ESPN: Bills plan to quicken pace, trust Edwards more

Lori

Hashmarks NFL Blog

Bills coach Dick Jauron envisions an offense with faster tempo and more three-step drops. He thinks such an approach will help out his offensive line while playing to the strengths of his quarterbacks. "It makes sense for a lot of reasons," Jauron said. "Trent (Edwards) does get the ball out quickly. J.P. (Losman) can get it out quickly and be accurate. It will help our offensive line. It will change the tempo of the game."

The Bills value intelligence as much as any team. Recently retired GM and former coach Marv Levy was as erudite as any executive in the league. Jauron is another Ivy Leaguer. Offensive coordinator Turk Schonert is a Stanford guy, as is Edwards. Edwards, also from Stanford, appeals to Jauron on that level.

"To make the decisions that we've made about him, to insert him as our No. 1, was a big step for us and for him," Jauron said. "We've put a lot of faith in him."

Great, another April Fools joke. Thought I could trust you Lori. :lol:

My patience is already wearing thin with this April Fool's Day crap.

Keep it up, folks, and some of you won't be back until tomorrow. And that's no joke.

"Trent [Edwards] does get the ball out quickly. J.P. [Losman] can get it out quickly and be accurate.

I notice that the coach mentioned nothing about Trent's accuracy.

<_<:lol:

I notice that the coach mentioned nothing about Trent's accuracy.

<_<:lol:

Yeah, but he also mentions that Trend does get it out quickly, while JP can get it out quickly (and accurately).

Getting it out quickly appears to be the most important trait.

Yeah, but he also mentions that Trend does get it out quickly, while JP can get it out quickly (and accurately).

Getting it out quickly appears to be the most important trait.

If you are not accurate, who cares how quickly you get it out.

If this is true, I think it will be great. Last year it seemed that we were always waiting for plays to develop and either they never got there or the play was broken up due to pressure on the QB. More three-step drops and a quick passing scheme that relies on accuracy should benefit everyone. Now we can get a chance to see what kind of YAC Lee and Roscoe are capable of.

Right... this has got to be an April Fools joke. Jauron? A caoch that lives and breathes shortening the game via time of possesion and keeping his defense fresh? quicker offensive tempo? not on your life!!!

A quick tempo offense doesn't necessarily defy Jauron's style. Kelly's K-gun would routinely take nearly all 40 seconds to run, they were just in position and keeping the DL down in their stance for the full count. The same can apply here.

3 step dropbacks and quick release play to Edwards' strength's, I believe.

A quick tempo offense doesn't necessarily defy Jauron's style. Kelly's K-gun would routinely take nearly all 40 seconds to run, they were just in position and keeping the DL down in their stance for the full count. The same can apply here.

3 step dropbacks and quick release play to Edwards' strength's, I believe.

Good point, just because the play takes lees time to make, doesn't eman the offence will be faster, its not like the plan is to run a 2 minute drill the entire game with the plan being to run a no huddle and run up to the line to get plays off as quickly as possible. the plan is just on passing plays they want to get the ball into the hands of the WR's quicker