Shockey 2 Buffalo

Frez

Would love to see the Buffalo Bills pick up Jeremy Shockey from the NY Giants. He would be an excellent addition to our slouching offense. In my honest opinion he would be a great SPARK to our offense. What a weapon he would be for Trent Edwards.

Get er DONE!

http://www.nj.com/giants/ledger/index.ssf?....xml&coll=1

Drops a LOT of catchable passes, injury problems, deep at TE in this years draft, expensive, Giants won the super bowl after he got injured (again), Drew Rosenhouse is his agent, shows up his QB (we have a 2nd year QB BTW) Do I need to go on?

biggest question is, what would you be willing to give up for him.

I am not too high on him after reading that he complains about blocking too much. As for his injuries, he was injured a lot when he was primarily used as a receiving TE.

Drops a LOT of catchable passes, injury problems, deep at TE in this years draft, expensive, Giants won the super bowl after he got injured (again), Drew Rosenhouse is his agent, shows up his QB (we have a 2nd year QB BTW) Do I need to go on?

Not only that he might have just past his prime. Compared to the year before and last season, he did not look the same despite the injury.

NOT expensive, he is scheduled for a base salary of 1.9 this year. Come on guys, don't just speculate stuff when you post, look it up

NOT expensive, he is scheduled for a base salary of 1.9 this year. Come on guys, don't just speculate stuff when you post, look it up

If you think he's going to accept being traded away from the super bowl champs to a team that hasn't made the playoffs in a decade (not to mention his agent is Rosenhouse) and not ask for an extension, you're nuts.

All good reasons to get him! And I've heard of him!

PTR

I actually could get on board with this. Shockey may be a bit of a wild card, but not as bad as some of you are saying. He's a super-talented player who is very passionate. He just wants to win.

If we can get him for a third and fifth round pick, I say do it. I mean get er done.

I love the attitude Shockey brings to the field and yes id love to have him on this team......

He is a dlck.

He is from "The U" (no, I don't need a list of the "good" guys from Miami).

The Giants didn't even want him around because he was causing problems, and that was obviously the right choice.

There are also injury questions, and a drop off in play.

I would rather the Bills gave the playing time to a develop a draftee.

OMFG! I've heard of him! Git 'r dun!

;)

Seriously, why would somebody want to be traded off the team that just won the Super Bowl?

Because he was not instrumental in said SB? It must have been very painful for him to watch the playoff run made by his team culminating in the SB victory. Boss had a nice stretch and though I'd expect know one to speak publicly, I'd have to believe he's looked at as expendable. Afterall, he was not needed to win a championship, right?

If the right offer came around, I think the Gints pull the trigger. With his injury history, I don't think it would cost all that much to get him, IMO.

I'm not saying we'd make a play for him, or that he's even worth dealing for/with, but it could be done.