mcshay's pick

11. Buffalo Bills -- Devin Thomas, WR, Michigan State

Record: 7-9 | Needs: WR, TE, CB, DE, FS

Scenario 1: Wide receiver is the top need, and the word on the street is the Bills will reach for Thomas if they can't make a deal to trade back a few spots.

Scenario 2: Cornerback is a possibility, and McKelvin and Jenkins seem like the best fits if the Bills go that route.

Scenario 3: While it doesn't seem like a pressing need, don't be surprised if the Bills end up pulling the trigger on Harvey. With Anthony Hargrove suspended for the 2008 season and Al Wallace expected to depart through free agency, Buffalo needs help at end.

I've said it many times before; I will be absolutely sick to my stomach if we draft Devin Thomas at 11; I mean I will get physically sick. I'm not sure how many of you out there actually watched this guy play last year, but I did. Hands like frying pans. He also isn't nearly as physical as some of these scouting reports would lead you to believe. He, more than any other player, makes me wonder how many of these "scouts" actually study game film. Seriously, drafting Devin Thomas with 11 will be a disaster.

It may be a different story if we move back, but we can get guys in later rounds every bit as valuable as this kid.

I've said it many times before; I will be absolutely sick to my stomach if we draft Devin Thomas at 11; I mean I will get physically sick. I'm not sure how many of you out there actually watched this guy play last year, but I did. Hands like frying pans. He also isn't nearly as physical as some of these scouting reports would lead you to believe. He, more than any other player, makes me wonder how many of these "scouts" actually study game film. Seriously, drafting Devin Thomas with 11 will be a disaster.

It may be a different story if we move back, but we can get guys in later rounds every bit as valuable as this kid.

I don't get the sense we're drafting him at 11. Modrak's comments on him seemed more like damning with feint praise. Didn't praise his hands, said he has great TIMED speed, and seemed to attribute a lot of his production to bubble-screen type plays

McShay is a f-ing hack. All he does is spend his time fake tanning in Bristol and regurgatating everyone's Mock Draft.

A couple weeks ago his Bills source told him we love Kelly and he was a lock at 11.

I still love how he hated the Marshwan pick last year. How's that position working out for you Todd?

Everyone knows that McShay gets a hard-on whenever he talks about Devin Thomas.

That said...there's no way we take the "one year wonder" at #11. It's not happening. Not even our front office is that stupid. You don't have to worry about getting sick because it's not going to happen.

McShay is a f-ing hack. All he does is spend his time fake tanning in Bristol and regurgatating everyone's Mock Draft.

A couple weeks ago his Bills source told him we love Kelly and he was a lock at 11.

I still love how he hated the Marshwan pick last year. How's that position working out for you Todd?

Absolutely.

BTW, what are/is McShay's credential(s)? Analysts like Kiper and Mayock I understand, as they've been around the league for years. Gil Brandt is about as knowledgeable as they come. McShay, IMO, is another ESPN creation we're instantly supposed to cite as an "expert." Scouts Inc. is nothing more than an internet thing, and if Jeremy Green's associated with it, the believability factor in about zero.

These characters make their predictions and fill air-time or internet sites as a result. Nothing more.

It'd be nice to do a comprehensive study to see who's the most accurate over the past 3 years on not only predicting picks, but also who actually pans out of the players they hype. Sadly, no one's out there talking up their swings and subsequent misses.

I don't know why no one is talking about us drafting Limas Sweed. Mark my words, he will be the best receiver to come out of the group. He has pretty decent timed speed for his size, a history of production that goes beyond just 1 year, great intangibles and he will be a huge red zone target with his wingspan.

I don't know why no one is talking about us drafting Limas Sweed. Mark my words, he will be the best receiver to come out of the group. He has pretty decent timed speed for his size, a history of production that goes beyond just 1 year, great intangibles and he will be a huge red zone target with his wingspan.

What is the big knock on him anyhow? I have not been pushing for him but I've seen some hi-lite clips & he looks great. Lots of draft gurus have us taking anyone but. What gives?

He's a total hack, a shlub for the new generatrion spn'rs, to fight off the evil kiper. :-@

What is the big knock on him anyhow? I have not been pushing for him but I've seen some hi-lite clips & he looks great. Lots of draft gurus have us taking anyone but. What gives?

I've read several reviews of him fwiw - Sweed's big knock is that he's more athlete than football player, raw with his routes, makes spectacular catches but drops easy ones and a potential boom or bust pick.

I still think Kelly will be the best of the bigs coming out - and with the speed fiasco from last week, a solid choice if available in the 2nd. Kelly was described as having the best hands of this current crop (1 dropped pass over the last 2 years + he catches the majority of his passes over the middle) and he's been called the best blocking receiver EVER (according to WarRoom scouts.) I just think he's a perfect fit for the type of receiver the Bills need.

It really will be interesting to revisit these wideouts in 5 years.