If the Bills were smart...

..they would find a way to get Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly. That way you can line Evans up on one side, and get Thomas, Kelly, and Reed to line up in trips formation on the other. Ralph would get so damn nostalgic and be tricked into thinking it's 1991, that he would sell the team to someone who will keep the team in Buffalo and spend money. The Bills would then go on to win 6 of the next 8 Superbowls. It's a no brainer move.

..they would find a way to get Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly. That way you can line Evans up on one side, and get Thomas, Kelly, and Reed to line up in trips formation on the other. Ralph would get so damn nostalgic and be tricked into thinking it's 1991, that he would sell the team to someone who will keep the team in Buffalo and spend money. The Bills would then go on to win 6 of the next 8 Superbowls. It's a no brainer move.

......Get the WR they need and start working immediately on finding a head coach that can put together an offensive approach that can generate enough points to win games against good teams.

The replies in this threat are extremely disappointing.

While they're at it, they should pick Jerome Simpson and bench Evans.

THANK YOU! I thought for a minute the joke went right over everyone's heads, but finally someone picked up on it...

......Get the WR they need and start working immediately on finding a head coach that can put together an offensive approach that can generate enough points to win games against good teams.

I love how this thread suddenly became an attack on the head coach. Man, people will do anything to unleash their hatred. Buffalo's offense was anemic last year, there is no question. There is also no question that the Bills lacked a legitimate number two or three wide receiver to allow us to have any semblence of a passing attack. If you fix that, you can actually throw the ball and score points. Fairchild was the problem. First, he didn't trust JP enough to open up the playbook, and then when Trent came in, he was a rookie and they certainly weren't going to just open up the barn door and let the horses out. Now, with Schonert as OC, and with some stability at the QB position, I think they will open it up more. Jauron has said that he was very disappointed in the way Fairchild handled the offense last year and that things were going to change. I believe he is being honest and if the Bills get some more weapons on the O, particularly a legit receiver to line up opposite Evans, things are going to be much better.

I agree with the two WR thing as well. Buffalo should take Devin Thomas or James Hardy in the first and see who's left in the second. If Malcolm Kelly falls to #42, it's a no brainer for Buffalo to take him there. If he does not, I say take Jerome Simpson in the Fourth. Either way, Buffalo should get two quality receivers in this years draft to help the offense. Getting a TE in the second, say Davis or Bennett wouldn't be a bad move either.

drafting kelly and thomas would not be a good idea, this team has bigger needs. And there is no way we would be able to get two of the top 5 receivers in the draft. Just a dumb idea

Really? We have a bigger need than WR in this draft? Please, enlighten me. And just to pre-empt any DL suggestions, we've adequately addressed those in free agency. Bringing in Stroud and Johnson is exactly what they needed to do. Further, that talent in the middle will free up Schobel and Kelsay from double teams. That will likely move them back into the upper tier of DEs in the league as they were two or three years back. The team has also addressed the CB situation by bringing in James who is starting caliber talent.

I'm not saying the Bills shouldn't use draft picks this year to address the DL or CB or the OL. In fact I think they ought to take Mike Pollack C in the third and Andre Fluellen DT in the fifth. The problem is, you can have a fantastic D and an offense that can't score, and still lose games. Buffalo will average 16 points a game again this year if they don't get a WR.

Also, I don't think you can tell me with a straight face that if the opportunity arose where Buffalo, without moving up or down, had a chance to take BOTH Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly you could say that would be a bad idea. You would essentially be tripling the offensive firepower this team had. You now have legit #2 and #3 receivers on your team. Evans would no longer face the double team every down, thus making him much more effective. Other defenses can't stack the box against Lynch, thus freeing him up for bigger and longer running plays. Also, look at the Colts and Patriots. They each had, during their last Super Bowl runs, three highly talented receivers along with solid running play. That's what your offense needs to survive in this league. Kelly's stock has been dropping and there is certainly the possibility that he could fall into the second round. Also, James Hardy has consistently been available in the second according to many mock drafts. Take them for what their worth, but if either Kelly or Hardy is there in the Second, even if we have already drafted Devin Thomas, we would be fools NOT to take them.

Further, that would make us Evans-proof. What I mean by that is, if he takes his ball and decides to leave at the end of the season, you don't lose much. You have a number one and a number two already on the roster with Thomas and Kelly. You still want to argue that drafting both of them is a bad idea?

Really? We have a bigger need than WR in this draft? Please, enlighten me. And just to pre-empt any DL suggestions, we've adequately addressed those in free agency. Bringing in Stroud and Johnson is exactly what they needed to do. Further, that talent in the middle will free up Schobel and Kelsay from double teams. That will likely move them back into the upper tier of DEs in the league as they were two or three years back. The team has also addressed the CB situation by bringing in James who is starting caliber talent.

I'm not saying the Bills shouldn't use draft picks this year to address the DL or CB or the OL. In fact I think they ought to take Mike Pollack C in the third and Andre Fluellen DT in the fifth. The problem is, you can have a fantastic D and an offense that can't score, and still lose games. Buffalo will average 16 points a game again this year if they don't get a WR.

Also, I don't think you can tell me with a straight face that if the opportunity arose where Buffalo, without moving up or down, had a chance to take BOTH Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly you could say that would be a bad idea. You would essentially be tripling the offensive firepower this team had. You now have legit #2 and #3 receivers on your team. Evans would no longer face the double team every down, thus making him much more effective. Other defenses can't stack the box against Lynch, thus freeing him up for bigger and longer running plays. Also, look at the Colts and Patriots. They each had, during their last Super Bowl runs, three highly talented receivers along with solid running play. That's what your offense needs to survive in this league. Kelly's stock has been dropping and there is certainly the possibility that he could fall into the second round. Also, James Hardy has consistently been available in the second according to many mock drafts. Take them for what their worth, but if either Kelly or Hardy is there in the Second, even if we have already drafted Devin Thomas, we would be fools NOT to take them.

Further, that would make us Evans-proof. What I mean by that is, if he takes his ball and decides to leave at the end of the season, you don't lose much. You have a number one and a number two already on the roster with Thomas and Kelly. You still want to argue that drafting both of them is a bad idea?

While I agree with you that the over-use of Lindall in the redzone is a MAJOR problem, watching the Patriots game last year has to make you know that the pass rush/DB coverage is way below average and is why the Bills are still far away from being elite.

While I agree with you that the over-use of Lindall in the redzone is a major problem, watching the Patriots game last year has to make you know that the pass rush/DB coverage is way below average and is why the Bills are still far away from being elite.

Wasn't that the point of bringing in Stroud, Johnson and Mitchell? Perhaps I missed that one. The reason the Pats had trouble with the Giants' pass rush is because of the type of passing game on which they relied, and their blocking schemes in the SB just didn't work. Frankly, the Giants should have beaten them in the regular season too.

The fact is, a good pass rush is always a factor to winning games. However, the pass rush IS already going to be better with Stroud and Johnson coming in. Stroud and McCargo are the likely starters at DT, and both are very good players. McCargo really turned it on last season and he looks like he's ready to really have a monster year. Those two are going to demand respect in the middle, which will take those constant double teams off of Schobel and Kelsay, allowing them an opportunity to get the QB more often. I think Buffalo should take a DT or a DE in the draft, probably in the Fourth or Fifth round, but not in the first. We have other NEEDS that are bigger. That was my point.

Just to clarify, my draft would look like this.

1. Devin Thomas WR

2. Brandon Flowers CB or Calais Campbell DE

3. John Carlson TE

4. Mike Pollace C

4. Adrian Arrington WR

5. Andre Fluellen DT

6. Shawn Crable OLB (If available)

7. BPA

7. BPA

7. BPA

That being said, if Malcolm Kelly did fall to that spot in the second round, we should take him as well, for all the reasons I previously stated.

I agree with the 2 WR thing, however, id like Thomas & Hardy instead of Kelly.

Agreed...

They would have to give up on improving other areas early on...But I would LOVE to see both Thomas and Hardy in Red, White, and Blue...Only thing is, You can pretty much kiss Lee Evans goodbye after the 08 Season because that would be a TON of cash tied up at WR if #83 got a new deal... ;)

I love how this thread suddenly became an attack on the head coach. Man, people will do anything to unleash their hatred. Buffalo's offense was anemic last year, there is no question. There is also no question that the Bills lacked a legitimate number two or three wide receiver to allow us to have any semblence of a passing attack. If you fix that, you can actually throw the ball and score points. Fairchild was the problem. First, he didn't trust JP enough to open up the playbook, and then when Trent came in, he was a rookie and they certainly weren't going to just open up the barn door and let the horses out. Now, with Schonert as OC, and with some stability at the QB position, I think they will open it up more. Jauron has said that he was very disappointed in the way Fairchild handled the offense last year and that things were going to change. I believe he is being honest and if the Bills get some more weapons on the O, particularly a legit receiver to line up opposite Evans, things are going to be much better.

I agree with the two WR thing as well. Buffalo should take Devin Thomas or James Hardy in the first and see who's left in the second. If Malcolm Kelly falls to #42, it's a no brainer for Buffalo to take him there. If he does not, I say take Jerome Simpson in the Fourth. Either way, Buffalo should get two quality receivers in this years draft to help the offense. Getting a TE in the second, say Davis or Bennett wouldn't be a bad move either.

You make some good points, but I don't remember ever hearing Jauron say he was disappointed in Fairchild's play calling, except maybe very indirectly. Quite the opposite; he seemed to defend him at every opportunity. I don't hate Jauron, but his loyalty is blind to a fault. No matter, he's gone and we have a chance at fielding a reasonable offensive game plan.

I like the idea of drafting two WRs this year, but not in the first 3 rounds. We can pick up a Jordy Nelson-like player in Round 4 or later, drafting some combination of TE, CB, Center, or DL after we choose our #2 receiver, but before we pick another. There's too many needs on this team to spend 2 high draft picks on WRs.

Expect the attacks to intensify on Jauron as the Bill increase the talent level on the team and he fails to generate results that meet expectations for that talent. If I'm proved wrong, I'll make amends.

Expect the attacks to intensify on Jauron as the Bill increase the talent level on the team and he fails to generate results that meet expectations for that talent. If I'm proved wrong, I'll make amends.

the point was that in a thread about getting 2 WR's in the draft, a stupid outburst about how bad Jaroun is or isn't was not warranted or wanted

Maybe he'd sell the team to Jim Kelly and that ownership group he's been trying to put together. The conversations between Ralph and Jim would go something like this.

Ralph, "Malcolm Kelly had a good game this past Sunday."

Jim, "Yup. You can't go wrong with a guy named Kelly."

Ralph, "You know what? You're right. I have a good feeling about your ownership group, and I'm willing to shave $10 million off the price I'd mentioned the last time we talked."

Jim, "That's mighty generous of you, Ralph."

One week later . . .

Ralph, "If Malcolm Kelly hadn't dropped that pass at the end of the game, we would have beaten the Patriots."

Jim, "Ever since the Bills stopped going to the playoffs, I've always thought of the Patriots games as this team's Super Bowl. This one was a heart breaker."

Ralph, "Yeah. And it brings back memories of some other guy named Kelly coming up short in other Super Bowls."

Jim, "Let's not go there."

Ralph, "I'm afraid that $10 million price reduction we talked about isn't going to happen."