If the Tuna can't trade out or doesn't want to pay #1 pick

If that would be the scenario then that wouldn't be a bad option. He could even slide to the 3rd spot and be in an even better position to trade back further. That would also be a great counter move on old RubberFace (Jerry Jones). I'd love to see him sweat about McFadden.

could you explain further?..are you saying he can say "I dont wanna pick yet" and let another team pick b4 him?

Yes, they can let the time run out on their pick, and then the next team is able to choose. Essentially, they are saying "pass" on the first choice and they slide in to the #2 slot and so on, until they can get a trade partner.

Yes, they can let the time run out on their pick, and then the next team is able to choose. Essentially, they are saying "pass" on the first choice and they slide in to the #2 slot and so on, until they can get a trade partner.

ok so when they actually do pick its still considered pick #1 so they still have to pay #1 money right or no?

could any pick do this?...what if Bills did this and waited till like pick 14 to pick? dose it help any at all?

ok so when they actually do pick its still considered pick #1 so they still have to pay #1 money right or no?

could any pick do this?...what if Bills did this and waited till like pick 14 to pick? dose it help any at all?

They can let the clock run out and drop to the next slot. If I'm not mistaken they can do this twice, which would drop them to the #3 pick. If they were to do it a third time then they automaticly go to the back of that rd.

no, the next team would essentially "steal" the #1 pick

I was under the impression that if the clock ran out and you didn't get your selection in you simply lost that pick. If what you're saying is true tipster, wouldn't it be too easy to manipulate the order so you could get the player you want and not spend the mega bucks it takes for the #1 pick? Sounds off to me...

this happened with the vikes/ravens a few years ago, right?

Yes, but I truly believe that the Vikes were boneheads and didn't do it deliberately.

I was under the impression that if the clock ran out and you didn't get your selection in you simply lost that pick. If what you're saying is true tipster, wouldn't it be too easy to manipulate the order so you could get the player you want and not spend the mega bucks it takes for the #1 pick? Sounds off to me...

No, you don't lose your pick, you simply slide a slot. While a draft hasn't been manipulated before that doesn't mean it couldn't be. I wouldn't put nothing past Parcells or any of his cronies. *See Belichick.

You don't lose your pick, but you could end up at a huge loss.

What happens is, if the time runs out, they can still make their pick at any time they wish. But, the #2 selection can also choose, and once they do, #3 can choose, and so on. What happened a few years ago was once the Vikings passed, teams began to line up at the table and rush picks in, and the whole thing can be a huge mess. If other teams get their picks in before you, you can end up screwed.

OK, a few years ago is when it happened with Minnesota. They did not get their pick in. Jacksonville skipped them and took Leftwich. Carolina skipped them and picked Gross. Then Minnesota made their pick of Kevin Williams.

This won't work the same way with the first overall pick. Could they? Yeah, they COULD. But they won't. The backlash would be huge. The NFL would frown upon it big time. It just won't happen.

OK, a few years ago is when it happened with Minnesota. They did not get their pick in. Jacksonville skipped them and took Leftwich. Carolina skipped them and picked Gross. Then Minnesota made their pick of Kevin Williams.

This won't work the same way with the first overall pick. Could they? Yeah, they COULD. But they won't. The backlash would be huge. The NFL would frown upon it big time. It just won't happen.

if they hardly do anything to you for cheating what could they do for this?? :thumbsup:

If that would be the scenario then that wouldn't be a bad option. He could even slide to the 3rd spot and be in an even better position to trade back further. That would also be a great counter move on old RubberFace (Jerry Jones). I'd love to see him sweat about McFadden.

Surely you meant abstain in the subtitle, as opposed to sustain. :thumbsup: