peter king today

??

Hutchison played for MN last year, and was as physically capable as ever. Moreover, McKinnie, while not as good as Jones, is as talented and actually a very strong player (although uneven on occasion, which is why he gets knocks). Birk is a better center than anyone the Seahawks have had in recent times. Re Taylor being close to Alexander, you've got to be kidding. Alexander in his prime hit the hole quicker, had *far* better vision, and possessed a second-tier burst as good as any RB in recent times.

Alexander has also benefitted from playing in perhaps teh worst defensive division in football his whole career, not to mention the right side of the vikes line last year was comparable to our own.

In light of what King has said about the 07 draft being a group of about 8 elite players and then the next tier, I'm beginning to believe Buffalo remains at 12 and takes Okoye or Willis. Should neither be there, you might see another reach, but I doubt anyone is going to trade up to 12. I'm not saying offers are out of the question, but the likelihood that there's a player at 12 that won't be there at 18-24 is not as great this year.

WR C. Johnson, DE G. Adams, QB Russell, RB Peterson, DT Okoye, FS Landry, OT J. Thomas, and DE J. Anderson seem to be the eight elite. After that it really is a crap-shoot to predict who goes.

King may talk about coffee too much, be seems to have enough sources to remain credible.

I would hold off on giving King all that credit. Every draft usually has about 10-12 blue chip players. In some years it might be just 5-6 players (like a couple of years ago, when the top teams were forced to pick RBs in the top 5), while in other years it might be 10-15....The rest of the 1st round picks are picks that are slightly better than their 2nd round counterparts. If you are in the writing profession for the last 25 years, you would have figured that out.

Just as not all those top picks will be players in the NFL for a long time, these 15-32 pick players have the same odds to make or break it in the NFL.

In light of what King has said about the 07 draft being a group of about 8 elite players and then the next tier, I'm beginning to believe Buffalo remains at 12 and takes Okoye or Willis. Should neither be there, you might see another reach, but I doubt anyone is going to trade up to 12. I'm not saying offers are out of the question, but the likelihood that there's a player at 12 that won't be there at 18-24 is not as great this year.

WR C. Johnson, DE G. Adams, QB Russell, RB Peterson, DT Okoye, FS Landry, OT J. Thomas, and DE J. Anderson seem to be the eight elite. After that it really is a crap-shoot to predict who goes.

King may talk about coffee too much, be seems to have enough sources to remain credible.

Peterson is injury prone;

Looks natural running with the ball in his hands, but needs to be more conscious of protecting it, as most of his 17 fumbles came after he hit the ground...Has a lot of Eddie George in him, as he seems to be too erect in his stride taking the ball up the middle, but he has the lower leg strength to break tackles and is effective at lowering his shoulder to move the pile...Will sometimes revert to trying to run over the opponent, but considering his two bad shoulders and chronic ankle problems, he is better served trying to escape rather than overpower...Even when running at full speed, he knows how to use his blockers, but ball security rears its ugly head when he fails to square up on contact...Shows the make-you-miss burst in the open, but will sometimes take a side...Has very good balance and runs with powerful strides, but loses his power base at times when he gets too upright in his stance...Needs route refinement, as he has the quickness to separate underneath, but it was rare to see him run intermediate or long patterns...Needs to do a better job of eyeing the ball on pitch-outs...Seems to let the ball get into his body too much and will double catch it (just an adequate safety valve working underneath).

I think he'll spend more time on the bench than on the field. I could be wrong but betting the 12th pick in the draft or more is just too big a gamble. :lol:

There is also a trade option that has about a 1 in 10,000 chance of happening. It really all depends on who is available at the 12th pick.

If nobody the Bills covet is on the board when they pick they could trade with Atlanta and Give them their 12th pick for Atlanta's two picks in the second round 39th and 44th and their third round pick 75th.

If that happened Buffalo would have the 39th, 43rd, 44th, 74th, 75th and 92nd pick. They would then have six picks in the first 100 picks!

:lol:

It's not about a running back reaching a thousand yards, many mediocre guys have accomplished that. It's about WHEN he is gaining the yards, it's about being a "clutch" player. It's about taking the bull by the horns and willing the team to victory. Chester Taylor?