On a positive note. WR Adarius Bowman.

If you haven't realized yet that I have been advocating for us to draft a WR in the 3rd rd area due to my belief that there is valid talent there to be gotten for our #2 WR position. I posted about Bowman first when I satrted this crusade and then followed it up with Jordy Nelson. IMO nothing has changed. Nelson is projected to be available in the 3rd rd and Bowman, as of now, is projected to go as late as the 5th rd. Point is there is plenty to choose from after the 1st rd.

http://wdef.com/news/adarius_bowman_ready_...l_draft/03/2008

I love his size, wing span and most of all, his humbleness. I think that most of us would love to have someone like Brandon Marshall (Baby TO) before the recent unfortunate incident he just had, as our #2 WR. Well, this Bowman could be just that.

There's nothing like a one handed catch by a WR to get you excited.

With the first TD I think that I would have to credit the QB with squeezing it in there but I do like the second TD with the way Bowman caught the ball with his hands only. Nice!

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2008_nfl_draft/adarius_bowman.htm

If you haven't realized yet that I have been advocating for us to draft a WR in the 3rd rd area due to my belief that there is valid talent there to be gotten for our #2 WR position. I posted about Bowman first when I satrted this crusade and then followed it up with Jordy Nelson. IMO nothing has changed. Nelson is projected to be available in the 3rd rd and Bowman, as of now, is projected to go as late as the 5th rd. Point is there is plenty to choose from after the 1st rd.

I love his size, wing span and most of all, his humbleness. I think that most of us would love to have someone like Brandon Marshall (Baby TO) before the recent unfortunate incident he just had, as our #2 WR. Well, this Bowman could be just that.

With the first TD I think that I would have to credit the QB with squeezing it in there but I do like the second TD with the way Bowman caught the ball with his hands only. Nice!

Humbleness is an important attribute in a WR. I'm hoping we get this guy in the second round.

I like everything about this guy's physical skills, but getting kicked off a college team as a freshman probably takes him off the Bills draft board, IMO. They are not going to draft anyone with character flags.

I like everything about this guy's physical skills, but getting kicked off a college team as a freshman probably takes him off the Bills draft board, IMO. They are not going to draft anyone with character flags.

I'm not trying to talk you out of your conviction but in the first link, and that's exactly why I made it the first link, is an article that sounds like he matured and has made big strides in realizing his past mistakes. If you didn't read it in it's entirely then give it a shot and see if it makes a difference in your opinion of him. If not, that's cool.

everytime I've seen Bowman play, he makes plays. The Brandon Marshall comparison is pretty accurate. Regardless of how he times in shorts, and tee shirt I fully believe is overblown. He could be a steal in the 3rd-4th rd. While allowing us to address other needs. Overdrafting a wr early, ins't going to put us any closer to being a team that competes for championships. Better to get compareable talent, later on, while adressing needs on the defensive side of the ball. Where we are still thin. I'm just throwing this out there again. Not to rain on your bowman thread. Another wr I really like is LSU'S Early Doucet. His willingness as a Blocker, ability to break tackles, and yac ability. I think would be a tremendous assest to this offense. The one maddening thing about the bills. Despite the speed of Evans,Parrish. Neither are all that adept at yards after the catch.

I'm not trying to talk you out of your conviction but in the first link, and that's exactly why I made it the first link, is an article that sounds like he matured and has made big strides in realizing his past mistakes. If you didn't read it in it's entirely then give it a shot and see if it makes a difference in your opinion of him. If not, that's cool.

Well, here's the story from my end. You could probably only tell if he's matured from talking to him. Hopefully the Bills have or will have had a chance to interview him to figure that out. I probably couldn't say for sure, so all I can go by is the record itself.

I will say I do like the idea of waiting until the 3rd to pick up a WR. I know lots of people want a WR at #11, but let's assume we draft a TE with #2 (for discussion purposes let's say Fred Davis). What would people rather have:

S. Ellis or D. Harvey in 1st / F. Davis in 2nd / Jordy Nelson or A. Bowman in 3rd

OR

M. Kelly or L. Sweed in 1st / F. Davis in 2nd / Some CB or a Center in 3rd (my guess what we would pick if the draft went this way)

Personally, I like that in the first option we get best player available impact on the DL and still get a comparable WR, so I see your point. Not sure that Sweed or Kelly are that much better than the other two to reflect how much higher they will go.

I'd love to get Bowman and either Hardy or Sweed. Plus take another guy in the later rounds. I don't really see any guy at TE worthy of their projection in the first few rounds, so focus on #2 WR and slot WR's.

I have to admit I'm not all that familiar with Bowman, but reading these stories, and given his measurements (6'4, 220 4.47), why exactly is he falling and being projected to mid to late rds? Surely not from that freshman incident alone, is it?

I have to admit I'm not all that familiar with Bowman, but reading these stories, and given his measurements (6'4, 220 4.47), why exactly is he falling and being projected to mid to late rds? Surely not from that freshman incident alone, is it?

He's in the 4.7's for his 40 at the Combine and his Pro Day. I'm not promoting for us to take him with our 3rd rder but we could be able to select him with our 4th or 5th rder if we wanted to and that might be a good value then.

Well, here's the story from my end. You could probably only tell if he's matured from talking to him. Hopefully the Bills have or will have had a chance to interview him to figure that out. I probably couldn't say for sure, so all I can go by is the record itself.

I will say I do like the idea of waiting until the 3rd to pick up a WR. I know lots of people want a WR at #11, but let's assume we draft a TE with #2 (for discussion purposes let's say Fred Davis). What would people rather have:

S. Ellis or D. Harvey in 1st / F. Davis in 2nd / Jordy Nelson or A. Bowman in 3rd

OR

M. Kelly or L. Sweed in 1st / F. Davis in 2nd / Some CB or a Center in 3rd (my guess what we would pick if the draft went this way)

Personally, I like that in the first option we get best player available impact on the DL and still get a comparable WR, so I see your point. Not sure that Sweed or Kelly are that much better than the other two to reflect how much higher they will go.

I say option A, but then my philosophy has always been to draft big guys early, little guys late.

A lot of it is because of a pair of Lasick (spelling?) surgeries and his speed. If we could get him on the second day, and all he turned out to be was a great slot WR, I'd still be happy.

A WR corps of

Evans

Sweed/Hardy

Bowman

Reed

Parrish

Could be pretty good. I'd still look at some of the late round guys as well.

Wow, its amazing about the eyes/lasik surgery, given his production. Just might make him that much better. And as far as his 40 time, I'm sure alot of teams are kicking themselves for not taking Anquan Boldin, and if I remember correctly his time was in the 4.7s as well.

This kid seems really intriguing, thanks!

Wow, its amazing about the eyes/lasik surgery, given his production. Just might make him that much better. And as far as his 40 time, I'm sure alot of teams are kicking themselves for not taking Anquan Boldin, and if I remember correctly his time was in the 4.7s as well.

This kid seems really intriguing, thanks!

Anquan Boldin's case was a little different. He came back and ran a halfway decent 4.59 at his Pro Day. He was also still suffering some effects of a knee injury the season prior.

Anquan Boldin's case was a little different. He came back and ran a halfway decent 4.59 at his Pro Day. He was also still suffering some effects of a knee injury the season prior.

exactly Boldin was HURT, Bowman isn't.

Don't know how many times I've said that

As i was saying in my post in your thread, THIS is how TSW used to be way back in the days of yore. A respectful disagreement! not an attack, or a flame. No personal insults!

Wouldn't it be nice...

Keep up the fight Tipster!

Want to hear a Adarius Bowman Interview?

Go to

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/index.shtml

Go to bottom of page, click

NFL Draft Blitz Podcasts on iTunes

There ya go :thumbsup:

Wow! Thanks alot! That was a great interview. I really like this kid alot! I think that he would be perfect in Buffalo. If we don't get Jordy Nelson then I definitely want the Bills to get Bowman. I'd be estactic with either one but I think that I would rather have Bowman if I had to pick. The hell with it, I hope we get both of them, Nelson in the 3rd rd and Bowman in the 4th. Yeah!

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/adariusbowmaninterview.htm