2DeSean Jackson -

4Limas Sweed -

5James Hardy -

6Early Doucet -

Here's what's left of WR's on my Value Board for Round 2:

7Manningham -

8Caldwell -

9Lavelle Hawkins -

I would grab Jordy Nelson as high as round two.

He hasn't been projected to go in the second by anybody since he blew the combine up. This guy is Plaxico Burress, but faster and less injury prone. I'd be very happy with Either Malcolm Kelly, Limus Sweed, or James Hardy. Its just that Hardy seems to me like the guy that everyone is gonna regret not drafting.

I agree, Hardy seems to be a future #1 receiver not just a #2, which would do wonders for the Bills offense. I think other teams realize this as well and there is noway he last to the second round. I also don't think he will be around if we trade back with Dallas.

Since the hard drive issue has removed the last 100 times I've said this, I will say for the FIRST TIME EVER:

Draft the most football value you can in the draft. That means something like the best player available or the most useful of several similar players. And do it based on what kind of contribution you expect over five years. Filling specific holes is a bad situation to be in. Sometimes it works out well like last year, sometimes it bombs. I think last year you could make a case that both of our picks were the best players available when we picked them. If we can find a way for it to be a big tall WR I love that idea, but if we are going to get more 5 year value out of a DT, out of a CB, out of a DE, out of a TE then we make that move.

The thing is, over a five year window there will be a lot of player movement and your needs will change. If you have taken an inferior player because you think you need him more in 2008, you are often giving up too much. I'm not saying we should take a RB or QB, but the draft should be more wide open to who we think will give the best contribution and football impact over five years as a football player, not as a patch for a flawed team.

Strongly agree.

By our RD#2 pick, these are gone:

1Devin Thomas -

3Malcolm Kelly -

2DeSean Jackson -

4Limas Sweed -

5James Hardy -

6Early Doucet -

Here's what's left of WR's on my Value Board for Round 2:

7Manningham -

8Caldwell -

9Lavelle Hawkins -

your value chart left off Earl Bennett who will fill the WR#2 role just fine- with upside to boot.

Since the hard drive issue has removed the last 100 times I've said this, I will say for the FIRST TIME EVER:

Draft the most football value you can in the draft. That means something like the best player available or the most useful of several similar players. And do it based on what kind of contribution you expect over five years. Filling specific holes is a bad situation to be in. Sometimes it works out well like last year, sometimes it bombs. I think last year you could make a case that both of our picks were the best players available when we picked them. If we can find a way for it to be a big tall WR I love that idea, but if we are going to get more 5 year value out of a DT, out of a CB, out of a DE, out of a TE then we make that move.

The thing is, over a five year window there will be a lot of player movement and your needs will change. If you have taken an inferior player because you think you need him more in 2008, you are often giving up too much. I'm not saying we should take a RB or QB, but the draft should be more wide open to who we think will give the best contribution and football impact over five years as a football player, not as a patch for a flawed team.

So are you saying that all of those 5 receivers aren't worthy of the pick. Last time I check they were all rated to go in the first round (Kelly, Thomas, Sweed, Jackson, Hardy). I would be happy with any of those guys.

Caldwell sounds like a perfect fit as a #2 WR. We have Evans and Roscoe to stretch the field. We need a move the chains type WR who can consistently get open when its 3rd and 10. Good value in 2nd or 3rd round after we take a CB or DE at #11 overall. Check out the writeup..

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...recaldwell.html

What is the #1 thing that the Bills need right now: A legitamite offense.

What would help that offense the most right now: A legitamite #2 reciever.

What pick do the Bills have in this draft to fix that glaring hole? #11.

So... the logical thing to do would be pick the best wide reciever available at #11...

"But, but... why not wait until the second round and see who's there!?" Why? The point of having a high draft pick is so that you can get whatever player you want and need that hasn't been taken yet.

I don't think people understand that on this board.... I should've put this in the we will NOT draft a WR thread but I'm just running circles in my head here.

I disagree. The Bills were horrendous on both sides of the ball last year. We were at the bottom in almost every category. The Mitchell, Stroud and S. Johnson pickups give us a boost on the defensive side of the ball, but we are far from finished.

The real point of the draft is to get the most out of every pick you have. Just because you want a guy, doesn't mean you take him earlier than you need to. You take who you think is the best fit and value for your team.

The way I see it, we need a CB, WR and DE. The point is to take the best available of these three in the first 3 rounds. If the best pick at #11 just happens to be Derrick Harvey...go for it. When round 2 rolls around, you do the same thing.

Last year was a perfect example of how to draft. Our biggest needs were Running back and Linebacker. I truly believe that we draft Patrick Willis if San Fran doesn't get him first. Then we grab a running back in round 2. As we all know, we missed out on our first option, so we went to plan B and picked up Marshawn. Then we used our extra picks to move up and grab another high value pick with Poz. Same goes for Edwards in round 3. Did they really think that we needed to use a 3rd rounder on a QB, or was he just too good to pass up in that spot. I think it was the latter.

Caldwell sounds like a perfect fit as a #2 WR. We have Evans and Roscoe to stretch the field. We need a move the chains type WR who can consistently get open when its 3rd and 10. Good value in 2nd or 3rd round after we take a CB or DE at #11 overall. Check out the writeup..

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...recaldwell.html

Florida receivers never do well in the NFL. IMO there's no way that Caldwell is the answer for us at #2.

I disagree. The Bills were horrendous on both sides of the ball last year. We were at the bottom in almost every category. The Mitchell, Stroud and S. Johnson pickups give us a boost on the defensive side of the ball, but we are far from finished.

The real point of the draft is to get the most out of every pick you have. Just because you want a guy, doesn't mean you take him earlier than you need to. You take who you think is the best fit and value for your team.

The way I see it, we need a CB, WR and DE. The point is to take the best available of these three in the first 3 rounds. If the best pick at #11 just happens to be Derrick Harvey...go for it. When round 2 rolls around, you do the same thing.

Last year was a perfect example of how to draft. Our biggest needs were Running back and Linebacker. I truly believe that we draft Patrick Willis if San Fran doesn't get him first. Then we grab a running back in round 2. As we all know, we missed out on our first option, so we went to plan B and picked up Marshawn. Then we used our extra picks to move up and grab another high value pick with Poz. Same goes for Edwards in round 3. Did they really think that we needed to use a 3rd rounder on a QB, or was he just too good to pass up in that spot. I think it was the latter.

I agree with almost everything you said. The only thing I see different is the Bills Needs. In my opinion they are in order: WR, TE, WR, FB, interior OL (future center), CB depth, LB depth, and OT depth

I would draft in that order