State Of The Bills

The fact that he said we need to upgrade at LT automatically discredits anything he says. We made 7-9 last year with a bunch of backup no names and a harder schedule than we have this year. Marshall Faulk probably read the sheet he was given by the network five minutes before the show started.

I am done ranting

And probably looked at the lineup of the game on week 17 against the Eagles, where Chambers started....Sure a no-name LT on the roster....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All anyone needs to know is Marshall Faulk is a tool and doesn't watch football.

Marshall Faulk analyzing football is like Bob Knight analyzing basketball.

Did anyone hear Knight tonight?

"Well, they're offense was good, and their defense was good. I don't know much about the Pac-10 but I think that Stanford and UCLA will make the tournament."

:thumbsup::angry:

Welcome to the dumbing down of America! I am of the opinion that ex athletes are valued WAY TOO MUCH by the media due to their alleged insider knowledge! Quite often, the problem stems from the fact three quarters of these "talking heads" are clueless and they try living off their past fame! It is a joke, to me, and the quicker they hire Syracuse or Michigan Grads that can string a sentence together, and have University level training to perform these tasks, I'm under the impression we all are in for more of the same numbing drivel.

Was on NFL Network last night . They went over our needs . Faulk said we need CB`s ,Te and O-lineman, center,and get this a LEFT TACKLE . Get a clue dude. They also went on to say we probably are drafting w-o Malcom Kelly. Mayock wasn`t sold on this kid,20 drops last year. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the dumbing down of America! I am of the opinion that ex athletes are valued WAY TOO MUCH by the media due to their alleged insider knowledge! Quite often, the problem stems from the fact three quarters of these "talking heads" are clueless and they try living off their past fame! It is a joke, to me, and the quicker they hire Syracuse or Michigan Grads that can string a sentence together, and have University level training to perform these tasks, I'm under the impression we all are in for more of the same numbing drivel.

Interestingly, I'm told Michigan no longer has a journalism department... but I digress. I had to watch the rerun of TA, just to see for myself if it was as bad as y'all were saying.

-Need a new left tackle: check

-Fairchild did a good job with Edwards: check

-Turk Scheiurnideuh putting in a new offense: check

Great running back. Expert analyst, not so much.

I was really looking forward to this episode, but man, it just pissed me off.

- OT? !@#$in uninformed talking head.

- a WR ive never heard of at #11? probubly the 1st WR taken in the draft... are you !@#$ing kidding me?

- Our OC leaving was a bad thing? i almost turned it off after this one.

they didnt even finish the highlights at the end, Evans catches the pass and runs for a TD, but they just showed him jumping.

also, I like the total access guy, but I think that even I could have read from the monitor with more excitment.

The ONLY thing they actually got right was saying that the bills need a TE.

I was excited to hear this report until Marshall Faulk opened his mouth - as soon as he proclaimed our need for a left tackle it was all over. I actually missed some Fox Business Network programming because of this!!??

At least Rich Eisen deserves some credit for calling out Faulk on his ridiculous preseason prediction that the Bills would be lucky to win 3 games last year.

All anyone needs to know is Marshall Faulk is a tool and doesn't watch football.

Marshall Faulk analyzing football is like Bob Knight analyzing basketball.

Did anyone hear Knight tonight?

"Well, they're offense was good, and their defense was good. I don't know much about the Pac-10 but I think that Stanford and UCLA will make the tournament."

:lol: :lol:

Knight was on Mike & Mike this morning and actually did good job of breaking down defenses in the Conf. tournament games. He thinks the Big East has the most quality teams and also emphasize defense.

Marshall Faulk obviously didn't do his homework on the Bills. Many of you already touched on his glaring mistakes in his assessment of the "state of the Bills". I'll take it even further.

Marshall Faulk failed to mention that although Turk Schonert is a new offensive coordinator, the terminology stays the the same. That will make for a smoother transition for TE and all the rest of the Bills on offense. He didn't even mention how keeping the Bills' promotions on the offensive coaching staff in-house can only help the Bills on offense next year.

Using the 49ers as an example was also a mistake. The talent on San Fran's offense is a lot worse than the offensive players on the Bills. Their offensive line was awful last year because of injuries to Jonas Jennings and Justin Smiley. On the other hand Buffalo gave up a team record 26 sacks last year. A struggling offensive line? I think not.

Faulk is one of the worst analysts on television. He's emmit smith minus the made up words. He doesn't know one thing about the bills. Apparantly success at running back does not translate to success in the broadcast booth.

it's amazing how much respect you can lose for a former player once you've heard him try to be an analyst.

Faulk is terrible. Very little homework, weak analysis, an views fueled by personal taste.

Way to go, NFL Network. Is Emmit next?