Limas Sweed

This was copied from a UT fan website in which the author's friend is an NFC scout.

________________________________________________________________________________

I caught up with a long-time NFL scouting friend of mine on Thursday and asked him for his thoughts on the Texas draft prospects as his team prepares to spend the next week finalizing their draft board.

For those wondering, this scout works for an NFC squad that has played in the Super Bowl this decade.

Limas Sweed - “He’s done a much better job in preparing himself for the draft than any receiver that I’ve seen. Even with his injury, he’s done everything that teams have asked him to do. He’s also one of the best interviews we’ve seen among the players that will go in the first round. He’s presented himself as a young man that is going to be a true professional. We actually feel as good about him being a very good pro as just about anyone (Texas) has put out in the last couple of years, and that’s not to take anything away from those players. I’m very impressed with Limas.”

Late

Yes i was just thinking about Limas Sweed today i mean everyone is talking about Kelly and Thomas(i have been one to talk up this kid too) but does anyone think we are considering drafting Limas Sweed honestly if he can get healthy and produce like he did he Junior year in college then i think he will be a really good pro....but some people say he doesnt show up in big games...is this true? :pirate:

we will see what happens come draft day, and personally i cant wait

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stroud for Pro Bowl 2008

Yes i was just thinking about Limas Sweed today i mean everyone is talking about Kelly and Thomas(i have been one to talk up this kid too) but does anyone think we are considering drafting Limas Sweed honestly if he can get healthy and produce like he did he Junior year in college then i think he will be a really good pro....but some people say he doesnt show up in big games...is this true? :pirate:

Stroud for Pro Bowl 2008

This guy reminds of the Lee Evans pick a few years ago. Work ethic, character, coming off of an injury during his junior year(knee) instead of his senior year and quality talent. I think he is our guy!

Late

Stroud for Pro Bowl 2008

You are really good at writing run-on sentences. Punctuation is your friend.

Yes, I think Sweed will be a good pro. yes, I hope he's a Bill.

This was copied from a UT fan website in which the author's friend is an NFC scout.

________________________________________________________________________________

I caught up with a long-time NFL scouting friend of mine on Thursday and asked him for his thoughts on the Texas draft prospects as his team prepares to spend the next week finalizing their draft board.

For those wondering, this scout works for an NFC squad that has played in the Super Bowl this decade.

Limas Sweed - “He’s done a much better job in preparing himself for the draft than any receiver that I’ve seen. Even with his injury, he’s done everything that teams have asked him to do. He’s also one of the best interviews we’ve seen among the players that will go in the first round. He’s presented himself as a young man that is going to be a true professional. We actually feel as good about him being a very good pro as just about anyone (Texas) has put out in the last couple of years, and that’s not to take anything away from those players. I’m very impressed with Limas.”

Late

His bum wrist is the left, so this guy didn't notice any problem with his hand shake. :pirate:

That didn't tell me crap. He sounds like a good young man which is important but what about him physically and how does this scout think of him at the pro level?

He's already been cleared to be 100% recovered from the wrist as evidenced in his pro day performance. As for his projection....do you really think the guy will give up the goods?

Late

I've been telling people stuff like that for months!! There is no off position on the genius switch!! :D

This guy reminds of the Lee Evans pick a few years ago. Work ethic, character, coming off of an injury during his junior year(knee) instead of his senior year and quality talent. I think he is our guy!

Late

You da man!! :P

All the more reason to pick him at 11.

Makes for good television as Kiper and Morty make :pirate: a-holes of themselves. :lol:

He's already been cleared to be 100% recovered from the wrist as evidenced in his pro day performance. As for his projection....do you really think the guy will give up the goods?

:lol: I've dated women who've done that but what does that have to do with anything in this thread??!!

That didn't tell me crap. He sounds like a good young man which is important but what about him physically and how does this scout think of him at the pro level?

We actually feel as good about him being a very good pro as just about anyone (Texas) has put out in the last couple of years, and that’s not to take anything away from those players. I’m very impressed with Limas.

;)

I'm hearing a lot of buzz he's not going to be selected in the first round. I like him a lot, but I think the rest of the league might see a good but unspectacular player.

Didya read what the NFL SCOUT said at the top of this post?? :lol:

“He’s done a much better job in preparing himself for the draft than any receiver that I’ve seen. Even with his injury, he’s done everything that teams have asked him to do. He’s also one of the best interviews we’ve seen among the players that will go in the first round. He’s presented himself as a young man that is going to be a true professional. We actually feel as good about him being a very good pro as just about anyone (Texas) has put out in the last couple of years, and that’s not to take anything away from those players. I’m very impressed with Limas.”

So to paraphrase...."He's a fine young man."

Makes me think of the 'old line"...yeah, but she's got a great personality!"