The New York Jets

Ken O'Brien was not a bust. Marino slipped through almost every team in the draft. The only thing I ever heard about Danny Boy is that he, HIMSELF, wanted to go to Pittsburgh.

But, O'Brien was a pretty solid QB.

Maybe the word Bust is too strong there, O'brien wasn't Ryan Leaf, but he certainly wasn't Dan Marino either. What I was saying is that the fans all wanted Marino, the front office wanted O'brien, and it turned out the fans were right (opposite of the eagles/mcnabb situation). I hate the Dolphins as much as anybody, but the fact is Marino is an all time great, O'brien isn't.

Gotta love the comments form the idiot jets fans below the video.

in the end it's all if you bring a super bowl to your team or not.Thats really all the fans remember you for.Neither Dan Marino or Ken O'brien brought a super bowl to their teams...so Ken O'brien really was no worse of a pick

Its as if LSI has a long lost jets fan brother.

Yeah. Marino who?

As fans of a team that has not made the playoff since the last century, shares the record for LOSING the most title games and has one foot in Toronto and the other on a banana peel, I can understand how you find solace in the NFL draft. Heck Mike Williams seemed like a great pick at the time. Keep picking 1st round DB's however and even Toronto may not want the team. :lol:

I always thought that O'Brien was pretty good. Made the Pro Bowl twice.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/O/OBriKe00.htm

O'Brien was very good in some of the years he played. He was one of the top QB's in the game at times, although never really considered a superstar. He shouldn't be used in the same sentence as bust. As for Marino, the Jets weren't the only team that passed on his services. If I remember right, there were a bunch of teams fans, namely Pittsburgh, that really wanted Marino, but they passed.

Dan was certainly one of the best ever, but Kenny wasn't a slouch by any means. O'Brien should actually be considered one of their better picks.

As fans of a team that has not made the playoff since the last century, shares the record for LOSING the most title games and has one foot in Toronto and the other on a banana peel, I can understand how you find solace in the NFL draft. Heck Mike Williams seemed like a great pick at the time. Keep picking 1st round DB's however and even Toronto may not want the team. :lol:

Hey LI Phil -- Welcome back! Bastard. :devil:

Dan was certainly one of the best ever, but Kenny wasn't a slouch by any means. O'Brien should actually be considered one of their better picks.

There were some wild Miami-Jets games back in the 80s when O'Brien and Marino were both in their prime.

...as opposed to fans of a team that hasn't made a title game in 39 years. You're wrong about the record -- Giants have lost an even dozen championship games, Cleveland is in second with seven, and the league didn't start in 1966. As for the rest? GFY, and have a nice day.

http://www.nfl.com/players/darrellerevis/p...le?id=REV515344

O'Brien was very good in some of the years he played. He was one of the top QB's in the game at times, although never really considered a superstar. He shouldn't be used in the same sentence as bust. As for Marino, the Jets weren't the only team that passed on his services. If I remember right, there were a bunch of teams fans, namely Pittsburgh, that really wanted Marino, but they passed.

I agree! :devil:

...as opposed to fans of a team that hasn't made a title game in 39 years. You're wrong about the record -- Giants have lost an even dozen championship games, Cleveland is in second with seven, and the league didn't start in 1966. As for the rest? GFY, and have a nice day.

He can GFY.

This a lot better though :lol:IGY

You say we haven't made the playoffs in this century, I say we haven't lost a playoff game in this century. I guess it is all how you look at it.

I have a friend who went to Pitt when Marino was there. Rumor was Marino was the biggest coke dealer at school

That rumor probably cost Marino a shot at quarterbacking the Steelers.

Look at who went in front of him in that 6 QB first round. Marino was the last of the six taken at #27.

#1 -- John Elway, Baltimore (we all know what happened there).

#7 -- Todd Blackledge, Kansas City (you have GOT to be kidding me).

#14 -- Jim Kelly, Buffalo (see #1).

#15 -- Tony Eason, New England (promising career ruined by the beatdown the Bears put on him in Super Bowl XX).

#24 -- Ken O'Brien, NY Jets (good career, nowhere near what Marino had).

#27 -- Marino.

At #21, the Steelers took Gabriel Rivera, a defensive tackle from Texas Tech who was paralyzed in a drunk driving accident his rookie season. Marino, of course, was there for the taking, and could have led some decent Steeler teams of the late 80s deep into the playoffs.

Jeff :):lol::P:lol::lol: Lageman :wallbash::lol:

Lageman had a solid career in the NFL. He played 6 years with the Jets & with the exception of a year he was injured, was a starter. He then signed as a free agent with Jacksonville. If anything, the Jets were right about Lageman, who on draft day was going to go a few spots lower according to reports-so the Jets had to take him where they did or lose him-and Mel Kiper was totally wrong for saying they don't know how to use the draft when Lageman was picked.

OMG! :lol:

Potty mouth! :wallbash: