Say what you want about JP...but

JoeF

I'll just answer this, since it seems to be the basis for your whole response, but I never said I had any "facts" to support it, I just feel like it was a plan by him to try to win his new contract by buying the house and "organizing" the cleanup. I just find it very fake especially coming in his 4th year. Just seems to me that if he was sold on the city and the people he would have done this long before his "contract season". Timing just seems a little too convient for me. Trent may or may not "live" full time in the Buffalo area, but he did buy a house from day one, and maybe it was only his sister that moved with him. I thought I read the parents moved or were moving East as well. Still seems like he bought, literally into the city and region, day one. Again as I stated above, and will restate now, this is only my feelings and opinions.

Who cares if the guy tried to buy his way into the fans hearts or that he was good for the city of buffalo. The bottom line is he did not produce. He was given chance after chance & for whatever reason could not get the job done. Hell, before the Jacksonville game he even said this was a make or break game for him & his future with the bills probably depends on him pulling out a win. I think anybody that watched this game without the rose colored glasses on would say he failed miserablly in that game. I mean to fumble on a goddam qb sneak, how much more of a boneheaded play can you get? If the bills do end up keeping him, there is no doubt in my mind he will get another chance this season, as qbs rarely play all 16 games, my confidence is not high based on past results that he could get the job done though.

Tipster, I think your a little off base with your analysis of Bledsoe. When Bledsoe was cut by Dallas, I think his attitude was if I cant be a starter for an NFL team I would rather be at my ranch in Montana & spend all the time with my family. I dont think there is anything wrong with that attitude. He didnt need the money, he got his super bowl ring & he probably is a borderline hall of fame canidate. Why would he want to waste another year being a backup qb?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll just answer this, since it seems to be the basis for your whole response, but I never said I had any "facts" to support it, I just feel like it was a plan by him to try to win his new contract by buying the house and "organizing" the cleanup. I just find it very fake especially coming in his 4th year. Just seems to me that if he was sold on the city and the people he would have done this long before his "contract season". Timing just seems a little too convient for me. Trent may or may not "live" full time in the Buffalo area, but he did buy a house from day one, and maybe it was only his sister that moved with him. I thought I read the parents moved or were moving East as well. Still seems like he bought, literally into the city and region, day one. Again as I stated above, and will restate now, this is only my feelings and opinions.

I think you're answering that part because that may be all you read. Did you READ the rest of it? You're still saying he bought his house going into his fourth year. He didn't. He bought his house the end of May 2006. He DID do it long before his contract season. Prior to that he lived IN Buffalo from Day 1.

You commend Trent for "buying into the community from Day 1" because he bought a house in HAMBURG and spending the off season in California, but then bash JP as disengenous even though he has lived IN Buffalo from Day 1, stays here in the offseason, does a ton of community service, and puts money into the economy year round? I understand it's your feelings and opinions, but really.. does it make any sense?

that's only because he's not good enough to hold out. when he starts establishing himself like Chad Johnson, etc... then he has some kind of leverage to do so. the last i saw, he's still under contract with the Bills so he has no choice. he NEEDS the practice anyways since he couldn't beat out a rookie last year. he just needs to keep his mouth shut, practice, and hope that he can perform well to beat out a second year player.

If one wants to be more accurate (which some folks do not because they simply cherry pick the fact(s) which support their point) then a players market value is determined not only by his ability as a player, but also the amount of competition out there at their spot.

JP actually has more leverage than Johnson right now because the conventional wisdom is that this is an incredibly deep draft in terms of WR talent which makes it critical in terms of leverage for Johnson to make some noise right now before his market position gets diminished even further by the drafting of several potential competitors.

JP on the other hand is a former NFL starting QB with a middlin level of production overall but a clear record as a failed starter, but his coaches made a number of definite errors in his development which would make it silly for other teams to simply declare him done.

JP need do nothing more but keep his nose clean and he likely will stand to cash in quite well when FA occurs.

Many folks seem to make the mistake of equating salary level to ability as player (they are not the same thing at all though obviously they are strongly related0. They also seem to make the mistake of assuming that a player has some static level of ability which can be assessed when actually the same player can be horrible in a bad situation (the wrong offense for him, bad history, early in his career, etc.) but also be good or very good in the right situation.

I think JP is done as a Bill as he declared the Jax game make or break for him and pretty much all he agree he broke. However, I still think he is a young talented player with some clear deficits who could easily produce much better in a different situation.

I think the folks who simply write him off as a bad player who will fail everywhere have simply not made a compelling case for this view even though I would agree with them that he is done as a Bill.

Who cares if the guy tried to buy his way into the fans hearts or that he was good for the city of buffalo.

A lot of people do, and I don't fault them for that. I also don't really fault JP for trying. I just think the timing of everything was fishy. If he was truly genuine, and I was wrong, then my bad. As far as his on field problems go, he has a good arm, and good "speed" for a QB. He was handled poorly by the team, but at the same time, that doesn't forgive a lot of his fault which IMHO he never overcame. A lot of those were mental mistakes that were just frustrating has hell. His Qb rating was middle of the pack (10-20) for most starting Qb's, but what doesn't get reflected his is propensity to put the ball on the deck. He was putting the ball up for turnover at a rate of almost 2 times per game. That to me is his biggest failing, and maybe it was coaching, and maybe it wasn't. But now entering his 5 season, that's a lot of bad mental issues that have to be overcome. I wish him luck, and root for him if he stays and when he plays. If he is on the team come the first game, I will keep my opinions to myself on him until the end of the season, just like I always do, until the season is over (which means at what point we are out of the playoffs again).

I think you're answering that part because that may be all you read. Did you READ the rest of it? You're still saying he bought his house going into his fourth year. He didn't. He bought his house the end of May 2006. He DID do it long before his contract season. Prior to that he lived IN Buffalo from Day 1.

You commend Trent for "buying into the community from Day 1" because he bought a house in HAMBURG and spending the off season in California, but then bash JP as disengenous even though he has lived IN Buffalo from Day 1, stays here in the offseason, does a ton of community service, and puts money into the economy year round? I understand it's your feelings and opinions, but really.. does it make any sense?

And I disagree with you on a lot of what you said. I went after what seemed to be your kep point. As far as when he bought a house, I don't know the exact closing date, but it seemed to be one of his statements from last year that said he bought into the city by buying a house. As far as spending time in Buffalo, not true. Look around, he was just like Trent in going back t Cali, spending time with Evans elsewhere, like Wisconsin and practicing in the offseason. There is lot of news articles with those details. Hey, that's okay neither was born in Buffalo, I expect them to go see the world, spend time with friends and family from their homes. But people want to get on Trent, and he and his family bought here day one. I just don't remember JP doing that.

I think the entire point of this thread is to REFUTE the HATERS past declarations that JP would be a cancer on the team PERIOD. By showing up for VOLUNTARY OTA's it shows JP is a GREAT teammate & not a potential CANCER.

You cannot refute the haters, he showed up just to spread his bile and divide the team. :beer:

As far as spending time in Buffalo, not true. Look around, he was just like Trent in going back t Cali, spending time with Evans elsewhere, like Wisconsin and practicing in the offseason. There is lot of news articles with those details. Hey, that's okay neither was born in Buffalo, I expect them to go see the world, spend time with friends and family from their homes. But people want to get on Trent, and he and his family bought here day one. I just don't remember JP doing that.

JP Losman lives in Buffalo, NY all year round.

Trent Edwards and his sister live in Hamburg, NY and apparently only during the regular season.

JP takes a vacation, but lives there all the time. Trent leaves after the season is over, and returns when the off-season conditioning starts. Keep repeating the above, cuz apparently you have trouble understanding the concepts.

JP is very visible in the community, he talks up the city to anyone that will listen, invests his time and money there, and while he didn't buy a 4br, 2 car garage, suburban house near the stadium right after he signed, it's of no consequence. He bought property downtown from the outset, and then a much larger house in the city a couple years later.

Trent is a good guy, I have nothing against him, but he never says or does much (from a civic standpoint) for the region. He works hard at his job, and then goes back to one of the most affluent communities in the USA.

I don't think it's a big deal either way, but to bash JP and celebrate TE is just plain stupid!

JP Losman lives in Buffalo, NY all year round.

Trent Edwards and his sister live in Hamburg, NY and apparently only during the regular season.

JP takes a vacation, but lives there all the time. Trent leaves after the season is over, and returns when the off-season conditioning starts. Keep repeating the above, cuz apparently you have trouble understanding the concepts.

JP is very visible in the community, he talks up the city to anyone that will listen, invests his time and money there, and while he didn't buy a 4br, 2 car garage, suburban house near the stadium right after he signed, it's of no consequence. He bought property downtown from the outset, and then a much larger house in the city a couple years later.

Trent is a good guy, I have nothing against him, but he never says or does much (from a civic standpoint) for the region. He works hard at his job, and then goes back to one of the most affluent communities in the USA.

I don't think it's a big deal either way, but to bash JP and celebrate TE is just plain stupid!

I don't believe I bashed JP in this thread, I gave what I felt was my opinion. Also, go back to Jp first couple of years and you will find plenty of stories of him being elsewhere after the season (one of the biggest was him and Evans not being here for one the camps, but working out together elsewhere, if I remember correct). I am not celebrating TE either. just stating a fact that he bought a house here ASAP and has family living here. Also Trents sister doesn't just live here in season as she is a teacher and can't just take off.

I think the entire point of this thread is to REFUTE the HATERS past declarations that JP would be a cancer on the team PERIOD. By showing up for VOLUNTARY OTA's it shows JP is a GREAT teammate & not a potential CANCER.

This thread had a point??...Jesus..I need to write my mom a note, she will be so proud I helped make a point. Maybe I will get my name in the new phone book too. :beer:

You hit it Sunshine State poster...that's what I was attempting to communicate originally. Now the thread has turned into WNY real estate showcase...

Wow, I knew you were anti-JP, but just wow.

Ever consider that a 22-year-old might not be ready to buy a house? Could it be that JP matured a bit in his time here and decided to try to establish more permanent roots?

I gotta say, this supposed plan of JP's to win a new contract by buying a house may be one of the most convoluted schemes I've ever read about.

Wow, Tipster, I guess I will never interest you in buying either or my Drew Bledsoe jerseys!

I understand your point about Drew...but I am also not sure it is fair to assume that we know what is going on in someones head, all of the time. I certainly don't remember Bledsoe having problems with teammates, anywhere, except maybe TO. But, my point was really not all of that. You gotta admitt, most of the complaints you have about Drew would be easily glossed over,if the team had been successful. And with the kids we have here now (JP and Trent), it is sort of the same thing.

I think the whole, "he doesn't live here in the offseason" argument that is made about all the QB's is really the worst.

I love the fact that JP poured his heart and soul into the city of Buffalo. I am very sincere in that. It is my favorite thing about the kid. I really liked Danny Briere of the Sabres for the same reason. I wish they were all like that, but I can't hate them if they are not, or pretend that it has something to do with their performance on the field. Ultimately, isn't that what really matters, for our purposes? If we just want to root for good guys who can't play the game, why not drive by the literacy volunteers office, and recruit some depth for the roster?

Winning solves everything.

Oh yeah, I am glad you are back!

Naw, I'm still stuck with a Moulds and Spikes' Pro Bowl jersey. I also bought Losman jersey when he was first named the starter. Whew! I'm glad that I missed that one! Matter of fact I was thinking about an Evans one too but I think that I'll hold off on that one.

I admit that I don't know what was going on in his or anyone else's head, hell I don't even know what goes on in my head sometimes. I never meant to insinuate that he has had problems with teammates before except when his time was ending as a starter in Dallas with TO and I meant be wrong about it being TO, it might have been Keyshawn, I forget which one of them it was now. I confuse them two jerks because they act the same. I do agree that if he was winning I'd be shutting up about him. That's what makes me so mad at myself, I was NEVER a Bledsoe believer until he came to Buffalo and had that good year. I sold out on my convictions and then caught a pie in the face for it. I deserved that.

Players living here doesn't give them a green light to suck but I will say that even Kelly, and I believe that he was a very obnoxious person when he was a player, was more endeared to me because it was more than just a job to him. They become more like one of us. I like that, ALOT. I don't hate anyone, but I do dislike a portion of the players in the game today. I can't really think of any current Bills' players that I dislike but I do pull for some more than others. Sorry, guilty as charged. As far as driving over to recruit volunteer workers, are you crazy, I'm too lazy and selfish to do that!

I also agree wholeheartedly, winning does solve everything and that's what this franchise and fanbase desperately needs.

Thanks, it's good to be here. How does that saying go? Where would you rather be than right here, right now? Go Bills!

Guest dog14787

JP Losman has been a class act off the field and on the field he has always put his team first. I hope he goes into training camp and preseason with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove. In my opinion, we have two potential starters in JP and the Holy Trent. Each with their own special skills and talents they bring to the game.

I've talked about this before, when will the mold be broken that you have one starter and only one? If the team you face next week requires a differnt type of play at the QB position to have a better chance at being successful and you have that player on the bench, why not start him?

Why not have every team you play wonder who they will be game planning against? I know this is not a new idea, and has been tinkered with before but has anyone commited long enough to see if it would work? If you could win with both, doesn't it just increase the value of your QB's, and as an owner isn't that a good thing? When a players value increases it makes the whole team worth more in my opinion, unless I'm missing something.

JP is a good guy and a class act, I hope he stays in Buffalo :beer:

JP Losman has been a class act off the field and on the field he has always put his team first. I hope he goes into training camp and preseason with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove. In my opinion, we have two potential starters in JP and the Holy Trent. Each with their own special skills and talents they bring to the game.

I've talked about this before, when will the mold be broken that you have one starter and only one? If the team you face next week requires a differnt type of play at the QB position to have a better chance at being successful and you have that player on the bench, why not start him?

Why not have every team you play wonder who they will be game planning against? I know this is not a new idea, and has been tinkered with before but has anyone commited long enough to see if it would work? If you could win with both, doesn't it just increase the value of your QB's, and as an owner isn't that a good thing? When a players value increases it makes the whole team worth more in my opinion, unless I'm missing something.

JP is a good guy and a class act, I hope he stays in Buffalo :beer:

That is exactly the type of comment that gets me pissed..Great post then you throw a dumbass word in there to ruin it..I respect your opinion but then you ruin it with a stupid addon... :D