Draft oozes false hope -- unless we get Kiper vs. McShay

slyng1

Great article on SportsLine about the NFL draft:

http://www.sportsline.com/columns/story/10796753

Best Part comes at the end:

The real reward of the draft will come in September, when we don't have to listen to Kiper or McShay or Chris Berman but we can look with our own eyes. Reggie Bush went No. 2 overall in 2006 to New Orleans, and the Saints went from 3-13 in 2005 to 10-6 and the 2006 NFC title game -- but not because of Reggie Bush. Their best rookie that year was receiver Marques Colston, who was picked near the bottom of the seventh round, or at the end of nearly 20 hours of televised draft coverage. Three months of buildup and 20 hours of draft coverage in 2006, and nobody knew about Marques Colston -- possibly the most productive player to come out of that whole draft.

If you're still watching when this year's Marques Colston is picked in the seventh round, you've got problems. Unless you're holding out hope that Mel Kiper will lunge for Todd McShay's neck. In that event, I salute you.

Great article on SportsLine about the NFL draft:

http://www.sportsline.com/columns/story/10796753

Best Part comes at the end:

The real reward of the draft will come in September, when we don't have to listen to Kiper or McShay or Chris Berman but we can look with our own eyes. Reggie Bush went No. 2 overall in 2006 to New Orleans, and the Saints went from 3-13 in 2005 to 10-6 and the 2006 NFC title game -- but not because of Reggie Bush. Their best rookie that year was receiver Marques Colston, who was picked near the bottom of the seventh round, or at the end of nearly 20 hours of televised draft coverage. Three months of buildup and 20 hours of draft coverage in 2006, and nobody knew about Marques Colston -- possibly the most productive player to come out of that whole draft.

If you're still watching when this year's Marques Colston is picked in the seventh round, you've got problems. Unless you're holding out hope that Mel Kiper will lunge for Todd McShay's neck. In that event, I salute you.

Hey-I resent that

The draft is way overrated anyhow. Its all a crap shoot honestly. I could give a rats ass what Kiper and Boomer have to say. Just get on the field and play the game.

"Don't believe the HYPE!"

But, but, value, dammit! VALUE!!!!

PTR