A new Rochester?

kegtapr

Wow...reading the comments on the bottom... us Buffalonians do have a lot in common with folks from Rochester

Yeah, quite pathetic actually. A major project by a private corporation that is investing in downtown and all people can do is complain. Paetec and ESL both building new corporate headquarters downtown can be nothing but good for the city, even if it takes a little government money to make it happen.

Some people are only happy if they're miserable.

Yeah, quite pathetic actually. A major project by a private corporation that is investing in downtown and all people can do is complain. Paetec and ESL both building new corporate headquarters downtown can be nothing but good for the city, even if it takes a little government money to make it happen.

Some people are only happy if they're miserable.

Actually, PaeTec is a public corporation - has been since they merged with US LEC in 2007 - but I don't doubt at all Chesonis' ability to complete the project. I've met Arunas several times, going back to the late '90's and his first telecomm venture, ACC Telecomm - very sharp guy who used the same model as he did at ACC to build a highly successful CLEC, ride out the 'dot-bomb' that saw hundreds of CLEC, ISP, and hi-tech failures (including cross-town rival ChoiceOne), kept the company private during a lean period for IPOs, and finally hit the jackpot last year with the merger.

Sounds like a great addition to downtown RoTown - I'm glad he's doing it there instead of Fairport. <_<

Given the consolidation of the telecom industry, there's a good bet Paetec might not be around by the time the building's done. :censored:

They plan to only hand-tighten the bolts holding up the signs on the building to make it easier to put up the next company's logo.

PAETEC Holding Corp.'s new corporate headquarters, to be built where the Midtown complex now sits, probably will consist of two buildings. The taller of them will rise slightly above One Xerox Square, according to PAETEC Chief Executive Arunas A. Chesonis.

Why two buildings? Why not make one taller?