Owen Schmitt

I am just curious as to how many fans think the Bills should draft Owen Schmitt? I think they should, and I think they should take him in the 3rd round. Many think this is early but if Buffalo doesn't someone else will. Now I realize this will take a possible scouted 3rd round pic but my draft scenario has Buffalo trading down their 1st and gaining another 2nd which will replace that pic.

I am just curious as to how many fans think the Bills should draft Owen Schmitt? I think they should, and I think they should take him in the 3rd round. Many think this is early but if Buffalo doesn't someone else will. Now I realize this will take a possible scouted 3rd round pic but my draft scenario has Buffalo trading down their 1st and gaining another 2nd which will replace that pic.

I would love to see the Bills take Schmitt, but I don't think they will have to do that in the third round. He is more likely a Fourth and we pick fairly early. Also, if they don't get Schmitt in the Fourth, Peyton Hillis will still be available, and he is a better all around FB than Schmitt. Schmitt, however, is that true bruising blocker the Bills are looking for at the position and I would be truly surprised if they didn't pick him.

I think with the third round pick one of two things will happen before the Bills would possibly draft Schmitt at that position.

First, if the Bills do NOT trade out of the #11, they will use their Third on a CB.

Second, if the Bills DO trade out of the #11 and gain a #2, they will take a TE and a CB in the second and take Mike Pollack C with their third rounder. If Pollack is gone, maybe then the Bills take Schmitt in the third.

I do think the Bills will take him with their first pick in the Fourth Round. Most of the mock drafts I have looked at seem to be of the same thinking. Either way, I would love to see him or Hillis in a Bills Uni this Fall.

I probably wouldn't take him till the supp. 4th or the 5th. Honestly I will be surprised if we draft him just because I think our decision makers think you can get decent fullbacks off the street at any time. That said I think it would be exciting to have a guy like him on the team and he'd add a real aggressive dynamic to the offense that's been missing (with the big exception of Lynch).

IMHO. There is absolutely no way you take a player like Schmitt in the third round. Thay would be a huge reach.

Every year certain players become "favorites" here on TBD,and this year Schmitt is one of them.

Many people here have him going in the 4rth round to the Bills. That's too early also.

5th round at the earliest. At the earliest!!

IMHO. There is absolutely no way you take a player like Schmitt in the third round. Thay would be a huge reach.

Every year certain players become "favorites" here on TBD,and this year Schmitt is one of them.

Many people here have him going in the 4rth round to the Bills. That's too early also.

5th round at the earliest. At the earliest!!

Totally. It's freakin' irritating how many Schmitt fan boys are on this board. I wouldn't have a problem if it was because they followed him and really liked him. But the truth is, they've seen his YouTube video smashing his helmet and they immediately think "this is a Buffalo guy... blah blah." Anyone that thinks we should draft a FB in the fourth or, as crazy as it sounds, the third, is severely over-emphasising the importance of a FB on the Bills and throughout the entire league.

i think it depends on how much the new offense is really going to use a FB, and what the front office thinks of him.

everyone says "oh he's a 4th rounder" but i havent seen any numbers on him. and with fullbacks, youre not going to go on 40 times and vertical.

if the Bills are serious about using a FB, Id like to see him picked. from what i know of him, Ill say with the first 4th. But the Bills might know something I dont.

let me ask you guys a question..is a FB really needed?....Parrish made most of the Bills best plays last year. he needs to be on the field more often..obviously hes WR #3 if Buffalo is looking for WR #2 in the draft...can the Bills actually get 3 WR's and a TE with a FB on the field?...if Buffalo takes a FB I hope its a more diverse FB...Schmitt is an excellent blocker but not much of a pass catcher according to most draft experts...Hillis might be more of what Buffalo should look for I think...I know I have Schmitt in my sig, and id have to say most likely hes there only because hes the board favorite...If Im wrong(has happened) and he can catch than go Schmitt.

i think our 2nd 4th rounder is fine for him.

i'm not a pro fullback guy, but a boomer like him should be able to add that extra level of physicality to our running game.

since our D is deeper and much more likely to get teams off the pitch earlier, sicking our big line and FB at guys early and often

could result in very strong 4th quarter smash mouth stuff.

the quick efficient passing game, a pressure d, and power running (not to mention our great special teams) can make us getting a punt downed at the 25 into at least a good time eating drive, good deep punt, and hard downs for the other team in their own end. a couple of those in the 3rd and like pitts used to we can really grind out a win.

i think that's how we are building our team.

While he is definitely a good player I wouldn't draft him in the third. I'd rather have Jacob Hester in the 5th or 6th than schmidt in the 3rd.

Hester reminds me of the Moose Johnson type. Nothing fancy gets you 2 yards when you need it and definately wont win any races. Can catch the ball and played against the strongest conference in college football.

I wouldnt mind taking a shot at him in the 4th.

Hester reminds me of the Moose Johnson type. Nothing fancy gets you 2 yards when you need it and definately wont win any races. Can catch the ball and played against the strongest conference in college football.

I wouldnt mind taking a shot at him in the 4th.

Agreed he is just one tough SOB and is used to coming in getting the critical yards in a tough conference.