Who coached Ron Edwards?

Simon

Advance warning:

Simon is sauced and on somebody else's keyboard as the last man standing(sorta) at a wild par-tay. Erratic typing will not be reconciled

I've been wondering about this for a while but who was teh BIlls DLine coach(es) during Ron Edwards tenure. The reason I ask (aside from being wasted and awake and out of my mind; how shottydrunken do you have to be before you think of Ron freaking Edwards? ;) Buzz On!!! )) is because I watched the KC Chiefs defense a few times recently after virtually ignoring them for 10 years since DThomas and NeilSmith were there. The reason was I wantd to watch some of Tamba Hali as a pro (Bills should have dreaftd him; he's already an impact player and likely to improve; one of the best motors in the NFL right now) and something that really caught my eye was Ron Edwards. He was creating all kinds of difficulties for opposing offenses. W/o extra attention he was regularly in the backfield, creating traffic at key points, holding up at the POA, etc etc. With JAllen and Hali drawing so much attention Edwards caused a ton of problem for often overmatched isolated interior linemen.

Did he not blossom until he got away from Buffalo due to coaching, health, maturity or what? He was impressive enougjh in multiple looks to have been better than any DT on the Bills in.... ? since PhatPAt left? I know that's not saying a lot but it's a statement nobody ever expected to make after him doing so little here.

Was it Gunther Cunningham's sailor's blue streak that woke him up(he is back in KC right)? Who's his position coahc out there? WHo was it here.

Somebody answer that crazy drunk before he starts accosting the guests!!!!!! :wallbash:

Somebody wake the hell up and answer me.

Now, galdangit!

Uh-oh the birds are rolling out which means I'm in the doghouse for not finding my way home. Que sara, beats wrapping the truck 'round a tree I suppose.

Hope y'all have as much fun this weekend as I just had. ;)

Now where's that couch I tripped over earlier......

Name that artist:

Last night I had a run in with an old friend of mine

Everthing was cool, everyone was feeling fine yea

Then he went up and hit me with the old dance floor

Lawsutis pending won't be the same no more no!!

I'm gonna sue Jack Daniels for

Hitting me with a trunk of a big ol' live oak tree

He hurt me this morning with the bright sun light

I'm gonna sue Jack Daniels for what he did to my face last night

He pushed me into a thorny ol' bush

Only about a hundred needles stuck in my tush

Having so much fun with my buddies at the bar

But it wasn't very funny when he made me wreck my car

I'm gonna sue Jack Daniels for what he did to my here I go

Look in the mirror and what do I see

Some big ol' cancker sore lookin thing on me no!!!

I'm gonna sue and the lawyer says I'll win

I'm gonna take that money and do it all again

I'm gonna sue

Jack Daniels

Just me and you

Gonna have a duel

High noon

Krumrie coached Edwards during his 3 years here. So, it's either the light went on in Edwards' head or the aformentioned Hall & Hali take up more OL's attention than Bills' ends. My recollection of Edwards' few healthy starts in the post-Pat era were getting blown up the middle as teams went straight up the gut against him & Adams.

Krumrie coached Edwards during his 3 years here. So, it's either the light went on in Edwards' head or the aformentioned Hall & Hali take up more OL's attention than Bills' ends. My recollection of Edwards' few healthy starts in the post-Pat era were getting blown up the middle as teams went straight up the gut against him & Adams.

I think that Edwards and Adams had a similar style. Adams was HUGE but he was more of a slahing DT than one who could/would/wanted to hold the middle. He seemed happier to get the very quick push, at the risk of penalties that would make a Bills Fan want to rip his or her hair out.

Edwards seemed to be more suited for this, but that left nobody to occupy blockers. He would have been a fantastic fit next to Stroud.

Jmo.

PS: A sober Simon would have remembered the above. ;)

Advance warning:

Simon is sauced and on somebody else's keyboard as the last man standing(sorta) at a wild par-tay. Erratic typing will not be reconciled

I've been wondering about this for a while but who was teh BIlls DLine coach(es) during Ron Edwards tenure. The reason I ask (aside from being wasted and awake and out of my mind; how shottydrunken do you have to be before you think of Ron freaking Edwards? ;) Buzz On!!! )) is because I watched the KC Chiefs defense a few times recently after virtually ignoring them for 10 years since DThomas and NeilSmith were there. The reason was I wantd to watch some of Tamba Hali as a pro (Bills should have dreaftd him; he's already an impact player and likely to improve; one of the best motors in the NFL right now) and something that really caught my eye was Ron Edwards. He was creating all kinds of difficulties for opposing offenses. W/o extra attention he was regularly in the backfield, creating traffic at key points, holding up at the POA, etc etc. With JAllen and Hali drawing so much attention Edwards caused a ton of problem for often overmatched isolated interior linemen.

Did he not blossom until he got away from Buffalo due to coaching, health, maturity or what? He was impressive enougjh in multiple looks to have been better than any DT on the Bills in.... ? since PhatPAt left? I know that's not saying a lot but it's a statement nobody ever expected to make after him doing so little here.

Was it Gunther Cunningham's sailor's blue streak that woke him up(he is back in KC right)? Who's his position coahc out there? WHo was it here.

Somebody answer that crazy drunk before he starts accosting the guests!!!!!! :wallbash:

Just another night out doing shots with Hillary in Pennsyltucky.......

The reason was I wantd to watch some of Tamba Hali as a pro (Bills should have dreaftd him; he's already an impact player and likely to improve; one of the best motors in the NFL right now)

Really? The Bills, with holes everywhere, should have taken an impact defensive lineman rather than reach on a safety? ;)

If I remember correctly wasnt Edwards always tearing his rotator cuff while he was here? I think it ended his final season here when the light just seemed to come on for him. I believe he also tore his triceps as well, so his health was probably the biggest factor for him not sticking around. He'd look good in the current rotation, sure would Bill!

Somebody wake the hell up and answer me.

Now, galdangit!

Uh-oh the birds are rolling out which means I'm in the doghouse for not finding my way home. Que sara, beats wrapping the truck 'round a tree I suppose.

Hope y'all have as much fun this weekend as I just had. ;)

Now where's that couch I tripped over earlier......

Name that artist:

Last night I had a run in with an old friend of mine

Everthing was cool, everyone was feeling fine yea

Then he went up and hit me with the old dance floor

Lawsutis pending won't be the same no more no!!

He pushed me into a thorny ol' bush

Only about a hundred needles stuck in my tush

Having so much fun with my buddies at the bar

But it wasn't very funny when he made me wreck my car

I'm gonna sue Jack Daniels for what he did to my here I go

Look in the mirror and what do I see

Some big ol' cancker sore lookin thing on me no!!!

I'm gonna sue and the lawyer says I'll win

I'm gonna take that money and do it all again

I'm gonna sue

Jack Daniels

Just me and you

Gonna have a duel

High noon

Reverend Horton Heat - "Sue Jack Daniels"

I tried sue-ing.

They just laugh and mention something about freedom and responsibility.

If I remember correctly wasnt Edwards always tearing his rotator cuff while he was here? I think it ended his final season here when the light just seemed to come on for him. I believe he also tore his triceps as well, so his health was probably the biggest factor for him not sticking around. He'd look good in the current rotation, sure would Bill!

yep. His biggest problem was staying on the field. It seemed like every year he was ending up on IR before the bye week.

Advance warning:

Edwards did everything just said here in Buffalo. He was just inconsistent or hurt. Tim Krumrie was here when Edwards became a starter, now Krumrie is his coach in KC.

Edwards did everything just said here in Buffalo. He was just inconsistent or hurt. Tim Krumrie was here when Edwards became a starter, now Krumrie is his coach in KC.

I was hoping someone was going to get around to mentioning that...