Cleveland or Pittsburgh?

Gotta Dream

Pittsburgh has the Carnegie Museum. Very Cool!

Yes, indeed. Also the Inclines going up Mount Washington. Beautiful vista; PGH is a stunning sight...the Mon and Allegheny forming the Ohio River.

One can take a ferry to the ballparks from the south bank of the Ohio, from IIRC Station Square, and old 2 story rail station converted to eateries and spiffy shops.

Yes, indeed. Also the Inclines going up Mount Washington. Beautiful vista; PGH is a stunning sight...the Mon and Allegheny forming the Ohio River.

One can take a ferry to the ballparks from the south bank of the Ohio, from IIRC Station Square, and old 2 story rail station converted to eateries and spiffy shops.

the "Mon"?

Is that a translation for I don't know how to spell "Monongahela"? :beer:

Also, I am not sure what the route # is, but coming into Pittsburgh through the Ft. Pitt Tunnel is one of the neatest experiences I have ever had while traveling. Yes....I am easily impressed, but there is something about going into a tunnel in the hills and coming out a tunnel and seeing a city skyline.

Is the Duquesne Incline the same thing as Mount Washington?? If so... :beer:

the "Mon"?

Is that a translation for I don't know how to spell "Monongahela"? :beer:

Also, I am not sure what the route # is, but coming into Pittsburgh through the Ft. Pitt Tunnel is one of the neatest experiences I have ever had while traveling. Yes....I am easily impressed, but there is something about going into a tunnel in the hills and coming out a tunnel and seeing a city skyline.

Is the Duquesne Incline the same thing as Mount Washington?? If so... :beer:

I forget exactly, but the Ft. Pitt Tunnel comes in from the west, following a steep, long downgrade. They built a gravel turn-off for runaway trucks, after a semi lost brakes, flew down the hill, through the tunnel and across the bridge and killed a couple of folks.

Another impressive night time sight is coming out of the Liberty Tubes that run through the base of Mount Washington . You turn off of Rt. 51 (Carson Street) to enter them.

There are two inclines. I don't recall the name of the other one. There is a light-rail trolley that runs from the southern well-to-do suburb of Mt. Lebanon and into the city.

For what it's worth, I was about 5 when my family took a vacation to Florida. I have seen pictures of all the "fun" we had. I don't remember one single thing about it. (And, for those who, rightly, want to point to my 45 years, since, of abuse to my brain cells, I say this...I didn't remember it when I was 15.)

Neither of these places is Disney. Both have amusement parks. The thrill of being on the road and seeing new/cool things should be plenty for a 5-year old. On the flip side, if a kid of 5 wants to be miserable, they can do that anywhere.

My advice is to go where YOU will have the best time. The best time a 5-year old can have is to be around happy parents, IMO.

Growing up about 100 miles from both Cleveland and Pittsburgh (and Buffalo), I'd have to say Cleveland is the better choice for a 5 year old

R&R HoF

Cedar Point

Seaworld

Pittsburgh has better night life than Cleveland (and Buffalo)

But Buffalo has the Bills and Sabres :thumbdown: