Jermaine Wiggins

Dolphins | Team talks with Wiggins

Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:48:40 -0700

NFL | Wiggins wants to return to league - from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:47:07 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports free-agent TE Jermaine Wiggins (Jaguars) wants to play in the NFL again, according to NFL.com. Wiggins has spent the past three months training and has dropped 15 pounds.

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Miami Dolphins have talked with free-agent TE Jermaine Wiggins (Jaguars).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Falcons | Team talks with Wiggins

Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:48:06 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Atlanta Falcons have talked with free-agent TE Jermaine Wiggins (Jaguars).

Career Stats:

Year Tm G Rec Rec Yds Rec Avg Rec TD Rec 2pt Rush Rush Yds Rush TD Fum Lost

2002 CAR 8 8 45 5.62 1 0 0 0 0 0

2002 IND 2 2 17 8.50 0 0 0 0 0 1

2003 CAR 16 8 80 10.00 1 0 0 0 0 0

2004 MIN 14 71 705 9.93 4 0 0 0 0 0

2005 MIN 16 68 568 8.35 1 0 0 0 0 0

2006 MIN 16 46 386 8.39 1 0 0 0 0 0

I cannot remember if there's any health issues. He could be worth a look.

Didnt we get pissed when we signed a TE that was out of football last year already this season? I dont think we are signing anyone else this offseason, in fact i would be surprised if we drafted a TE before round 4

While I don't think the Bills take a look at Wiggins, I don't think they are going to wait until the 4th to take a TE. If they trade down and pick up an additional 2nd, I would be willing to bet that they grab Fred Davis if he is there, or Dustin Keller, or Kellen Davis. Buffalo NEEDS a TE and I expect us to address our three pressing needs in the first four rounds. I expect a WR in the First, a TE in the second, a CB in the Third, a C in the Fourth and Owen Schmidt in the Fifth.

While I don't think the Bills take a look at Wiggins, I don't think they are going to wait until the 4th to take a TE. If they trade down and pick up an additional 2nd, I would be willing to bet that they grab Fred Davis if he is there, or Dustin Keller, or Kellen Davis. Buffalo NEEDS a TE and I expect us to address our three pressing needs in the first four rounds. I expect a WR in the First, a TE in the second, a CB in the Third, a C in the Fourth and Owen Schmidt in the Fifth.

The only reason i say that is bc we did sign 2 TEs, (Teyo Johnson, and Courtney Anderson) and we still have Robert Royle, who the coaches like for his blocking and he is well liked in the locker room, Schoman who showed something before he got hurt and Tim Marquaossi who i dont know much about. 5 TEs already on the roster with only one fairly proven in Royle. Maybe a third rounder depending on whats available but i wouldnt be surprised if they waited awhile to draft a TE.