Trade scenario I like

Got_Wood

Trade our #11 pick, JP Losman, and a 5th round pick to Minnesota for their #17 pick and #47 pick.

Then pickup Trent Dilfer as an experienced backup.

Select Kelly/Sweed/D. Thomas at #17, Fred Davis at #41, then Flowers/Smith/T. Thomas at #47.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trade our #11 pick, JP Losman, and a 5th round pick to Minnesota for their #17 pick and #47 pick.

Select Kelly/Sweed/D. Thomas at #17, Fred Davis at #41, then Flowers/Smith/T. Thomas at #47.

According to the trade chart, that would value JP as a high 4th. I'd hold out for more. At the very least, keep our fifth.

I'm done witht he JP experiment. He had his chance here, let's move on.

It's Edwards turn now. This is HIS year to prove to us he can lead this team and perform at a high level.

If he can't do it, then we go after a guy like Tim Tebow, Matt Stafford, or Chase Daniel in next year's draft.

No more in-betweeners or guys with "potential". This year doesn't work out, we go after a big name QB. But I like Edwards' chances. I've got a good feeling about him being successful.

He has? Do you honestly think JP has been given a fair chance? JP has been jerked around his whole career

When someone puts you in the spotlight - you had better shine. He was in the sunshine a lot. With just a little shimmer, no shine.

He has? Do you honestly think JP has been given a fair chance? JP has been jerked around his whole career

Regardless of whether he was given a "fair" chance while he was in Buffalo, the coaches cannot flip-flop on their decision again. They need to choose a leader and go with him. It is difficult for a QB to succeed when he is constantly looking over his shoulder.

So my answer to you is... it might be JP's fault, or it might be the coaching staff's fault for JP not being successful. Either way, they cannot waiver any longer. He might end up being a good quarterback, but it won't be here.

no thank you. JP is way better then Dilfer. JP has upside. Dilfer never had a strong arm. Do not trade JP unless we make out like bandits

What does that matter? he already said after next year he is done in Buffalo nayway. So if he comes in and has to step in for a game or 2 and shines, it does nothing for the Bills after next year.

I am a fan of his and even I think its time to just cut ties with him and let him go find a new team, the Front Office wants Trent as the starter, so go get another veteran QB to come in and be the backup

Who cares whether he has gotten a fair chance? He has gotten a lot better chance than a lot of other players. When he had the chance, he didn't perform. This is not affirmative action or middle school sports where everybody is supposed to win a prize. This is professional football. The Bills reached when they traded up for him, and they are paying for it now. They should have drafted one of the higher rated quarterbacks in that draft. Maybe with enough practice time he can be a starter like Todd Collins, but how long should we have to wait.

It is so important that the Bills win. They are a lot less likely to move if they can win a Super Bowl. Last season, he looked a lot like Rob Johnson.

What does that matter? he already said after next year he is done in Buffalo nayway. So if he comes in and has to step in for a game or 2 and shines, it does nothing for the Bills after next year.

I strongly agree with this. Losman's not going to take over the team, and we're not going to do better for him than a compensatory draft pick in 2010.

We have to figure out what we really expect from a backup quarterback. Our offense is set up right now to be good enough through the air to keep men out of the box and let our running game excel, while the defense and special teams keep them on the field. What our offense can't really work with is a quarterback who makes a lot of mistakes: Losman is a boom or bust QB. He can make great plays, but he also makes you bash your head against a wall sometimes. The Bills can't go from stable to risky when the quarterback goes down, they have to go from stable to simple. I don't like Losman or Quinn Gray in that regard, but is Byron Leftwich a free agent? He could work in a simple offense.

I strongly agree with this. Losman's not going to take over the team, and we're not going to do better for him than a compensatory draft pick in 2010.

We have to figure out what we really expect from a backup quarterback. Our offense is set up right now to be good enough through the air to keep men out of the box and let our running game excel, while the defense and special teams keep them on the field. What our offense can't really work with is a quarterback who makes a lot of mistakes: Losman is a boom or bust QB. He can make great plays, but he also makes you bash your head against a wall sometimes. The Bills can't go from stable to risky when the quarterback goes down, they have to go from stable to simple. I don't like Losman or Quinn Gray in that regard, but is Byron Leftwich a free agent? He could work in a simple offense.

I think he is still available, but is he healthy enough and would he last long if he needed to go in?

And as for the first point, even if Losman does do good enough and takes over the team while trent is out, is he going to want to re-sign in Buffalo, the team that has jerked him in and out of the lineup and has currently named trent the starter and not given him a chance to win his job back this offseason? Then what? we are back at square one.

Who cares whether he has gotten a fair chance? He has gotten a lot better chance than a lot of other players. When he had the chance, he didn't perform. This is not affirmative action or middle school sports where everybody is supposed to win a prize. This is professional football. The Bills reached when they traded up for him, and they are paying for it now. They should have drafted one of the higher rated quarterbacks in that draft. Maybe with enough practice time he can be a starter like Todd Collins, but how long should we have to wait.

It is so important that the Bills win. They are a lot less likely to move if they can win a Super Bowl. Last season, he looked a lot like Rob Johnson.

Sorry, but winning does not equate to stay or move.

Do you expect Edwards to not have growing pains? Do you want him gone if he can't be sprinkled with water and sprout into a pro bowl QB? Manning, Favre, Gerrard, McNair and many others took time. What we do this season is immaterial to whether we stick with him.

That is actually a bad deal for us, we would be giving up too much. Trading JP and our 1st to move down? lol. And not even moving down for 2 firsts. I like the idea of trading down and getting more picks, trust me, but that is too much to give up. Not to mention, Dilfer is not an adequate backup. I think Minnesota should give us #17 and #47 just to move up to our pick, AND you want to throw in JP and a 5th rounder? That is way too much IMO.

Okay, you just lost all credibility ;)

I'm done witht he JP experiment. He had his chance here, let's move on.

It's Edwards turn now. This is HIS year to prove to us he can lead this team and perform at a high level.

If he can't do it, then we go after a guy like Tim Tebow, Matt Stafford, or Chase Daniel in next year's draft.

No more in-betweeners or guys with "potential". This year doesn't work out, we go after a big name QB. But I like Edwards' chances. I've got a good feeling about him being successful.

Does anybody else see the irony in that statement? ;)