dallas wouldn't take sweed

i know that every team has a particular need, and some might have certain players valued differently, but in this ESPN article it states that people believe Sweed won't be considered for the Cowboys at 22. This could mean nothing at all with concern to us, however, could this be a small indication that teams are not valuing these WR's as high as some think? I have been all for drafting a WR, but as more time has gone on, it looks like guys like Thomas, Sweed, or Hardy might be there in the 2nd round. My initial reason to draft one in the 1st was to get one of the top 4 receivers. We still might be able to do that in the 2nd.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3305086

Despite what other mock draft "experts" are writing, the Cowboys desperately need help at receiver. When Terrell Owens wasn't at full speed because of an ankle sprain and Patrick Crayton wasn't ready for prime time, the Cowboys faltered in a playoff loss to the Giants. T.O. remains in peak physical condition, but the Cowboys must start planning for a future without him. Right now, the Cowboys are exploring trades for stars such as Chad Johnson and Anquan Boldin, but it won't happen.

Shortly after the release of my second mock, league sources strongly hinted that Sweed wasn't the guy at No. 22. Unless they trade down, there's a good chance the Cowboys will choose between Stewart and Arkansas running back Felix Jones at that spot. I would take Stewart even though he may be out four to six months following toe surgery. Jones could be a solid complement to Marion Barber, but Stewart is a home run back. I still believe that he'll have a better pro career than Darren McFadden. (Take a second to write that bold prediction down.)

i know that every team has a particular need, and some might have certain players valued differently, but in this ESPN article it states that people believe Sweed won't be considered for the Cowboys at 22. This could mean nothing at all with concern to us, however, could this be a small indication that teams are not valuing these WR's as high as some think? I have been all for drafting a WR, but as more time has gone on, it looks like guys like Thomas, Sweed, or Hardy might be there in the 2nd round. My initial reason to draft one in the 1st was to get one of the top 4 receivers. We still might be able to do that in the 2nd.

Despite what other mock draft "experts" are writing, the Cowboys desperately need help at receiver. When Terrell Owens wasn't at full speed because of an ankle sprain and Patrick Crayton wasn't ready for prime time, the Cowboys faltered in a playoff loss to the Giants. T.O. remains in peak physical condition, but the Cowboys must start planning for a future without him. Right now, the Cowboys are exploring trades for stars such as Chad Johnson and Anquan Boldin, but it won't happen.

Shortly after the release of my second mock, league sources strongly hinted that Sweed wasn't the guy at No. 22. Unless they trade down, there's a good chance the Cowboys will choose between Stewart and Arkansas running back Felix Jones at that spot. I would take Stewart even though he may be out four to six months following toe surgery. Jones could be a solid complement to Marion Barber, but Stewart is a home run back. I still believe that he'll have a better pro career than Darren McFadden. (Take a second to write that bold prediction down.)

DraftTek has Dallas taking Mendenhall at #22, and then Hardy with their #28. Sweed went off the board at #24 to Tennessee and Stewart at #26 to Jacksonville, likely our nemesis for playoff consideration.

Why are we not exploring trades for Chad Johnson? Can you imagine our offense with him and Evans. I might actually get excited for next year. Worth our first rounder.

Because he's a cancer in the dressing room. And why the hell would you give up a first when the price is going to be nowhere near that? You trying to outstupid Al Davis?

With the exception of the first pick of the draft I would give 0 credibility to any official report coming from any of the 32 teams in the league as to who they will take or not take.

Mis information rules the day, and it should. I give no credibility to the visits. Many players get drafted without interviewing for a team at all.

The Draftniks are more credible at this time than the teams. If you were a GM or a scout and your drafting 11 why on earth would you tell anyone about your draft board?

The Cowboys have OWENS & CRAYTON & they desperately need help at receiver????????? You have got to be KIDDING. If they are desperate for help at receiver, the Bills are in REAL DEEP DO DO....... By the way I glanced @ Sporting news Draft issue & they didn't have Sweed going until the 3rd round.

Why are we not exploring trades for Chad Johnson? Can you imagine our offense with him and Evans. I might actually get excited for next year. Worth our first rounder.

Just stop. I would direct you to one of the many Johnson threads, but they were lost in the crash. Probably better off.

Astrobot you may know this, but when do we find out what Compensatory picks we get?

I saw that you have a second 4th and a third 7th. Do you know something we all dont!? Haha

I believe we'll find out Monday or Tuesday next week.

By the way I glanced @ Sporting news Draft issue & they didn't have Sweed going until the 3rd round.

That mag is written well before the combine and pro days, making it essentially useless for judging where a player will go.

Johnson doesn't have the size Dick wants.

Sorry, had to :)