Gov. Richardson endorses Obama

Link

Nice endorsement for Obama. Though, I wish he would have done it earlier.

Richardson had Bill Clinton over to his house to watch The Super Bowl.

Bill was seeking his endorsement for Billary.

When Richardson wouldn't commit, Bill reportedly replied:

"What, isn't two cabinet position appointments enough for you?"

Link

Nice endorsement for Obama. Though, I wish he would have done it earlier.

Richardson had Bill Clinton over to his house to watch The Super Bowl.

Bill was seeking his endorsement for Billary.

When Richardson wouldn't commit, Bill reportedly replied:

"What, isn't two cabinet position appointments enough for you?"

You forgot: "Bill would you shut the !@#$ up! The !@#$ing bastard Pats are about to go 18-1 baby!!!!!!!"

You forgot: "Bill would you shut the !@#$ up! The !@#$ing bastard Pats are about to go 18-1 baby!!!!!!!"

Bill obviously felt that Bellichick didn't do anything wrong. :thumbsup:

I don't put much stock in endorsements, and I doubt this helps him very much, although it could with a small number of Hispanics. I did, however, always think that Richardson had the best experience and was the most prepared of all the Presidential candidates. He's a very smart guy.

I did, however, always think that Richardson had the best experience and was the most prepared of all the Presidential candidates. He's a very smart guy.

Wow, something we actually agree on.

BR was my #2 choice for Prez. A distant 2nd behind Ron Paul, but still somebody I thought would have made a good Prez

I don't put much stock in endorsements, and I doubt this helps him very much, although it could with a small number of Hispanics. I did, however, always think that Richardson had the best experience and was the most prepared of all the Presidential candidates. He's a very smart guy.

I really like the endoresment for Obama.

Richardson has been a strong ally of The Clintons and I think he has considerable "insider' clout that

should only help Obama accumulate a few more super delegates.

Personally, I'm a a big supporter of Obama, and can't wait to see The Clintons get the hook off the national stage.

I think both The Democratic party and The United States will be better off.

Time to move forward.

Richardson has been angling for the VP slot... probably was from the start. Stayed on the hedge until now, hoping that he could be a kingmaker for whichever was ahead. He's played his card for Obama and it'll be interesting to see how much cachet he brings.

BR would be a solid VP choice for Obama.

I disagree with your take on endorsements. Because people in this country are lemmings who cannot think for themselves they need people they've heard of tell them what to do.

I disagree with your take on endorsements. Because people in this country are lemmings who cannot think for themselves they need people they've heard of tell them what to do.

Which is why celebrity endorsements for consumer products, etc are so popular....

Outside of a few endorsements, typically there isn't much effect from them, outside of credibility.

Outside of a few endorsements, typically there isn't much effect from them, outside of credibility.

And you're basing this on what? If they're is so little effect on them why do large corporations pay boatloads of money to do so? And why do all politicians scramble to get them?

I agree that with the general public it might not make a big impact.

But Richardson has cultivated numerous political connections through his years inside The Clinton administration and outside of it.

The Clintons were swarming over Richardson(to get his endorsement) in realization of this, it's a coup for Obama,

and its positive effect will be very important behind the scenes IMHO.

And you're basing this on what? If they're is so little effect on them why do large corporations pay boatloads of money to do so? And why do all politicians scramble to get them?

Basing it on the research I've read during my undergrad.

Candidates like endorsements because its free publicity, the same way getting on a media television show is free publicity.

The value of endorsements are in the way that the candidate uses them. For example, in a Texas commercial, the Obama camp claimed that he had more credibility as a leader, then used all of the major Texas newspapers that endorsed him as proof.

Richardson's endorsement might help during the general election in that state, if he uses specific advertising for it.

Most endorsements, however, do not have much effect for a couple of reasons:

1.) They are forgotten quickly.

2.) They are said once, then not repeated (for the most part).

3.) Other sources of information are generally more important to voters: commercials, news broadcasts, etc.

Of course, there are exceptions, and the big exceptions are extremely large companies with lots and lots of employees, national news media, and unions/interest groups.

Basing it on the research I've read during my undergrad.

Candidates like endorsements because its free publicity, the same way getting on a media television show is free publicity.

The value of endorsements are in the way that the candidate uses them. For example, in a Texas commercial, the Obama camp claimed that he had more credibility as a leader, then used all of the major Texas newspapers that endorsed him as proof.

Richardson's endorsement might help during the general election in that state, if he uses specific advertising for it.

Most endorsements, however, do not have much effect for a couple of reasons:

1.) They are forgotten quickly.

2.) They are said once, then not repeated (for the most part).

3.) Other sources of information are generally more important to voters: commercials, news broadcasts, etc.

Of course, there are exceptions, and the big exceptions are extremely large companies with lots and lots of employees, national news media, and unions/interest groups.

I think you have valid points, but are missing out on some aspects of an endorsement.

For example, Ted Kennedy's endorsement of Obama.

Besides handing "The Kennedy batan" to Obama which IS important to some people.

Kennedy is universally considered to be one of the main power brokers of The Senate, with a proven ability to reach across the aisle to work with Republicans and get things done.

He has a huge staff of talented and connected advisors who he has put at Obamas disposal.(strategizing,consulting etc.)

Kennedy has also actively campaigned in area around the country where The Kennedy name still has magic and influence.

Finally, with need to rack up super delegates being so important this year, I feel highly visible endorsements from power brokers like Kennedy and Richardson will help tilt other super delegates to the side of their candidate.

I think you have valid points, but are missing out on some aspects of an endorsement.

Kennedy is universally considered to be one of the main power brokers of The Senate, with a proven ability to reach across the aisle to work with Republicans and get things done.

He has a huge staff of talented and connected advisors who he has put at Obamas disposal.(strategizing,consulting etc.)

Kennedy has also actively campaigned in area around the country where The Kennedy name still has magic and influence.

Finally, with need to rack up super delegates being so important this year, I feel highly visible endorsements from power brokers like Kennedy and Richardson will help tilt other super delegates to the side of their candidate.

I think you have Kennedy DNA in your mouth. :lol:

And with all that Kennedy influence.... Obama lost in Massachusetts. :lol: