Seems (to me) like Losman's Staying

The Bills have had no talks with FA QBs as far as I have seen, I am having a hard time thinking of a place that needs a potential starting QB, and it would make little sense to rely on a rookie to back up a 2d year player like Edwards.

Yet I cannot understand this. I don't think Losman wants to be here anymore (not that I blame him) and am not sure that it would best for the team to keep him around.

Am I missing something?

I don't think you are missing anything. No team is gonna give us a pick valuable enough to give away a QB who knows our personel and there is nobody out there as good or better. Also, no matter what some say, even though Losman may want out, he has NEVER shown that he isn't a team player and would cause a ruckus in the locker room. He will lay low and get an oppurtunity sooner or later here or somewhere else.

I don't think you are missing anything. No team is gonna give us a pick valuable enough to give away a QB who knows our personel and there is nobody out there as good or better. Also, no matter what some say, even though Losman may want out, he has NEVER shown that he isn't a team player and would cause a ruckus in the locker room. He will lay low and get an oppurtunity sooner or later here or somewhere else.

Is Losman big enough to go to OTAs? I thought his agent intimated that he would hold out this season if need be.

i think its fine. i dnt think he'll be a problem. i think the biggest and ONLY problem will be amongst the fans if trent doesnt have an all-pro season.

but i think JP will be fine. Im sure the Bills shopped him around, probably half-assly, but at least they can say to him "we TRIED to trade you but nobody would give us (insert draft pick) for you. and youre worth more to us than a lesser pick."

i think he'll be fine and the team will be fine.

Signing a backup QB tells everyone interested that JP is moving and thus lowers his trade value. A vet back up can be added after JP is dealt. I believe He will be moved if possible to get something for him, rather than just letting him walk next year.

What vets are left that are worthy back-ups?

Signing a backup QB tells everyone interested that JP is moving and thus lowers his trade value. A vet back up can be added after JP is dealt. I believe He will be moved if possible to get something for him, rather than just letting him walk next year.

Good take. I very sincerely hope this is the case. Going into next season I honestly would feel most comfortable with JP as the backup, IF he wanted to play for the team. But I don't want anyone playing for our team who doesn't want to, so I hope JP gets moved and we get someone capable of winning games. I don't know if Tredwards will make it through the whole season entirely healthy.

Agreed. Losman has requested for a trade but has also mentioned that if nothing works out, he will play out the season as a buffalo bill. JP is a team player and also knows that he can get back the starting position as Edwards is probably injury prone considering his college career and limited pro-career.

I'm thinking that the Bills may feel comfortable with Hamden. If nothing happens before/during the draft in terms of moving Losman and we draft a QB in the mid-to-late rds like Kevin O'Connell or Matt Flynn, then I would suspect that the Bills will stuff him in a trade for alot less than we would like it to be. If this were to happen then I would rather have it be for a player versus a future pick.

The Bills have had no talks with FA QBs as far as I have seen, I am having a hard time thinking of a place that needs a potential starting QB, and it would make little sense to rely on a rookie to back up a 2d year player like Edwards.

Yet I cannot understand this. I don't think Losman wants to be here anymore (not that I blame him) and am not sure that it would best for the team to keep him around.

Am I missing something?

I don't think he's going anywhere. If Edwards gets hurt and the team ends up going down in flames, Jauron will pay, with either a loss of power or his job. Even if he did save his job, he'd have one foot out the door after yet another losing season. Losman provides Jauron the best chance of avoiding such an outcome if Edwards were to get hurt. The irrational hate for Losman by some fans shouldn't be a factor unless Dick wants a seat next to them in 2009.

Signing a backup QB tells everyone interested that JP is moving and thus lowers his trade value. A vet back up can be added after JP is dealt.

A backup QB who holds out is risking taking a shot from a fellow player in camp who resents getting beat up and unintentially hits him too hard. He also would look inept in preseason which is when he needs to shine. I do not think Losman will hold out.