• Limas Sweed WR
    • Jeff Otah OT
    • Philip Merling DE
    • Calais Campbell DE
    • Mike Jenkins CB
    • Aqib Talib CB
    • Malcolm Kelly WR
    • Attempt Trade Down First

I'd try and trade down first..unless the right corner is there at 11. Personally i'd like a DRC at 11. But i'm for getting some extra picks and getting the reciever that will probably still be there later in the first round.

I've already traded down with the Vikes for an extra pick in RD3, #73.

DR-C was picked at #16.

Pittsburgh should consider moving up to #17 where I am and having a choice of CB's. Same with Washington with DE, or San Diego with RB. I've sent feelers out.

Back to the subject at hand, our pick in Round 1.

I have not received any offers to trade down further, and will select Limas Sweed WR with our RD#1 pick.

We have one RD#2 and two #3 picks supposedly all tomorrow.

My Plan remains intact on my sig line below.

Astro

I came in WAY late...But that's what I was wondering...

I like Sweed, but I like Thomas more... :wallbash:

Thomas went at #15.

And yes, I realize that if I hadn't traded down with the Vikes, I would have been able to take Thomas at #11.

And I think Modrak's thinking the same thing.

But I got an extra 3rd Rounder. :P

Astro,

With the McNair retirement, what do you think the chances are if everything falls into place that we could trade JP and #11 to Bal for their #8 to take Ellis? It seems like it could work out if Ryan is off the board at 8, the Ravens like a CB(s) that are still available and they are willing to take a chance. That values JP at a low 3rd rounder according to the older value charts and gives Bal a young QB with starting experience.

Astro,

With the McNair retirement, what do you think the chances are if everything falls into place that we could trade JP and #11 to Bal for their #8 to take Ellis? It seems like it could work out if Ryan is off the board at 8, the Ravens like a CB(s) that are still available and they are willing to take a chance. That values JP at a low 3rd rounder according to the older value charts and gives Bal a young QB with starting experience.

Interesting idea. Given the choice between Rattay, Losman, and the older QB leftovers, I'd take Losman.

Now, let's see where that leaves us (and what the Bills said yesterday about keeping Losman).

We now have Baltimore's problem (young QB, no experienced backup), and they have ours (Losman).

Interesting idea. Given the choice between Rattay, Losman, and the older QB leftovers, I'd take Losman.

Now, let's see where that leaves us (and what the Bills said yesterday about keeping Losman).

We now have Baltimore's problem (young QB, no experienced backup), and they have ours (Losman).

I really like the idea of getting Ellis though because no other option really fits in the first round. Sure it'd be nice to trade down, but what are the chances that it will happen.

I guess I wouldn't mind taking my chances on what qb's get dumped between the draft and the beginning of the season if it meant I could get Ellis in the first instead of a cb/wr/de. I think he will make a big difference in the pass rush this year, and we can still help the offense with our 2nd and 3rd round picks.