as usual, I see you have your internet tough guy act on

Did you just imply that a WR has gotten 3 tenths of second fasterin his 40 time AFTER he turned 30?

what the hell does have to do with a draft thread? This is to discuss picks and players- not vent about the free market and Notre Dame TV contracts. Start a thread on that topic if you are that interested in discussing it. Lets keep this thread on course