I'm looking at the schedule, and honestly...

then you should know all the other circumstances that ruined him in chicago.

last season, he coached a team of 3rd stringers and practice squaders to 7-9, and still in the playoff hunt up to week 14.

the worst part of the coaching staff has been replaced.

Go Bills! You Gotta Billieve!

It would be nice to believe that Fairchild did a bad job and also did not carry out Jauron's wishes on how to call the offense. We have no evidence of that. It's equally possible that they didn't see eye to eye on how to run the offense, but that Jauron was the one holding back Fairchild. Now he's been replaced by a rookie OC. This is a big question going into this season.

Seriously.

I see ten game on the schedule who are patsies and we should have no problem beating them.

Right now I'm saying these ten games are almost guaranteed wins for us. Here are the ten teams who we can "for sure" beat:

Oakland, St. Louis, Arizona, Miami, New York B, Kansas City, San Fransico, Miami, New York B, and Denver.

Tell me I'm wrong!

I'm so jacked up for this season, I say it every year, but I think we're gonna be great!

This schedule is great.

Mind you, these are the ten games we'll definately win, I think we can beat Seattle too, but it'll be tough.

Cleveland's goin down.

Jacksonville will be close.

I think we can take one of the two from New England.

San Diego will be tough.

I'm predicting 11 and 5 and a playoff berth.

OK, you're wrong. How many wins last year were won "super easily?"

We barely squeaked by some of the league's worst teams on multiple occasions. Assumptions that we beat 10 or 11 teams all comparable or perhaps slightly worse, with some slightly better, is a poor assumption. Sorry, it just is.

We start off 0-2 because games against NE are unwinnable even if Brady doesn't suit up.

Seattle, Jacksonville, and San Diego are simply much better teams than we are and for every one of them that we beat on the merits of fortune, we will likely drop one to another team not so good in the same vein.

Cleveland is even a better team that we are if their offense plays like they did last year.

The Rams on the road, will we have answers for their offense if it picks up again? There's some talent there that we haven't proven we can stop.

Ditto for the Cards.

If we lose to Seattle and Jacksonville, and then presumably to San Diego, unless we win the other three games to start the season, we will have to win just about all of our back 8 games after the two NE games just to make the playoffs.

We also don't know how many of those crappy teams will be much improved this year either. We certainly haven't made greater strides towards improvement than most of them, including both the Jets and Miami who we took four games from last season. If we don't sweep them again entirely, then I doubt that we will even post a winning season much less make the playoffs.

Optimism is good, but it needs to be tempered with a dose of reality.

Denver and St.Louis are iffy, arizona depending who is at QB is semi-iffy, I see 7 cake walks, 4 50/50's (3 I already mentioned plus seattle) and 6 losses, maybe a 9-7 team this year

Wipe those spots off of your eyes and you might be able to see better. This team can't help but be better after the string of bad luck on the injury front last year. Add in the bolstering of the DL and you are looking at a team that is likely to dominate games. If the draft is used to pick up some more beef, like a tight end, maybe a fullback and a good rotational lineman, you will see some domination on the ofensive side as well. People don't realize how much linemen improve what the skill positions are able to do. A power running game and some surpise passes is what you will likely see a lot of. Minimum 10 wins.

It would be nice to believe that Fairchild did a bad job and also did not carry out Jauron's wishes on how to call the offense. We have no evidence of that. It's equally possible that they didn't see eye to eye on how to run the offense, but that Jauron was the one holding back Fairchild. Now he's been replaced by a rookie OC. This is a big question going into this season.

I thought Schonert was an OC for the Bills when Wade was here, or was an OC for another team at some point?

Hey!

Can I not be optimistic about this new year, huh?

Do the math people, we had too many injuries too count, the single hardest schedule, a rookie QB, a rookie RB, and yet we manged to go 7 and 9.

I know we haven't ad the draft yet, but I'm looking at our team and already I like what I see.

1. Stroud's addition is gonna have multiple affects on our team; the rising McCargo will be instantly better, it will give our LBs more room and time to get to the ball, the collapsing pocket will free up our ends to get sacks, and give our corners a break because of increased QB pressure.

2. Puz is healthy. This guy was a tackling machine on the verge of stardom. He was leading the league in tackles before he went down.

3. Whitner will take his game to the next level.

4. So will Crowell.

5. Ko Simpson will emerge.

6. Now that Trent is officially the starter, he'll have a whole offseason and all of training camp to get comfortable with our offense and our o-coordinator.

7. Our o-line is gonna be better, and it wass already good last year.

8. Marshawn will put up even more rushing yards running behind a FB.

9. And be even more of a threat because he will catch more passes out of the backfield.

10. We will bring on board both a WR and TE through the draft, both of whom should make a meaningful contribution right away.

11. In a contract year, I expect Lee to go berserk and tear up defences, all the while building a strong repore with Trent.

Call me ignornant, or a hopeless optimistic if you must.

But, I choose to view our team through rose-coloured glasses forever baby!

We will be at least 10 and 6. But I predict 11 and 5 still.

Seriously.

I see ten game on the schedule who are patsies and we should have no problem beating them.

Right now I'm saying these ten games are almost guaranteed wins for us. Here are the ten teams who we can "for sure" beat:

Oakland, St. Louis, Arizona, Miami, New York B, Kansas City, San Fransico, Miami, New York B, and Denver.

Tell me I'm wrong!

I'm so jacked up for this season, I say it every year, but I think we're gonna be great!

This schedule is great.

Mind you, these are the ten games we'll definately win, I think we can beat Seattle too, but it'll be tough.

Cleveland's goin down.

Jacksonville will be close.

I think we can take one of the two from New England.

San Diego will be tough.

I'm predicting 11 and 5 and a playoff berth.

it is a facvorable schedule and our best chance in years ot make the playoffs.

BUT THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS EASY WINS....

Every one of the teams that you have marked as easy wins - Also have the Bills marked down as a easy win

Exactly. It's funny how when our team squeaks out a win, its because we deserved it and we were the better team, but when they lose a close game, its a game we should have won. For example if we say that denver and dallas were games we should've won last year, then I'm sure Miami (1st game), Jets (1st game), Certainly the redskins, and Baltimore think they should've won against us. I'm cautiously optomistic about this season, I really do think that this is our best chance to make the playoffs in years. However, we're definitely not at the point where we can just chalk up anyone as an easy win.

I'm not going to call any game an "easy" win before any season. There do seem to be a good amount of games that if the Bills have a good draft should be able to win on paper. That being said, I still think 10-6 or even 11-5 is not out of the question. The last few years I would predict around a .500 record, give or take a game. IMO it is more likely that they finish 10-6 or 11-5 this year rather than an 8-8, 7-9, 6-10 type year. For me at least, its starting to feel like anything other than a playoff berth is a pretty major dissapointment this year.

And Keepthefaith, why continue to waste your time posting on boards like this if your true faith level is basically the polar opposite of what your name stands for? I never understood this, and I'm not singling you out as the only one who does it. There is at least a handful of people on this board that insist on being negative about the Bills, almost irregardless of the topic. What is the point of spewing that type of negativity? Just to be proved right more years than not at the end of the season? It seems pretty pointless to me. The off-season in any sport is always about NEW HOPE, and if you don't have any before this season, after our very good group of young players on both sides of the ball have had more time to develop, key guys are coming back from missed time last year, a couple big time defensive players should have an immediate impact, and we hold a ton of picks in the draft in a couple weeks, I don't know when you will ever have any hope.