Opportunity missed before draft

The draft is all about opportunity. You are going to have some hits and misses no matter who you are. That means when a rare sure thing presents itself, you should grab it.

If you were a team that had the positional needs:

WR

CB

Owen Schmitt

DE

TE

OL depth

and you had the chance to use your FOURTH round pick not only to take one of those positions, but to fill it with a proven commodity, would you do it?

Of course you would, but the Bills didn't. It is not even draft day and Brandon has failed his first test miserably. Pac Man Jones is a no brainer and we let him get away. Now we are on to the draft where we will inevitably have some hits and some misses. <_<<_<:cry:

Like I said, everyone has hits and misses and Brandon should not be expected to be perfect. But I do think we as fans have the right to expect him to act on obvious situations like this. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure he said that he wanted to play for the Cowboys and was seeking a trade with them.

Oh, and he is a total thug.

Last I checked players don't get to decide where they go and Tennessee would like our 4th better than Dallas'.

And don't you think the thug thing is over by now? Statistics say it must be.

trade away a 4th rounder for a player that cant even play NFL football right now..... somehow I do not think this is a good idea.

If he's not reinstated the Titans send Dallas a pick next year. Really a no lose situation for the Cboys.

trade away a 4th rounder for a player that cant even play NFL football right now..... somehow I do not think this is a good idea.

The odds of Pac-Man playing again are probably about 75% and would be 95% if we got him, because Goodell is from Jamestown and would cut the Bills a break.

The odds of picking a 4th rounder that would, like Pac Man, be one of the best in NFL history at his position, are.......let's say less than 95 %.

<_<<_<:cry:

The draft is all about opportunity. You are going to have some hits and misses no matter who you are. That means when a rare sure thing presents itself, you should grab it.

If you were a team that had the positional needs:

WR

CB

Owen Schmitt

DE

TE

OL depth

and you had the chance to use your FOURTH round pick not only to take one of those positions, but to fill it with a proven commodity, would you do it?

Of course you would, but the Bills didn't. It is not even draft day and Brandon has failed his first test miserably. Pac Man Jones is a no brainer and we let him get away. Now we are on to the draft where we will inevitably have some hits and some misses. <_<<_<:cry:

Like I said, everyone has hits and misses and Brandon should not be expected to be perfect. But I do think we as fans have the right to expect him to act on obvious situations like this. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.

As painful as it may sound, guys like Pac-Man Jones aren't going to stay in a city like Buffalo. You don't think Pac Man wanted to go to Dallas because of winning do you? It's because it's Dallas. You want the Bills to trade for a headcase who is known for shooting up stripclubs? You want a guy who has been suspended for the last year and who now may not even play this year? Stop thinking with your Playstation 2.

As painful as it may sound, guys like Pac-Man Jones aren't going to stay in a city like Buffalo. You don't think Pac Man wanted to go to Dallas because of winning do you? It's because it's Dallas. You want the Bills to trade for a headcase who is known for shooting up stripclubs? You want a guy who has been suspended for the last year and who now may not even play this year? Stop thinking with your Playstation 2.

Have you ever been to Dallas? <_<

I think Buffalo would have been a perfect fit for Pacman. The Bills need a corner and he couldn't get into any trouble in Buffalo. Willis said so. Willis said Buffalo has no women and no nightlife and everyone knows that football players only get into trouble after dark while in the pursuit of you know what.

You want the Bills to trade for a headcase who is known for shooting up stripclubs? You want a guy who has been suspended for the last year and who now may not even play this year? Stop thinking with your Playstation 2.

To your points:

Pac Man has had 6 arrests. 2.5 of these were clearly in error and he is all done with that stuff.

He would play if he came to Buffalo because Goodell is from Jamestown.

Playstation 2? I have not had one of those in 8 years. I am now using a Playstation 4 test machine direct from Sony's labs.

Some people around here think the NFL is just like trading playing cards. You go to the other GM's beadroom. Mom makes lemonade for everyone, and you start dealing.

ieatcrayons, lf Brandon blew it so bad, then what about the other 30 NFL teams? If all it took was a 4th rounder, why didn't other teams make offers? Why didn't someone offer a third? If Pacman is such an automatic, then why wasn't there a bidding war? And what about Randy Moss last year? Why didn't some team just outid New England for the greatest WR in the NFL today?

Is it because NFL GM's are all stupid, or is it because there's behind-the-scenes stuff happening? Don't you think Pacman had a list of teams he wanted to play for, like Randy Moss did? I doubt many teams have Buffalo on a list like that.

Man, you have got to think a little before you make dumbass posts like this.

PTR

Some people around here think the NFL is just like trading playing cards. You go to the other GM's beadroom. Mom makes lemonade for everyone, and you start dealing.

ieatcrayons, lf Brandon blew it so bad, then what about the other 30 NFL teams? If all it took was a 4th rounder, why didn't other teams make offers? Why didn't someone offer a third? If Pacman is such an automatic, then why wasn't there a bidding war? And what about Randy Moss last year? Why didn't some team just outid New England for the greatest WR in the NFL today?

Is it because NFL GM's are all stupid, or is it because there's behind-the-scenes stuff happening? Don't you think Pacman had a list of teams he wanted to play for, like Randy Moss did? I doubt many teams have Buffalo on a list like that.

Man, you have got to think a little before you make dumbass posts like this.

PTR

Lucky for us Stroud had Buffalo on his list. <_<

Mom makes lemonade for everyone, and you start dealing.

ieatcrayons, lf Brandon blew it so bad, then what about the other 30 NFL teams?

You talk about Moms and then look at your very next sentence contradicts the Mom comment.

Don't you remember when your Mom said:

If 30 other people jumped off a bridge, would you?

Just because there are 30 other GMs that failed, it doesn't mean Brandon has to join them. Plus, not all 30 need a CB anyway.