Do We Draft 2 Recievers Now?

With the ridiculous contracts for Berrian and Walker..the alleged stare down with Bryant Johnson..and just the lack of decent big recievers in free agency, do the bills draft 2 recievers that make an impact this season? or do we draft 1? draft a tightend...and maybe somebody gets cut june 1st...thoughts?

Yes we do without a doubt. This is a very deep draft for WR, and there are some hidden gems that can be had in the lower rounds

We need a WR and TE desperately, but we need to improve our WR's. We need tall red zone targets to compliment the speed of Evans and Parrish.

Reed is a good blocker and a rock steady #3 WR, but our WR corps are in desperate need for an upgrade.

With the ridiculous contracts for Berrian and Walker..the alleged stare down with Bryant Johnson..and just the lack of decent big recievers in free agency, do the bills draft 2 recievers that make an impact this season? or do we draft 1? draft a tightend...and maybe somebody gets cut june 1st...thoughts?

Man do I hope so! How about a trade down with Dallas? Somehow getting their first two picks, and then draft james hardy and mario manningham. Then take the best Te available like a Martellus Bennett, Fred Davis, or Dustin Keller in rd 2... That would be awesome!!!! :)

Yes we do without a doubt. This is a very deep draft for WR, and there are some hidden gems that can be had in the lower rounds

We need a WR and TE desperately, but we need to improve our WR's. We need tall red zone targets to compliment the speed of Evans and Parrish.

Reed is a good blocker and a rock steady #3 WR, but our WR corps are in desperate need for an upgrade.

I'd prefer that Reed becomes our #4, where he could become a threat, and that Parrish becomes nothing more than a return man

Man do I hope so! How about a trade down with Dallas? Somehow getting their first two picks, and then draft james hardy and mario manningham. Then take the best Te available like a Martellus Bennett, Fred Davis, or Dustin Keller in rd 2... That would be awesome!!!! :)

That works for me...i'd take hardy before manningham though. his freakish size is intriuging

I don't think it's a necessity. I think Justin Jenkins has some potential, and he's probably better than anyone we'd take round 5 or later.

Guys I'd Rather Have After Round 5 than Justin Jenkins

Round 5

Keenan Burton WR - Ky 6'1,201,4.4

Round 6

Mario Urrutia - WR Louisville, 6'6", 232, 4.5

Round 7

Marcus Monk - AK 6'4,222,4.5

Marcus Smith, NM, 6'2,221,4.5

Micah Rucker, WR - E Illinois, 6'6 217, 4.4

Chaz Shilens WR - SanDiego State, 6'4,208,4.3

Ernie Wheelright, WR- Minnesota, 6'5,215,4.5

Bruce Hocker,Duquesne,6'3,206,4.5,

Mark Bradford, Stanford,6'1",211,4.6 (Trent's target)

Justin Harper VaTech,6'4,213,4.5

Round 5

Round 6

Round 7

I went back and checked out the archives on NFL Draft Countdown. In 2004, they ranked him the 19th best WR coming out. He was ranked ahead of some familiar names (Jerricho Cotchery, Darrius Watts, Drew Carter, DJ Hackett, and our own George Wilson).

Jenkins has shown he can fill Sam Aiken's void on special teams. He will also be given an opportunity to get some more plays with the offense.

I think a roster spot is better served going to Jenkins than taking a flyer on a late round pick (players you've mentioned) and hoping he can makes plays on special teams. To me, it just seems like Jenkins would be a better option for right now.

I went back and checked out the archives on NFL Draft Countdown. In 2004, they ranked him the 19th best WR coming out. He was ranked ahead of some familiar names (Jerricho Cotchery, Darrius Watts, Drew Carter, DJ Hackett, and our own George Wilson).

Jenkins has shown he can fill Sam Aiken's void on special teams. He will also be given an opportunity to get some more plays with the offense.

I think a roster spot is better served going to Jenkins than taking a flyer on a late round pick (players you've mentioned) and hoping he can makes plays on special teams. To me, it just seems like Jenkins would be a better option for right now.

Good find on Jenkins--you're right. I imagine they will have about 10-11 WR's in here during minicamps for 6 positions and 2 PS players. They deep-sixed Aiken and Price (that's 2). I think they take 2 in the draft (say, Malcolm Kelly and Keenan Burton). That's 8 competing for 6 positions.

Evans

Reed

Parrish

Jenkins

Huggins

Mayle

Then they will take 2-3 WR's in UDFA from the bottom of my list and some I didn't mention.

Round 5

Round 6

Round 7

who do you like as sleepers amongst these guys? Don't you think that the guys with great size speed ratio would have more value based on the direction of most NFL offenses? I'd think that the real steals are gonna be a smaller great route running wrs... I'm thinking that a lot of teams are gonna be taking rd 4-6 flyers on a lot of the guys you have listed in rd 7. I like your draft stuff. But if these guys are that tall and that fast, I have a hard time believing they will be waiting this long to be drafted. Especially with the Lack of quality special teams play across the nfl, combined with more tall reciever role players being utilized in the red zone.

if we want an impact WR for 2007, the free agent boat left the dock a while ago.

the best you can hope for is to draft a project that is smart enough to learn the playbook.

If they draft two(especially if one is drafted early), I dont think JR makes this team. Reason being besides not liking him, is Evans and Parrish are a given to make this team. the guy you pick early makes it, that leaves two spots. If the one you pick late shows any kind of promise Reed would be demoted to the 5th reciever with no ST ability. My whole point is that if you pick two I think you will actually see three new faces, whether its Jenkins or another FA or RFA.

I'd like to draft both a big WR and a pass catching TE

Both good ideas if they come with a head coach and a QB that has any clue how to use them. Trent Edwards is Buffalo's version of John Shoop. Only difference is that one guy called the plays and the other guy runs them. Either way, they march to DJ's drum which barely makes a beat.

While im up in the air about the Tightend spot on this team, I still think Buffalo drafts 2 big WR's this draft. I think CB is set for now, whos to say when June 1st cuts dont come around Buffalo might be able to get a solid CB then aswell.

If Buffalo is still looking at a TE, I want Keller to tandem with Evans and possibly Kelly, Sweed.........