Wayne Davis

KRC

ALS. Hmmm. Several NFL alumni have succumbed to, or are fighting, the same disease. Steve Smith, former Penn State/Oakland Raiders FB, is one.

And again, I wonder what their rate of occurrence is compared to the general public's, and whether playing professional football could have been a causative factor.

R.I.P., Wayne.

ALS. Hmmm. Several NFL alumni have succumbed to, or are fighting, the same disease. Steve Smith, former Penn State/Oakland Raiders FB, is one.

And again, I wonder what their rate of occurrence is compared to the general public's, and whether playing professional football could have been a causative factor.

R.I.P., Wayne.

Doesn't seem to be a correlation yet...

http://www.alscenter.org/about_als/causes.cfm

R.I.P., Wayne.

I have an older brother-in-law, Mario (who's over in Europe as I write this) that was diagnosed with ALS late last summer, early fall. He and my sister-in-law were back in the States visiting in February and it was absolutely heart breaking to see how fare he's begun to fail since they were back a year ago previous, also in February. He's in France trying some experimental bee sting therapy and on a few drugs that attempt to slow the progression. It isn't fair as my brother-in-law (born in Italy, raised in the South of France, and havining had lived in the USA, Brazil, Argentina, Portugal and now in Spain) is an absolutely great guy....it really sucks.

He had a restaurant in southern Spain for the last 8 years, but had to sell it in December because he could no longer keep up with the demands it made on him.