Very realistic 3-round mock from great site

http://www.gbnreport.com/3-roundprojection.html

We get:

11 Buffalo Devin Thomas WR Michigan State (those of us here know that the Bills are higher on him than Kelly or Sweed)

41 Buffalo Reggie Smith DB Oklahoma (Bills have brought him in for a pre-draft workout, so the site is doing its homework);

72 Buffalo Marcus Harrison DT Arkansas (anyone?)

They better get an OL in the top three rounds.... :blink:

I don't think there's any chance of this, is there? With needs at WR, TE, DE, CB and possibly LB, and only three picks now in these rounds, the chances of them picking OL are about 1%.

I do see the need for a Center and tackle depth. The players I like in the later rounds are:

Demetrius Bell, OT, Northwestern State

Jamey Richard, C, Buffalo

Doug Legursky, C, Marshall

Peters, Dockery, Butler and Walker are all solid. Don't you think we need a TE, S, LB, WR, DT, DE, CB? BTW I love the first two picks!

Injury never happens, hmmm.

The Bills were lucky beyond belief last season re OL injuries. And it wasn't like the status quo were blasting the opposing DLs into the cheap seats...

Injury never happens, hmmm.

The Bills were lucky beyond belief last season re OL injuries. And it wasn't like the status quo were blasting the opposing DLs into the cheap seats...

and we are in good shape if we suffer injuries at TE, S, LB, WR, DT, DE, CB?

We get:

11 Buffalo Devin Thomas WR Michigan State (those of us here know that the Bills are higher on him than Kelly or Sweed)

41 Buffalo Reggie Smith DB Oklahoma (Bills have brought him in for a pre-draft workout, so the site is doing its homework);

Not one of the best mocks I've seen as far as the Bills are concerned IMO...Not only because I like both Kelly and Sweed better than Thomas, but because I think that we NEED to draft a tight end (Davis, Keller, Bennett, Cottam, etc) within the first three rounds and because I am much higher on other Corners like Brandon Flowers (if he lasts), Tracy Porter from Indiana or Terrell Thomas from USC in the second round than I am on Smith.

We get:

I hope we don't waste our 2nd rounder on Smith.

Maybe a 5th. Maybe.

He will be nothing more than a practice squad kid that would be lucky to fight his way into a special teams position. In fact, that's about all he can really do, is return punts, and I think the Bills already have that covered.

IMO, he's a below average CB that wouldn't even make the team in that regard.

He's a good punt returner though.

I don't know about Thomas. He's good, but I'd rather have Kelly/Sweed instead. I also don't know why we would draft another DT in round 3, we've got four "good" DT's on the team (Stroud, McCargo, Johnson, Williams.) Why take another so early? Also, why does everyone think that we need a TE and/or OL in the first three rounds? Our O-Line looks pretty good and having Whittle and Preston as backups isn't a horrible position to be in. As for tight end, we already have Royal, Schouman, Anderson, Johnson and Massaquoi. Why do we need another? I know everyone on here hates Royal, but I think we have bigger holes to fill than TE and OL. Specifically WR, CB, & DE.

I don't know about Thomas. He's good, but I'd rather have Kelly/Sweed instead. I also don't know why we would draft another DT in round 3, we've got four "good" DT's on the team (Stroud, McCargo, Johnson, Williams.) Why take another so early? Also, why does everyone think that we need a TE and/or OL in the first three rounds? Our O-Line looks pretty good and having Whittle and Preston as backups isn't a horrible position to be in. As for tight end, we already have Royal, Schouman, Anderson, Johnson and Massaquoi. Why do we need another? I know everyone on here hates Royal, but I think we have bigger holes to fill than TE and OL. Specifically WR, CB, & DE.

Wow - I mean this in the most respectful way possible - I disagree completely with EVERY SINGLE POINT in that paragraph.

Wow - I mean this in the most respectful way possible - I disagree completely with EVERY SINGLE POINT in that paragraph.

Really? I'm sorry to hear that. I thought everyone on these boards agreed-on and believed-in the same exact things...I'm completely shocked.

I would hope we would take DE Derrick Harvey with our first pick and then trade back up into the first to grab WR Devin Thomas even if we give up next years first rounder to do it.

We should still be able to keep enough picks to grab SS or CB and TE which would really solidify this team.

Every year, kiddo..every year. :lol:

Right? :lol:

You are correct, sir! However, IMHO I'd rather see them add to the OL in the middle rounds, not the first 3, because the depth is supposed to be there, as well as other pressing needs on this team. I don't know if we'll find Fowler's replacement in this draft or not, but he is an UFA after this season so we need to start thinking about that. And I'd like to add another prospect at Tackle when you consider Kirk Chambers is our depth there. Other than that, no worries along the OL :devil:

We get:

I like one and two but three I don't think think will be drafted here's a copy of one sites weakness' on him;

Weaknesses:

Has an inconsistent motor...Does not provide much of a pass rush...Ran into some off-the-field trouble and character is a big concern...Does not make a lot of impact plays...Health and durability are big question marks...Had a lackluster senior year.

Not gonna happen, I hope.

They better get an OL in the top three rounds.... :lol:

I wouldn't mind seeing Branden Albert in the first round but a lot of the time guys taken in the fourth round and beyond can be developed. I don't think OL is a huge pressing need when compared to other positions.

Why? We've got the Duke.

:lol:

:P

I hope we don't waste our 2nd rounder on Smith.

Maybe a 5th. Maybe.

He will be nothing more than a practice squad kid that would be lucky to fight his way into a special teams position. In fact, that's about all he can really do, is return punts, and I think the Bills already have that covered.

IMO, he's a below average CB that wouldn't even make the team in that regard.

He's a good punt returner though.

I disagree. I like him a lot.

Reggie Smith

CB | (6'0", 199, 4.549) | OKLAHOMA

Strengths: A versatile playmaker. Has experience playing CB and DS on defense, as well as returning kicks and punts on special teams. Is a big, strong cornerback prospect with great agility for his size. Very quick and fluid. Can flip his hips and mirror receivers underneath. Displays very good burst out of his pedal. Very instinctive. Diagnoses plays quickly and does a great job of reading QB's eyes. Will get quick jumps on underneath throws. Shows adequate ball skills. Is also a very good open field tackler. Gets off of blocks well and is a physical, tough player at the CB position. Doesn't shy away from contact and will take receivers out of their routes with press-man coverage. Wraps up after the catch. Has enough vision, quickness and agility to contribute as a punt returner in the NFL.

Weaknesses: Lacks ideal top-end speed both as a CB and RS. Is quick and fluid, but doesn't display elite closing burst when ball is in the air. Lack of ideal experience at cornerback is evident at times in his inconsistent footwork. Durability is only a recent concern but toe injury must be monitored.

Overall: Smith was a productive three-year starter and an extremely versatile contributor for Oklahoma. He shuttled between cornerback and strong safety, playing effectively at both positions, and returned punts and kickoffs. In his first two seasons in Norman, he posted a combined five interceptions, 11 pass break-ups, 88 tackles (six for losses) and two fumble recoveries. Last season Smith logged three interceptions, 11 pass break-ups, 78 tackles (seven for losses) and scored on a 61-yard fumble return. A broken toe kept him out of the Fiesta Bowl, though he otherwise proved durable. For his career, he averaged 21.9 yards per kickoff return and 7.3 yards per punt return (one TD). Smith's decision to leave school early was a bit surprising considering he finished his junior on the sideline with a toe injury. He has limited experience at cornerback and still has room to improve in terms of his overall technique at that position. However, Smith's combination of size and athleticism is very good. Plus, his versatility will be awfully intriguing to many NFL teams. He should come off the board at some point in Round 2.

Yea a WR that will take a year+ to become a #2!

Yeah, they should wait til next year to get a receiver that will take two years to develop. :devil: