Henry for Keenan McCardle

Ralph Wilson said screw the so called "smashmouth". I am a huge Travis Henry fan, but I think something might be brewing. Ralph wants it aired out now. Just don't know who will do the blocking.... Maybe they can throw in Jonas Jennings and get Mike Alstot. Before anyone goes too nuts I just want to see some reaction from the board- we are 0-4 for christ sakes.

Ralph Wilson said screw the so called "smashmouth".  I am a huge Travis Henry fan, but I think something might be brewing. Ralph wants it aired out now. Just don't know who will do the blocking.... Maybe they can throw in Jonas Jennings and get Mike Alstot. Before anyone goes too nuts I just want to see some reaction from the board- we are 0-4 for christ sakes.

68924[/snapback]

I would prefer a draft pick, but it is great to see another poster act as if Travis is Not this top 5 rb. He isn't.

PS: As Badolbilz has pointed out, Travis is not a smashmouth back. Bettis is/was. Henry is more of a slasher.

If we trade Henry, it would be nice to get a player that could contribute immediately. My preference would be for a player at a need position (i.e., o-line). Interestingly, if we trade Henry, half-back probably becomes a need, which could be filled in next year's draft. I know many on the board like Williams, but we will need more depth at the position.

I have no idea whether there is any intention of trading Henry now or after the season, but I am concerned that his trade value has declined significantly. His rushing totals are poor this year and he may be injured. Seems to me that he will be traded after the season and we won't get great value for him.

What would YOU give for Henry?

68929[/snapback]

It would depend on what team I was getting him for. Here's a few teams that could use a RB...draft choices only:

Miami - #2 Their Number 1 will be too low to trade, and they will probably draft a QB with it. A number 2 for a good back would be perfect for them.

Raiders - Late #2 or #3. They have a solid team and can get a RB in the first if they want to.

Cowboys - #1 for Henry and a #3. Parcells won't trade for Henry straight up, but I bet we get could get a first for Henry and a third. Worth it?

Arizona - #2 My bet is they take a QB in round 1 this year and with the WR's they have the only thing missing on their offense is a good Back.

Ralph Wilson said screw the so called "smashmouth".  I am a huge Travis Henry fan, but I think something might be brewing. Ralph wants it aired out now. Just don't know who will do the blocking.... Maybe they can throw in Jonas Jennings and get Mike Alstot. Before anyone goes too nuts I just want to see some reaction from the board- we are 0-4 for christ sakes.

68924[/snapback]

I would support trading Henry for either a draft pick or a Offensive lineman. Anything else and I'm going to scream because we are losing games due to are TRENCH PLAYERS

No team will most likely trade away a pass rusher who produces or an Olineman who can actually block. So let's be honest with ourselves. Travis Henry is traded for a 2nd round pick or nothing happens at all. Maybe a 2nd and a teams 3rd string RB.

No team will most likely trade away a pass rusher who produces or an Olineman who can actually block. So let's be honest with ourselves. Travis Henry is traded for a 2nd round pick or nothing happens at all. Maybe a 2nd and a teams 3rd string RB.

68974[/snapback]

And that is if we are very lucky.

68924[/snapback]

for the last 12 months i have heard nothing but bitching because gregg williams and kevin gilbride were too stupid to realize that we needed to run more. remember how predictable the offense was last year, when all we did was throw?

remember how happy everyone was when we hired a head coach who promised a run-first attack? and now when the "smashmouth" didn't work, suddenly the problem is that we need to "open up" the offense?

HEY RALPH: the "problem" is the same this year as it was in 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996, 1995 and 1994: OUR OFFENSIVE LINE BLOWS.

i realize the old man signs the checks, but if they make radical changes to their offensive philosophy because of the post-game ramblings of ralph wilson...well, then we are in worse trouble than any of us realizes.

the only decisions that should guide the offensive philosophy of this team are based on the following question:

"what play can we run next where there won't be any defensive players in our backfield before you can count to one-mississippi?"

McCardell was born on January 6, 1970-He's almost 35 years old!!!!!!!

Why other than someone mentioned this on the Simoncast & Howard shot him down, would anyone think a trade for a 34+ yo receiver, when Moulds & Evans are on the team & are not holding out for more $, makes any sense. Unless you are the one who brought it up to Simon, show some originality instead of rehashing stupid trade possibilities from other people.

for the last 12 months i have heard nothing but bitching because gregg williams and kevin gilbride were too stupid to realize that we needed to run more.  remember how predictable the offense was last year, when all we did was throw?

remember how happy everyone was when we hired a head coach who promised a run-first attack?  and now when the "smashmouth" didn't work, suddenly the problem is that we need to "open up" the offense?

HEY RALPH:  the "problem" is the same this year as it was in 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996, 1995 and 1994: OUR OFFENSIVE LINE BLOWS.

i realize the old man signs the checks, but if they make radical changes to their offensive philosophy because of the post-game ramblings of ralph wilson...well, then we are in worse trouble than any of us realizes. 

the only decisions that should guide the offensive philosophy of this team are based on the following question:

"what play can we run next where there won't be any defensive players in our backfield before you can count to one-mississippi?"

68995[/snapback]

That's the answer I was looking for. Amen brother. A third grader could tells us that- but our entire organization is in total denial. How about Jim Mcnally AND AN OFFENSIVE LINE?

McCardell was born on January 6, 1970-He's almost 35 years old!!!!!!!

Why other than someone mentioned this on the Simoncast & Howard shot him down, would anyone think a trade for a 34+ yo receiver, when Moulds & Evans are on the team & are not holding out for more $, makes any sense.  Unless you are the one who brought it up to Simon, show some originality instead of rehashing  stupid trade possibilities from other people.

68996[/snapback]

Glad I remembered the "before anyone goes too nuts" clause in there......