Don't go chasin WR's

Well, the rubber must meet the road. Whoever "Mystery WR #2" happens to be, the guy must show the ability to be a threat, not on paper, but on Sundays. There isn't a DC in the NFL that is going to game plan around a guy because of little more than his draft position and 40 times. He doesn't have to score once a game, but he has to consistently get open, beat the zone and man-to-man coverages, catch the ball, and not make rookie mistakes that cancel out all the previous.

right, agreed completely. my point is more that, his numbers dont need to be rookie-of-the-year level. there are other unmeasured aspects that add enough value to warrant a pick.

Wide receiver is probably one of the Bills biggest needs. That being said I don't think they should reach for one in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd round. If there is one sitting at there draft spot that has value for that slot, then take him. If there isn't don't press the matter. After the draft there is always the 2nd line of free agency or trade. I don't think there is a WR worth taking with the 11th pick. If Kelly, Thomas, Sweed, Jackson or Manningham are gone in round 2 I would'nt take anyone else either. Hardy is a punk and I wouldn't draft him round 7.

I would not be surprised to see us make a trade for a really good vet wr..They cant go in to the year with the Wr corp they have and a wr rookie rarely steps in and plays really well...I woulodnt be surprised to see Kelsay or denney get the move...

I would not be surprised to see us make a trade for a really good vet wr..They cant go in to the year with the Wr corp they have and a wr rookie rarely steps in and plays really well...I woulodnt be surprised to see Kelsay or denney get the move...

if your expecting to get a good wideout in a Trade don't expect either of these two to be involved. We had over 40 sacks two years ago when our entire defense was healthy. Before Poz and Mitchell and Stoud got here. i think our High motor DE's are going to look like all pros this year with all the extra help

I want to make one reference to all the people saying that it makes sense for the Bills to reach for a position of greatest need as opposed to selecting the best player in a position of need. The Bills did the same thing with Eric Flowers. It was a big mistake. The Bills have to get a couple of starters, hopefully three or four out this draft as well as building up their depth for special teams.

If the Bills could find someone who will be at least as good as Lee Evans, then I think they should definitely select a wide receiver. If they can get a defensive end who is at least as good as Aaron Schobel, then they should pick up a defensive end. I am not excited about any of the cornerbacks, since I think they will only last until their rookie contract expires.

I understand the frustration of a lot Bills fans, that the Bills have a used second round picks on wide receivers and defensive ends, which haven't had a big impact.

In my opinion, the Bills should either trade down so they have more chances to find an impact players or they should draft a player who have the biggest impact for the Bills irregardless of position.

I want to make one reference to all the people saying that it makes sense for the Bills to reach for a position of greatest need as opposed to selecting the best player in a position of need. The Bills did the same thing with Eric Flowers. It was a big mistake. The Bills have to get a couple of starters, hopefully three or four out this draft as well as building up their depth for special teams.

You're point is correct, but Flowers may not be the best example. Many thought he should have been a borderline 2nd/3rd round guy, not just 10-15 spots as would appear to be the case here. They did the same thing in round 2, taking Travares Tillman when most believed he'd go on the middle of day 2.

Of course, that 2000 draft was hideous for everyone, not just the Bills. There were a few good players at the top and a handful the rest of the way, but overall, it was probably one of the worst overall draft classes of all time.

If the Bills could find someone who will be at least as good as Lee Evans, then I think they should definitely select a wide receiver. If they can get a defensive end who is at least as good as Aaron Schobel, then they should pick up a defensive end. I am not excited about any of the cornerbacks, since I think they will only last until their rookie contract expires.

I understand the frustration of a lot Bills fans, that the Bills have a used second round picks on wide receivers and defensive ends, which haven't had a big impact.

In my opinion, the Bills should either trade down so they have more chances to find an impact players or they should draft a player who have the biggest impact for the Bills irregardless of position.

Flowers wasn't a reach. A lot of teams would have taken him there. His problem was he was a draft board shooting star. People became enamored of his combine numbers vs. his college production and that's the mistake that was made with Flowers IMO.

Either way one player doesn't prove anything. You can't take one player and extrapolate a trend from it.