The disenfranchisement of a fan.....

:lol:

Yeah, let's pretend that "student" athletics is even important to all but a handful of Division I football schools (ND, BC, Service Academies, Stanford, Northwestern, Ivy League). Look at the grad rates for the football factories and tell me just how important education really is.

The NCAA is all about money and there isn't a single decision that I can think of in the last 20 years that is an exception to that.

What a kid does with his or her scholarship is up to them. If they choose to waste it, it's not the universities fault. I have a niece and a nephew who both got athletic scholarships and graduated on time. I have several friends who did the same. To get a free education in exchange for playing a sport is a great opportunity,and I don't think the colleges owe the kids anything more than that. If the colleges make money off of the athletic programs good for them.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me a pessimist but its pretty easy to put the pieces together to this tragic story...

The writing is on the wall: the Bills are as good as gone folks.

Let' see:

1) Past ten years of under-achieving.

2) Bills hire a familiar face for PR reasons: Marv.

3) Marv departs 2 years later. Was it public that it was just a two year stint? (Honestly don't know.)

4) Ralph throws Buffalo under the bus two months ago in Toronto.. gives zero reassurance to Bills fans.

5) Bills front office rebuffs any talk about lease; extension and needs - per County Executive

6) Long-time Bills rival - Miami - chosen to play in Toronto - how is this not on purpose? Bills claim they had nothing to do with it.

Personally, I'd rather them just jet now for Toronto and let the pain begin.

It's a disgrace and I simply no longer have any respect for Ralph Wilson.

I hate you. Please turn in all of your Bills gear and retire from being a fan. If you can no longer get excited about the upcoming season/seasons, do us all a favor and find a new team now. Thank you!

I hate you. Please turn in all of your Bills gear and retire from being a fan. If you can no longer get excited about the upcoming season/seasons, do us all a favor and find a new team now. Thank you!

:P How succinct and eloquent!