Just returned from oncologist

Campy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news, Chris!!!

Thank you for keeping us informaed of your progress and thank you for the wonderful PM. No need to thank me. You did all of the work.

Many beers will be raised to your great news.

-KRC (Sammavaca)

You know it's a good sign when your oncologist walks into the room with test results in his hand and tells you "It's just short of miraculous." ;)

As of today, and after several tests, there is "no clinical evidence" that I have cancer. While my prognosis was nowhere close to "dead tomorrow," I had been told to expect to live the rest of my life with cancer, and the rest of my life was only as long as the cancer avoided making a bee-line through my sinuses to my brain.

So while my oncologist cannot declare me "cancer-free" just yet (that'll take a few years of "no clinical evidence"), it's safe to say I'm pretty stoked and I wanted to share the news with you guys - especially the old school TBD tailgaters like GG, Rockpile, AiO, #89, cable, RRich, Mark VI, sammavaca, Jay, RichNJoisey, SDS, Glenn, and stuckincincy (not technically an old school TBD tailgater, but he did invent tailgating when he cracked open a flask of wine while sitting on the back of his chariot outside of the Circus Maximus.) :lol:

I know by listing names that I've left people out. That stems more from tailgate-induced memory lapses than a lack of appreciation for your good vibes, happy thoughts, or prayers. If I left your name out, please forgive my oversight.

If you're planning on having an age-appropriate beverage this weekend, raise your drink to me knowing that I'll be doing the same for you - we'll celebrate together!

Slainte'! :cry:

Cool! Congrats. I'll drink a beer in your honor.

You know it's a good sign when your oncologist walks into the room with test results in his hand and tells you "It's just short of miraculous." :cry:

As of today, and after several tests, there is "no clinical evidence" that I have cancer. While my prognosis was nowhere close to "dead tomorrow," I had been told to expect to live the rest of my life with cancer, and the rest of my life was only as long as the cancer avoided making a bee-line through my sinuses to my brain.

So while my oncologist cannot declare me "cancer-free" just yet (that'll take a few years of "no clinical evidence"), it's safe to say I'm pretty stoked and I wanted to share the news with you guys - especially the old school TBD tailgaters like GG, Rockpile, AiO, #89, cable, RRich, Mark VI, sammavaca, Jay, RichNJoisey, SDS, Glenn, and stuckincincy (not technically an old school TBD tailgater, but he did invent tailgating when he cracked open a flask of wine while sitting on the back of his chariot outside of the Circus Maximus.) :thumbsup:

I know by listing names that I've left people out. That stems more from tailgate-induced memory lapses than a lack of appreciation for your good vibes, happy thoughts, or prayers. If I left your name out, please forgive my oversight.

If you're planning on having an age-appropriate beverage this weekend, raise your drink to me knowing that I'll be doing the same for you - we'll celebrate together!

Slainte'! :lol:

Great news!! congrats. I tip one back for you tonight. ;)

Generically it's chemo, more specifically, it's called immunotherapy. The cocktail I was taking (past tense!) was actually developed back home at Roswell. My oncologist told me as much a couple of years back when I wore a Bills hat for one of my first infusions (the diplomatic term for being hooked up to a chemo bag for 8 hours at a time).

He also told me that "the guy who owns the Bills" directly funded the research. Ironic, no?

Guess we should stop bashing Ralphie !

To SilverNRed: I just caught your sig line. As I've been celebrating the good news about my Lymphoma, I thought it appropriate to throw a few ducats toward your event. Good luck!

Thanks, buddy. I stopped drinking beer while I've been training, but I'll throw one back for you when I'm done. ;)

This is the best thread we've had on this board in ages.