My name is George. I am a draftoholic.

In the days leading up to last year's draft, I built this big board with two other Bills die hards (my brother and father) in six hours over two days. It took a lot longer than I had anticipated, but it was well worth it. I rank the top 24 prospects at each position. As each player is selected, I erase their name and replace it with the team that selected him.

Fortunately, my fiancee is very understanding and writes out all 240 names for me (her hand writing is much nicer). I rank the prospects using information available to me and my own personal opinions.

It was a hit at my draft party last year and it's ready to go for Saturday. I figured I would share with all of you fellow Bills fans.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

I could not figure out how to imbed the phots into the thread, so I just posted links.

DOes your family ever see you? :rolleyes:

Well, things get a little hairy this time of year. But everyone pretty much understands the draft is a passion of mine.

Rock on man, I think thats pretty sweet. Would make for a good fantasy football draft board.

Oh yeah, I figured last year I should try to find another use for it. It worked really good. The only downside was that I kept all of the pics on the board through the season so when I went to erase it for the draft board, it was very difficult to get the names off. Lesson learned for this year, though.

Now with all that work do you do a mock?

What do you do with it on draft day?

Believe it or not, I'm not really into doing mocks. I mean, I've done them in the past, but each year I realize you cannot predict trades, so they pretty much ruin the whole thing. This year, my buddies and I may try doing a live mock draft so we can adjust on the fly to trades or just a standard old mock draft. It's always fun to wager, haha. Keeps things interesting when the Cardinals are on the clock.

I have not even attempted a mock draft yet. I'll put one together either tomorrow after work or before the draft on Saturday.

Believe it or not, I'm not really into doing mocks. I mean, I've done them in the past, but each year I realize you cannot predict trades, so they pretty much ruin the whole thing. This year, my buddies and I may try doing a live mock draft so we can adjust on the fly to trades or just a standard old mock draft. It's always fun to wager, haha. Keeps things interesting when the Cardinals are on the clock.

I have not even attempted a mock draft yet. I'll put one together either tomorrow after work or before the draft on Saturday.

I must say that is pretty awesome, exactly what one would expect from a person with that handle.

Nice work on the draft board. You use a different approach than I do. For years I had talked about constructing a draft board, because lets be honest, as fun as the draft is it can drag at times and having a draft board injects that much more life into the event. Finally last year I constructed one on the eve of the draft in a couple of hours using limited funds and whatever I could muster at office depot. This year I planned ahead, bigtime. I've already got a spreadsheet with approximately 3-4 rounds worth of names on it(I would do more but that would increase my construction costs considerably, not to mention the time involved since I work almost full time and go to school). I should be constructing most of this year's board tomorrow, but it all depends on when my buddy arrives with the labelmaker and magnetic paint. Thats right, feel free to read it again.

This year I decided to construct my draft board using 1/2" by 30mm magnetic tape, I print labels using an electronic label maker(actually very quick), then I put them on the magnetic strips. Players are graded based upon scouting reports obtained from what i feel to be accurate sources in conjunction with the ratings me and my friends come up with(often after some debate). This year my grading system will have improved slightly given the amount of time I had to work on it. I will be instituting a flag system this year to denote why a guy with a higher grade may be lower on the board. Also I try to look for guys that fit our system. Its a difficult task and I applaud anyone who attempts it. Anyhow, I plan on getting a large board and painting it with magnetic paint so that I can use it year after year. I will also make labels for each team which will initially be placed in the draft order as of 3pm saturday. Once a player is picked I place their name next to the corresponding team. Im not sure if Im going to denote trades during the process, it all depends on hwo the thing comes together.

My landlord really doesn't care what happens to her property as long as the tenants pay rent, so I was thinking about sanding my wall flat(its an old, crappy, plaster wall) and just making the board right on teh wall and painting over it when I leave, but I decided it would ultimately do more harm than good to create all that dust in my tiny hole-in-the-wall apartment.

I may or may not have pictures after the draft, then again, Im not sure how many people would be interested in my amatuerish attempt at a draft board.

I have a similar board for lap dance proficiencies of strippers at various local clubs. In that case however, a big reach is a good thing.....and the medical evaluation is just as important.

Before the internet, I almost "invested" in one of those LED red scrawling signs that constantly fed the point spreads from vegas and current scores. I feel your pain!

Instead of erasing the names, maybe you should get little cut outs of each teams logo an place them accordingly. That way you don't have to erase all that pretty writing she did.

I must say, I like this idea.

Well we can easily say that you won't be the only one watching the draft.

Plan on it :rolleyes:

I must say that is pretty awesome, exactly what one would expect from a person with that handle.

Nice work on the draft board. You use a different approach than I do. For years I had talked about constructing a draft board, because lets be honest, as fun as the draft is it can drag at times and having a draft board injects that much more life into the event. Finally last year I constructed one on the eve of the draft in a couple of hours using limited funds and whatever I could muster at office depot. This year I planned ahead, bigtime. I've already got a spreadsheet with approximately 3-4 rounds worth of names on it(I would do more but that would increase my construction costs considerably, not to mention the time involved since I work almost full time and go to school). I should be constructing most of this year's board tomorrow, but it all depends on when my buddy arrives with the labelmaker and magnetic paint. Thats right, feel free to read it again.

This year I decided to construct my draft board using 1/2" by 30mm magnetic tape, I print labels using an electronic label maker(actually very quick), then I put them on the magnetic strips. Players are graded based upon scouting reports obtained from what i feel to be accurate sources in conjunction with the ratings me and my friends come up with(often after some debate). This year my grading system will have improved slightly given the amount of time I had to work on it. I will be instituting a flag system this year to denote why a guy with a higher grade may be lower on the board. Also I try to look for guys that fit our system. Its a difficult task and I applaud anyone who attempts it. Anyhow, I plan on getting a large board and painting it with magnetic paint so that I can use it year after year. I will also make labels for each team which will initially be placed in the draft order as of 3pm saturday. Once a player is picked I place their name next to the corresponding team. Im not sure if Im going to denote trades during the process, it all depends on hwo the thing comes together.

My landlord really doesn't care what happens to her property as long as the tenants pay rent, so I was thinking about sanding my wall flat(its an old, crappy, plaster wall) and just making the board right on teh wall and painting over it when I leave, but I decided it would ultimately do more harm than good to create all that dust in my tiny hole-in-the-wall apartment.

I may or may not have pictures after the draft, then again, Im not sure how many people would be interested in my amatuerish attempt at a draft board.

Well I can't speak for everyone else, but I'd love to see pictures of the draft board. I mean, dry erase is always a good time. But magnetic stripes? That's just awesome. Sound like a sweet board. Similarly, I made a trek to Home Depot. The board was originally so large, that when I tried to bring it to my car, it was so windy that is almost acted as a sail, haha. I probably should have checked, but of course the board didn't fit into my Jeep. So, needless to say, it was an adventure.

I have a similar board for lap dance proficiencies of strippers at various local clubs. In that case however, a big reach is a good thing.....and the medical evaluation is just as important.

Before the internet, I almost "invested" in one of those LED red scrawling signs that constantly fed the point spreads from vegas and current scores. I feel your pain!

Where can you get one of those? I would love to mount one down in my basement. & yes, Iam a gambling degenerate.

just when i think i might have a problem, be too into the whole thing, i see this. you make me feel less shame and, indeed, pride for my fandom.

you have enabled (who says that's a bad word) me to really go all out in persuit of my "destructive" hobbies.

i salute you sir.

just when i think i might have a problem, be too into the whole thing, i see this. you make me feel less shame and, indeed, pride for my fandom.

you have enabled (who says that's a bad word) me to really go all out in persuit of my "destructive" hobbies.

i salute you sir.

I am glad I could help out :rolleyes: