Ticket Brokers

My 11 year old daughter wants to go see the Jonas Brothers (i know, who?) in the worst way. So I pony up $40 to join the Fan club so I can get tix during the pre-sale this morning. There is a limit of 4 tix per login as well, so I figure I have a decent shot at good seats. I paid about $140 each for tickets to see Hannah Montana back in December, so I don't want to get burned again.

10:00 AM rolls around and the website is overloaded. Server is giving a timeout message. After frantically hitting refresh for 12 minutes, I get my password and am re-directed to TicketMaster. The first set of tix is in the 400's! Yuck. I cancel and go back. I'm getting section 306 at Darien Lake. Cancel . . . refresh . . . 3 more time, still section 306 . . . Not the worst seats, but not what you would expect 12 minutes into a pre-sale. So I buy them. She gets to go with her little friends, but I would like to have scored better seats . . .

Stubhub and e-bay already have tickets in the 100 and 200 levels selling for $200 - $400 per seat . . . :blink:

I am all for free enterprise and really do not want to see government intervention into this, but the software used by brokers to override the ticket limits and bypass the login process at ticketmaster and other sites ought to be illegal. If you want to buy tix and sell 'em after market, go ahead . . . but put me on a level playing field with the brokers so I don't have to pony up $200 for tickets to what will be a kids event.

i've never heard of brokers having software to override ticket limits, have any info on that?

Doesn't mention software override directly, but it does address the problem and legislation on-going in OH. If fact, bill has been presented to OH gov for signature. Linky

They're playing at the New York State Fair August 29. Tickets to the 7 p.m. show cost $65, $55 or $45. Admission to the fair is free with any grandstand ticket purchased before the day of the concert. The 2008 fair will run from Aug. 21 to Sept. 1.

Concert tickets may be purchased at any Ticketmaster outlet, or at the New York State Fair Box Office, which will be open from noon to 4:30 p.m. Saturday March 29. Sales at the box office will be CASH ONLY.

Tickets can also be bought online at Ticketmaster.com. You may also pay by phone by calling (315) 472-0700, (585) 232-1900, or (607) 722-7272. Sales will be limited to six tickets per person.

i've never heard of brokers having software to override ticket limits, have any info on that?

A week from today, Ticketmaster will seek a preliminary injunction in Federal District Court in Los Angeles to stop RMG Technologies from accessing the Ticketmaster system through automated programs. Ticketmaster believes RMG provides resellers repeated access to Ticketmaster.com via a proxy server that moves these buyers to the head of the digital line

Linky

Water takes less space then ice.

Water + heat = crops.

The Little Ice Age. Solar activity, vulcanism, means more than whatever we do...even more than the high Priest Al Gore and his huge domicile and his zinc mines and his Occidental Petroleum billion-dollar stock holdings and his fawning acolytes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ice_Age