Linkin Park Debut At Top Spot

Tux of Borg

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/genera...ml?200704130912

Linkin Park Debut At Top Spot For Record Breaking 6th Time

Multi-platinum Grammy award-winning Linkin Park explodes at the top of the charts this week with their first single, "What I've Done," from their long awaited third studio album, Minutes To Midnight. Breaking an all time record with six consecutive #1's in a row, Linkin Park debuted at #1 at Alternative and #3 on Active charts. In addition to it's radio impact, the song has already sold over 100,000 downloads on iTunes.

The video for "What I've Done," directed by band member / DJ Joseph Hahn, premiered on MTV and AOL last week. Minutes to Midnight, co-produced by Mike Shinoda and Rick Rubin is due out on May 15 on Machine Shop/Warner Bros. Click link to access video.

Linkin Park is Chester Bennington (vocals), Rob Bourdon (drums), Brad Delson (guitar), Joe Hahn (DJ), Dave "Phoenix" Farrell (bass), and Mike Shinoda (vocals). They have earned two Grammy Awards, the first for Best Hard Rock Performance in 2002 with their hit single "Crawling" and the second for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration with Jay-Z in 2006 for the innovative "Numb/Encore." Linkin Park has sold 40 million records worldwide since their debut in 2000. The Diamond-Certified Hybrid Theory has alone sold more than 18 million copies. In addition, Linkin Park established Music For Relief in January 2005 to help aid victims of world catastrophes and combat global warming. For more information on Linkin Park and Music For Relief, please log on to linkinpark.com or musicforrelief.org.

once again proving that the "hyped" music is the worst product put out.

that garbage band is a boy-band. as fake as britney spears.

it doesnt matter what they record on CD. any band with that much label backing($$$) will sell big because the majority of americans will listen to whatever they are told to.

yuck

once again proving that the "hyped" music is the worst product put out.

that garbage band is a boy-band. as fake as britney spears.

it doesnt matter what they record on CD. any band with that much label backing($$$) will sell big because the majority of americans will listen to whatever they are told to.

yuck

blah,blah,blah.... Same old crappy argument that everyone puts forth. Does it really matter where they come from or how the band was put togther? If they create music that is loved by the people they call fans, isnt that the point. Although it may not be "acceptable" to you I happen to like LP and what they are about. I am a fan of many genres, but LP has something to it that really no other band I have seen or heard has, and thats why I find myself purchasing everyone of their albums that are released.

I wrote better lyrics in a friend's yearbook in sixth grade. Sheesh.

My theory is that a lot of these groups that are popular with kids in their teens like Nine Inch Nails and Smashing Pumpkins at their time, Linkin Park in theirs, are popular because their words are coming from dudes with the lyrical minds of 16-year olds. "This pain I feel inside" and other such tired tropes, good lord. That doesn't discount snappy production, which I can be a fan of, and which keeps me coming back to bands like NIN and SP that I liked 15 years ago, but calling any of these 'great' is sort of insulting to greatness.

well, NIN and Smashing Pumpkins are still heralded by music critics and musicians as great bands. they always have been. they probably always will be. NO ONE with any credentials has said that LP makes good music, just popular. there is an incredible difference. and as we've all seen with acts such as Ashley Simpson/BackstreetBoys/etc, people will buy whatever it is that popular opinion tells them to buy. and when the companies themselves are controlling popular opinion, we tend to get the lamest, blandest crap that panders to the lowest common denominator.

what they(NIN/SP) do, how they do it and where they started are all at a different level than Linkin Park could ever hope to be. yeah, LP sells a lot of records but that really doesnt mean much to me considering the widespread stupidity of the common consumer. and its not all their fault. the large players in the music industry spends millions of dollars a year to keep those consumers uninformed and separated from the real good stuff...

well, NIN and Smashing Pumpkins are still heralded by music critics and musicians as great bands. they always have been. they probably always will be. NO ONE with any credentials has said that LP makes good music, just popular. there is an incredible difference. and as we've all seen with acts such as Ashley Simpson/BackstreetBoys/etc, people will buy whatever it is that popular opinion tells them to buy. and when the companies themselves are controlling popular opinion, we tend to get the lamest, blandest crap that panders to the lowest common denominator.

what they(NIN/SP) do, how they do it and where they started are all at a different level than Linkin Park could ever hope to be. yeah, LP sells a lot of records but that really doesnt mean much to me considering the widespread stupidity of the common consumer. and its not all their fault. the large players in the music industry spends millions of dollars a year to keep those consumers uninformed and separated from the real good stuff...

Preach on, oh high and mighty listener of the good!

On second thought, just get over yourself.

Oh...and I think the new LP single kind of sucks.

Preach on, oh high and mighty listener of the good!

On second thought, just get over yourself.

Oh...and I think the new LP single kind of sucks.

oh ill fully admit that i listen to plenty of music people would consider garbage. our at least guilty pleasures. i dont have a problem with anyone who wants to listen to LP. i just get heated about how big music panders to its listeners. and really insults them in how little credit it gives them.

I wrote better lyrics in a friend's yearbook in sixth grade. Sheesh.

My theory is that a lot of these groups that are popular with kids in their teens like Nine Inch Nails and Smashing Pumpkins at their time, Linkin Park in theirs, are popular because their words are coming from dudes with the lyrical minds of 16-year olds. "This pain I feel inside" and other such tired tropes, good lord. That doesn't discount snappy production, which I can be a fan of, and which keeps me coming back to bands like NIN and SP that I liked 15 years ago, but calling any of these 'great' is sort of insulting to greatness.

What the hell kind of lyrics were you writing to your friend?? :devil:

Lyrics were never really Linkin Park's strong point and I doubt they ever will be. They're just a really good pop-metal band. Their songs are catchy and the lyrics get the job done. I still remember when I heard their first album in 2001-ish and I was surprised by how well done it was from start to finish. I like that they understand what they do well and seem to concentrate on that.

NIN *was* great for a while. Broken, The Downward Spiral, and The Fragile were all spectacular. Their last two albums, With Teeth and now Year Zero, aren't all that great to me if only because the material isn't as strong or fresh. And it's just kind of weird that Trent Reznor is in his mid 30s now and is still depressed about everything. I actually don't even think Reznor is that depressed, I just think he can't figure out a way to write something different that works with his music. I think I remember Bono mentioning something that it was really easy to write negative or depressing songs, but very hard to write something positive that people won't call cheesy or bad. That probably factors in.

Oh, and Brand New is incredible.

Linkin Park Sucks.

[/i]

I thought Lincoln Park was OK. I think I played softball there in the 70's. There weren't too many ruts in the outfield and they raked the infield fairly regularly. Perhaps they've failed to maintain it over the years. Too bad, if true,

BTW, there's also a "band" named Lincoln Park. They suck. :D