Trade of Chad Johnson?

mis3384

Moss had a bad rep as a person......look at the Pats, they took a risk and it paid off big time. Moss mashes well with Brady.

I dont understand why you all wouldnt want Chad Johnson. Its not like hes a bad character person. The way I see it he likes to have fun with the fans and the game. I guess the lame WR's we have after Evans you would rather stick with, oh and the fact noone wants a WR in the first round.......I mean what do you guys want? You dont want a pro bowl, proven WR that has elite talent......and you dont want a stud WR in the first......What does everyone want? You dont want a WR that will demand money, you want a cheap WR......well a cheap WR is a WR that plays behind Evans right now......lame talent. You want talent you gotta pay for it.

Id be glad to take Chad Johnson to team with Evans.....anyone who thinks its bad, well your just an idiot.

Ok you team Brady with moss and it works and based on that you wanna pair a reciever who claims to be one of the best in the league with a second year QB?

Carson Palmer is way better than TE. No way Chad all of sudden feels better here and decides he wants to play

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A First rounder and Kelsay? For a malcontent, overrated WR?

Terrible idea.

Did you not watch him play against us this year. Never caught a pass in traffic, had allegator arms and no heart.

Kelsay is going to have a good year rotating in with Schobel and Harvey, our #11 pick. You can't have enough DEs (See Giants).

You must not watch a lot of Cincy games. Johnson goes across the middle all the time and takes huge shots. But not worthy of a 1st rounder, sorry.

I actually like Reed- there always is a spot for role players. If he doesn't have to be a play maker, he is fine. Ask more than that, and he will drop the ball while looking downfield. I did not click on the link, as I don't feel I have to look at his stats to justify his ability, which he does have.

Parrish is a fast little guy who was always coddled into thinking his ability was enough. He doesn't even understand that in the NFL that WR's have to run routes. As long as we have an extra slot for a great punt returner, we should keep him. He is not a reliable target for a developing QB.

How would any of us know anything about parrish as a WR, he is never used. The problem was, we had an OC who didn't know how to mix things up and he was never used right. He is quick and can catch. He doesn't have the size to be a #1 or #2, but in the slot or as a #3/#4 he can be a very dangerous weapon

How would any of us know anything about parrish as a WR, he is never used. The problem was, we had an OC who didn't know how to mix things up and he was never used right. He is quick and can catch. He doesn't have the size to be a #1 or #2, but in the slot or as a #3/#4 he can be a very dangerous weapon

Never the player's fault, eh? Deion Sanders ran better routes. He is one of the best punt returners in the league- let him just do what he does well

You must not watch a lot of Cincy games. Johnson goes across the middle all the time and takes huge shots. But not worthy of a 1st rounder, sorry.

He certainly does.

Also, CIN takes a huge cap and cash hit if he leaves the team. And I doubt CIN is willing to pay two #1 picks. And if who they favor isn't there at the #9 spot, they may well trade down to get out of the pricey top ten...

Chad is an excellent receiver but is also 30 years old. As Buffalotone stated with an earlier post he does go across the middle and that cathces up with a player after 7 years in the league. Would I like CJ on the the Bills? Ofcourse but not for the 11th pick in the draft where we can choose any receiver we want. Sweed or Kelly can turn into 85.

If you want talent you have to give up talent. This is the best case scenario. Trade Schobel for Johnson str8 up. With 11th pick select DE Derrick Harvey. By doing this it will not add to our salary cap. The money that Schobel gets will go to a pay raise for Johnson and we end up getting rid of a player who has miles on his body for a player who is younger with upside.

Never the player's fault, eh? Deion Sanders ran better routes. He is one of the best punt returners in the league- let him just do what he does well

Its not like Roscoe is consistently used and he just keeps dropping the ball, or something like that

So what if Deon Sanders ran better routes, we aren't comparing the 2. We are talking about if Roscoe is even used in the offence, which he is not, and you are writing him off as a horrible WR, and should only be held on the roster as a punt returner.

Its not like Roscoe is consistently used and he just keeps dropping the ball, or something like that

So what if Deon Sanders ran better routes, we aren't comparing the 2. We are talking about if Roscoe is even used in the offence, which he is not, and you are writing him off as a horrible WR, and should only be held on the roster as a punt returner.

Deion Sanders never ran routes, he rounded off his breaks, thats why Aikman seldom thre to him, and why he got intercepted when he did.

Yes, there is a reason he isn't used. He should remain a punt returner because he doesn't have a clue how to be a WR.

Chad is an excellent receiver but is also 30 years old. As Buffalotone stated with an earlier post he does go across the middle and that cathces up with a player after 7 years in the league. Would I like CJ on the the Bills? Ofcourse but not for the 11th pick in the draft where we can choose any receiver we want. Sweed or Kelly can turn into 85.

If Moss and TO didnt go for #1's why would CJ? He is a great WR but not worth the pick. I would give a 2nd or 3rd but no way a 1st rounder.

I actually like Reed- there always is a spot for role players. If he doesn't have to be a play maker, he is fine. Ask more than that, and he will drop the ball while looking downfield. I did not click on the link, as I don't feel I have to look at his stats to justify his ability, which he does have.

Parrish is a fast little guy who was always coddled into thinking his ability was enough. He doesn't even understand that in the NFL that WR's have to run routes. As long as we have an extra slot for a great punt returner, we should keep him. He is not a reliable target for a developing QB.

LOL. Jesus, I'm sorry but your logic in this thread is mind boggling. You'd fit right in with the Lions or Cardinals front office. If you really believe this about our WR corps........well, WOW.

Parrish is an explosive WR who is underused. Reed should be a #4 at best on a good team. Parrish has made explosvie plays at WR with catch and runs, and it boggles most people's minds why he isn't integrated more into the offense.

The fact that you say 85 is a lesser version of Lee Evans is proof enough that your insight shouldn't be taken seriously in this thread. To further your flawed logic, you've now added that Reed is a better commodity at WR than Parrish on this team is just as bad.

If Buffalo were to get Chad Johnson, which is a pipe dream anyway, but if it were to happen and we could line up with:

#1 Chad Johnson

#1a Lee Evans

#3 Roscoe Parrish in the slot would be unstoppable

Not only would that combo be one of the best in the league, anytime any one of them caught a pass, they would have a chance to take it to the house.

Please stop the stupidity!

LOL. Jesus, I'm sorry but your logic in this thread is mind boggling. You'd fit right in with the Lions or Cardinals front office. If you really believe this about our WR corps........well, WOW.

Parrish is an explosive WR who is underused. Reed should be a #4 at best on a good team. Parrish has made explosvie plays at WR with catch and runs, and it boggles most people's minds why he isn't integrated more into the offense.

The fact that you say 85 is a lesser version of Lee Evans is proof enough that your insight shouldn't be taken seriously in this thread. To further your flawed logic, you've now added that Reed is a better commodity at WR than Parrish on this team is just as bad.

If Buffalo were to get Chad Johnson, which is a pipe dream anyway, but if it were to happen and we could line up with:

#1 Chad Johnson

#1a Lee Evans

#3 Roscoe Parrish in the slot would be unstoppable

Not only would that combo be one of the best in the league, anytime any one of them caught a pass, they would have a chance to take it to the house.

Please stop the stupidity!

I am sorry, I forgot that you and other fans have more insight into our players than our coaches, please forgive me.

Yeah, Parrish could be unstoppable, thats why he plays so much.

If Evans played on an NFL caliber team, he would be doing much better than he does in Buffalo

I am sorry, I forgot that you and other fans have more insight into our players than our coaches, please forgive me.

Yeah, Parrish could be unstoppable, thats why he plays so much.

If Evans played on an NFL caliber team, he would be doing much better than he does in Buffalo

And I'm sorry, football is brain surgery I guess, and there's no way a fan could EVER be a better judge of talent than some NFL coach. I can't stand when people play this card, it's so stupid. So, there are no bad personnel people in the NFL or bad coaches? Yeah right!

Parrish is a good player. He has a very good skill set. Anyone with half a brain knows that the kid has ability to make big plays at almost any time a ball is in his hands. And yeah, the fact that he wasn't on the field more is what most of us think about the stupidity of Fairchild. But hey, Fairchild's an NFL coach and the fact that he absolutely sucked and was gutless is OK, well, because he was an NFL coach. There's no way Joe citizen could have the intellect to be able to decipher that. If Parrish can be as explosive as he is while being as bad as you claim, imagine what will happen when he actually learns to play WR better and matures. After all, if Josh Reed can use excuses for his development, hell, so can Roscoe, who is already better than Reed.

And lastly, there are plenty of WR's who put up nice numbers while not having a complement on the other side. Lee is a very nice WR, but he's not a stud. ANd there's nothing wrong with that. We don't have a stud at WR. We have two guys that would be deadly if we would just add that last piece.

And I'm sorry, football is brain surgery I guess, and there's no way a fan could EVER be a better judge of talent than some NFL coach. I can't stand when people play this card, it's so stupid. So, there are no bad personnel people in the NFL or bad coaches? Yeah right!

Parrish is a good player. He has a very good skill set. Anyone with half a brain knows that the kid has ability to make big plays at almost any time a ball is in his hands. And yeah, the fact that he wasn't on the field more is what most of us think about the stupidity of Fairchild. But hey, Fairchild's an NFL coach and the fact that he absolutely sucked and was gutless is OK, well, because he was an NFL coach. There's no way Joe citizen could have the intellect to be able to decipher that. If Parrish can be as explosive as he is while being as bad as you claim, imagine what will happen when he actually learns to play WR better and matures. After all, if Josh Reed can use excuses for his development, hell, so can Roscoe, who is already better than Reed.

And lastly, there are plenty of WR's who put up nice numbers while not having a complement on the other side. Lee is a very nice WR, but he's not a stud. ANd there's nothing wrong with that. We don't have a stud at WR. We have two guys that would be deadly if we would just add that last piece.

Roscoe Parrish does not run routes. What part of that do you not understand. He didn't at Miami, he hasn't here. Roscoe Parrish is not better than Reed. Reed has made some clutch catches on third down because he runs routes. Josh Reed is not half as athletic as Parrish, but is a MUCH better pro player. Parrish is a good punt returner and has value doing that.

Rob Johnson had tons of athletic talent too, and look how he turned out.

Roscoe Parrish does not run routes. What part of that do you not understand. He didn't at Miami, he hasn't here. Roscoe Parrish is not better than Reed. Reed has made some clutch catches on third down because he runs routes. Josh Reed is not half as athletic as Parrish, but is a MUCH better pro player. Parrish is a good punt returner and has value doing that.

Rob Johnson had tons of athletic talent too, and look how he turned out.

This is about the dumbest post I've ever seen, only because you are convinced that there isn't any argument. Roscoe Parrish has already accomplished more than Josh Reed has in the NFL. And for some of the TD's that Parrish has caught, or has caught and turned into TD's, in limited playing time, he must be running some kind of routes out there.

There is NOBODY in the NFL that fears Josh Reed. Not one team. Roscoe Parrish is often talked about as the most feared weapon for the Bills BOTH on special teams and as a WR. Hell in Pittsburgh before the game, their whole pregame focus was about how to stop Parrish as a special teams player AND WR.

Get a grip, you are defending a below average WR in Josh Reed. Reed is likeable, but he's not that good, and his raw talent level is marginal. There isn't a personnel man in the NFL that would take Josh Reed over Parrish as a wideout.

There also isn't a pro personnel guy in NFL that would take the combo of Lee Evans and Josh Reed over Chad Johnson and Roscoe Parrish. Not one.

Come on man, I know it's March, but wake up.

This is about the dumbest post I've ever seen, only because you are convinced that there isn't any argument. Roscoe Parrish has already accomplished more than Josh Reed has in the NFL. And for some of the TD's that Parrish has caught, or has caught and turned into TD's, in limited playing time, he must be running some kind of routes out there.

There is NOBODY in the NFL that fears Josh Reed. Not one team. Roscoe Parrish is often talked about as the most feared weapon for the Bills BOTH on special teams and as a WR. Hell in Pittsburgh before the game, their whole pregame focus was about how to stop Parrish as a special teams player AND WR.

Get a grip, you are defending a below average WR in Josh Reed. Reed is likeable, but he's not that good, and his raw talent level is marginal. There isn't a personnel man in the NFL that would take Josh Reed over Parrish as a wideout.

There also isn't a pro personnel guy in NFL that would take the combo of Lee Evans and Josh Reed over Chad Johnson and Roscoe Parrish. Not one.

Come on man, I know it's March, but wake up.

I am sure you spoke in depth with the Pittsburgh coaching staff before the game...........

ill say it, Chad Johnson is small. LISTED at 6'1" 198lbs. thats too small to be considered an upgrade to our WR core

LOL. too funny. i actually laughed out loud and had to call in my roomates to read this. they laughed even harder than I did. you sir, are clueless.

How anyone would not want Chad Johnson is unbelievable. He would be an immediate improvement to our WR corp. Instead you guys would rather go with an unproven rookie? Thats absurd. I would take Johnson in a heartbeat.

This is all soooo funny! I started post 2 month's ago, about trying to trade for Johnson. I got everything from he sucks, to I suck, to my post sucked....... No it seems like a good idea? I stand by what I posted way back when - he would be a great addition - a star quality fan draw too.