The Bills need to make it happen

Chad loves to win, just like anybody. When Cincy had that great year that got killed by Carson's knee injury, Ocho was a model citizen. Why? Cause they were WINNING. If you win and throw seven or eight passes his way a game, the only "problem" you'll have is him celebrating in the endzone.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those here who just love to be comedians here and come up with the fancy one liners, care to offer any reasons why the Bills offense would not greatly benefit from adding a guy who can provide instant production, or should we just hold on to these coveted 2nd and 3rd round draft picks and hope for the best, watch another 7-9 season and complain next year again???

Because CJ is a locker room cancer. A "ME FIRST" player. A guy with million-dollar talent, a 10-cent brain, and 2-cents of heart. This guy doesn't make teams better, he destroys them from the inside. Don't you pay attention to what's happening in Cinci? What makes you think he's going to suddenly act different in Buffalo??? Ocho Cinco = mucho stinko.

PTR

Because CJ is a locker room cancer. A "ME FIRST" player. A guy with million-dollar talent, a 10-cent brain, and 2-cents of heart. This guy doesn't make teams better, he destroys them from the inside. Don't you pay attention to what's happening in Cinci? What makes you think he's going to suddenly act different in Buffalo??? Ocho Cinco = mucho stinko.

PTR

Yeah it's chad johnsons fault the bengals went out and drafted a bunch of criminals, and failed to do proper backround checks on players/and or took talent, over sound decision making. Meanwhile all Chad Johnson did, was go out and perform week in and week out, while being one of the best wr's in the nfl. What a douche. Must've been Chad Johnsons fault, while people like Chris Henry, Odell Thurman, AJ Nicholson, Frostee Rucker were all getting in trouble with the law. Chad Johnson is obviously the worst of the bunch, and the main reason for where the bengals are now. :beer:

Stop with the age stuff. The guy JUST turned 30 in January, and there have been a ton of WRs in this league, ie Harrison, Holt, Owens, etc. who have had some of their best years statistically at 30+ years of age. The contract may be the only problem I see with bringing Johnson in, not age or production.

Tell you what smart guy, call up Russ Brandon and say "Stop with the age stuff" because that's what the Bills have been doing for the past 2-3 years....focusing on youth.

PTR

I'm not saying we should get him, but he plays hard every game. He never gets in trouble off the field. He voices his frustration out in the media, which is the wrong way to go. But as far as I've heard, he's a good teammate who plays hard and makes plays. He feels he is getting a raw deal in Cincy and maybe he is. I think if he came to Buffalo the only thing we would have to deal with is his endzone celebrations, which I think the fans would love to watch anyway. On a team with a bunch of convicts he has been a model citizen off the field.

Care to explain because there is no statistical trend that shows this. :beer:

If you think it's mainly because of his attitude that's one thing. His actual on field production says he's an elite nfl wr, with no signs of a downward trend.

Oh... no statistical trend. Just a hunch based on watching him play. He doesn't seem nearly as confident on the field as he used to. Off the field he runs his mouth, but I think that's partly to cover up the fact that he knows he's in decline.

I just don't think he's the same guy anymore. Not a bad WR by any means, but will probably not be worth anywhere near the price someone will pay for him.

I realize I'm out on a limb here, but I'm okay with that.

I'm going to assume that you're kidding. But just in case you're not, YOU MUST BE KIDDING.

It's very simple. Chad Johnson is supremely detestable. He's a self-centered egomaniac to whom the Team concept is what other guys worry about. Chemistry is vital to a team. Throw in an Ocho Cinco and you never know what might happen from one week to the next to your team chemistry. I don't care if he was coming off a giant season of 20 TDs. You can't bring this guy into your team, especially a team like the Bills. It will inevitably end in regret, of one form or another.

I don't think the guy is funny - he's an annoying kid. And he's not even a top 10 WR. He might be one of the most overrated in the league

I know...Chad has a big mouth etc...but the guy is a legit #1 WR...imagine Chad, Evans, and Lynch and an offense that is now Fairchild free, and the Bills offense will become a Top 15 offensive unit.

Ocho Cinco brings some other things to the table:

1. Personality: If I am looking at this from a business standpoint, it gives my franchise some relevance, better talent, and a personality that can only help my franchise sell more tickets and jerseys. PR is big for business. No matter how much we hate ESPN for hyping other teams and ignoring Buffalo, that will not happen with Chad in the fold.

2. Production: No denying what he can do on the field, and the ripple effect will be great...makes Lee that much better, Parrish etc...opens things up for the running game because defenses will not be able to stack the box against Lynch.

3. Instant Impact: Sure, the Bills can draft a WR at 11. Generally, WR's do not produce right away, and Jauron and the Bills are at a point where a move needs to be made to get into the Top 6. If the Bills can trade a 2nd for Chad as an example, that #11th pick can be used on a guy like Derrick Harvey to improve the D-line. Win Win situation for the Bills.

Make it happen Brandon!!!

Chad Johnson is a good receiver but he wont' save this franchise.

CJ is a malcontent and a locker room cancer. He has huge maturity issues. He's been the league for years and has yet to grow up. I see 21 year old Draft picks with more maturity then him. Chad Johnson here would only be a distraction this team doesn't need. The media would be all over it. Chad Johnson is a huge media whore. He loves it.

Chad johnson has a top 5 QB in the league and is ruining his relationship with him. Chad Johnson wants to win so bad he points fingers. I have watched Chad Johnson not show up for big games and drop passes in key situations. Last year against the Bills is a good example. The Bengals are down need to score a touchdown. Carson throws a beatiful pass and hits CJ right in his hands. He had nobody near him for like 10 yards and daylight in front of him. he dropped the ball and the Bengals ended up losing the game. If he had completed that pass it would have been a different ball game.

Chad Johnson is a spoiled little brat and up until the last 2 years he would treated as such. Now that the organization has gotten sick of his antics and clamped down on him he is crying for a trade.

I personally think if chad Johnson would shut his mouth, not speak to the media, not take interviews, and spend the extra time he uses making HOF jackets on his ball skills he would be better.

There is a reason why Carson's goto guy is TJ Hushmanzood now. It's because Chad has burned alot of bridges on his team. If you saw the NFL access with TJ and if you saw how TJ cut off Chad when they called his mobile you would understand.

Tell you what smart guy, call up Russ Brandon and say "Stop with the age stuff" because that's what the Bills have been doing for the past 2-3 years....focusing on youth.

Lets see, Stroud's will be 30 in a couple months, Mitchell 29 in October, but because Chad Johnson just turned 30 in January, Russ Brandon will clearly want nothing to do with him. Is that your logic smart guy?

Lets see, Stroud's will be 30 in a couple months, Mitchell 29 in October, but because Chad Johnson just turned 30 in January, Russ Brandon will clearly want nothing to do with him. Is that your logic smart guy?

Works for me if it works for you.

Maybe your next post will suggest that Chad Johnson catch balls thrown by Drew Bledsoe.

I'll try. Do you honestly believe his talent and production will outweigh the potential problems he will most definitely bring with him? Have you listened to him the last couple of weeks and watched his antics over the last couple of years? I believe he is not worth the trouble and cost to bring him here.

Ill grant you Chad runs his mouth like no other but riddle me this:

is it Chad's fault the defense on that team is beyond putrid, or that Rudi Johnson had injury issues?

Clearly, BEAST MODE was PWNED

Chad Johnson is a good receiver but he wont' save this franchise.

CJ is a malcontent and a locker room cancer. He has huge maturity issues. He's been the league for years and has yet to grow up. I see 21 year old Draft picks with more maturity then him. Chad Johnson here would only be a distraction this team doesn't need. The media would be all over it. Chad Johnson is a huge media whore. He loves it.

Chad johnson has a top 5 QB in the league and is ruining his relationship with him. Chad Johnson wants to win so bad he points fingers. I have watched Chad Johnson not show up for big games and drop passes in key situations. Last year against the Bills is a good example. The Bengals are down need to score a touchdown. Carson throws a beatiful pass and hits CJ right in his hands. He had nobody near him for like 10 yards and daylight in front of him. he dropped the ball and the Bengals ended up losing the game. If he had completed that pass it would have been a different ball game.

Chad Johnson is a spoiled little brat and up until the last 2 years he would treated as such. Now that the organization has gotten sick of his antics and clamped down on him he is crying for a trade.

I personally think if chad Johnson would shut his mouth, not speak to the media, not take interviews, and spend the extra time he uses making HOF jackets on his ball skills he would be better.

There is a reason why Carson's goto guy is TJ Hushmanzood now. It's because Chad has burned alot of bridges on his team. If you saw the NFL access with TJ and if you saw how TJ cut off Chad when they called his mobile you would understand.

Like I said before he would make this team better but at what cost?

I know...Chad has a big mouth etc...but the guy is a legit #1 WR...imagine Chad, Evans, and Lynch and an offense that is now Fairchild free, and the Bills offense will become a Top 15 offensive unit.

Ocho Cinco brings some other things to the table:

1. Personality: If I am looking at this from a business standpoint, it gives my franchise some relevance, better talent, and a personality that can only help my franchise sell more tickets and jerseys. PR is big for business. No matter how much we hate ESPN for hyping other teams and ignoring Buffalo, that will not happen with Chad in the fold.

2. Production: No denying what he can do on the field, and the ripple effect will be great...makes Lee that much better, Parrish etc...opens things up for the running game because defenses will not be able to stack the box against Lynch.

3. Instant Impact: Sure, the Bills can draft a WR at 11. Generally, WR's do not produce right away, and Jauron and the Bills are at a point where a move needs to be made to get into the Top 6. If the Bills can trade a 2nd for Chad as an example, that #11th pick can be used on a guy like Derrick Harvey to improve the D-line. Win Win situation for the Bills.

Make it happen Brandon!!!

I do not think this post is outlandish like some of you suggest. I concede to his immaturity, recent britney spears behavior and being selfish for more money. However, being 30 is only detriment to RB's (if you knew football), his #'s do not lie, he is still one of the best WR's in the AFC. I do not (nor does any football anaylst or his teamates) question his work ethic and productivity on game day or practices. He was not implicated in any complicties nor has he bitched before this abrupt quarrel w/ his team and coach (at least not notably).

Its absurd to think he could not lift our offense up substanially. I do feel character is an issue that warrants attention but 'JP's Landscaper' arose a vaild point in desperate times (no playoff spot in the 21st century,QB controversy since Kelly, being in the same division as the Patriots and on the verge of losing the franchise to Candians) seeks deperate measures. Not saying lets do anything to get him but perhaps a 2nd or 3rd rd pk (then get a top defensive rookie w/ our 1st) could help this team get a playoff spot. Its at least worth contemplating which some of you refuse to do and seem content being one of 3 teams that have not made the playoffs in the 21st century or concede to the notion that this franchise needs help.

Chad Johnson is a perfect example of what Levy said- "Adversity exposes character."

Things went bad, and look what he has turned into. As I said before, he is a lesser version of Lee Evans who played on a team with much more talent than the Bills. He has had TJ Houshmanzadah and Chris Henry, as well as a solid QB who is usually kept upright.

Saying you want to be traded, but who is he to say he won't show up- maybe his invented Hall of Fame jacket has gone to his head- he is no hall of famer at all, not on his best day.

I want him here just like I want Albert Haynesworth or Adam Jones

It would be great to go get this guy, it could save this franchise. New announcement in LA for an NFL team, and Toronto already having a lock on the Bills. This is a time for desperate measures. The best way to keep this team in this town is to compete against Jerry Jones money. Jones is a football idiot, just like Snyder. Beat them at their own game and help keep Buffalo an NFL town. The answer is to win and this is a gift made just for the Bills.

Dude its time for decaf!