Cason at 11?

http://www.newerascouting.com/home/278-ins...ion-2/#more-278

"- Team’s looking for a cornerback who can start early in his rookie season are finding the tape on Antoine Cason very telling. Cason is criticized for not having great speed, but was productive throughout his career. He’s an aggressive man-corner in the Charles Woodson mold. Don’t be shocked if a cover 2 team, specifically Buffalo, pulls the trigger on Cason earlier than expected."

I'm not sure about pick 11, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they pull another one of their trade ups to get him near the end of R1. They've got 10 picks and I'm not sure some of those 4th-7ths will actually make the team this time around. Might as well trade up.

I'm not sure about pick 11, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they pull another one of their trade ups to get him near the end of R1. They've got 10 picks and I'm not sure some of those 4th-7ths will actually make the team this time around. Might as well trade up.

I'd be reluctant to trade up honestly. We don't have a lot of depth on this team in a number of positions. Trade down or stay put is our best option me thinks

http://www.newerascouting.com/home/278-ins...ion-2/#more-278

"- Team’s looking for a cornerback who can start early in his rookie season are finding the tape on Antoine Cason very telling. Cason is criticized for not having great speed, but was productive throughout his career. He’s an aggressive man-corner in the Charles Woodson mold. Don’t be shocked if a cover 2 team, specifically Buffalo, pulls the trigger on Cason earlier than expected."

Cason would be a great pick in the second round or we might have to move up a bit to get him.(in the 2nd or late first)

Taking him at 11, is just too early.

I've seen Cason going in the late 1st round in a few of the mock drafts. Most sites and draft magazines however have him ranked as a 2-3 round pick so I definitely don't see the Bills taking him at #11. By the way I found this from profootball weekly and found it to be pretty interesting. Don't know if it was already posted.

Value Chart

I've seen Cason going in the late 1st round in a few of the mock drafts. Most sites and draft magazines however have him ranked as a 2-3 round pick so I definitely don't see the Bills taking him at #11. By the way I found this from profootball weekly and found it to be pretty interesting. Don't know if it was already posted.

Value Chart

Thanks for posting this. I didn't realize they had it up yet.

They usually update it right up until draft day.

Yeah, I'm sure we can trade our 4th-7th round picks for someone's late first.

Yeah, I'm sure we can trade our 4th-7th round picks for someone's late first.

It cost them pick 72 to move up from 42 to 26 to get McCargo. Toss in a 4th plus a 5th or 6th and I think someone might bite on that this year.

Stuff like this scares me. I know there isn't much too it. No one truely knows what the Bills will do. But just tossing ideas like this concern me that I'll be pissed around 4:50 on April 26th.

Goodness I hope it is not that late!

I wouldn't mind Cason in the second round. No way we take him at #11. We're in a tough spot to draft players where we have holes. Here's the way I see it:

Round 1 - 11th overall - Too early for a WR or TE. Best pick might be OL/DL/CB.

Round 2 - 41st overall - This is the area to grab a WR or CB but top talent at those positions will be gone. Too early for a TE.

Round 3 - 72nd overall - Good time for a WR but you're picking at leftovers. Still might be early for a TE, but if a good one is here we should grab him.

I'm so lost right now with which direction I want the team to go. I can't wait for the draft.

He’s an aggressive man-corner in the Charles Woodson mold. Don’t be shocked if a cover 2 team, specifically Buffalo, pulls the trigger on Cason earlier than expected."

This tells me that the writer has absolutely no idea of how the Cover-2 works. Cover-2 CBs don't have to be good at man-to-man, since their primary responsibility is short zone coverage and run support.