Bass Pro

Movinon

Why bring something to the waterfront (built resembling the old canal buildings) that would bring people there? Here we go again--the idiots stop progress yet again. What are they proposing gets placed there? And news flash--nobody comes to the area to get a feel for the old Erie canal except for maybe 5 or 6 history buffs. Quincy Market in Boston (A town with much more history than any city in the country) is the biggest tourist attraction in Boston and it's done tastefully. Baltimore's inner Harbor is small but very nice.

Why bring something to the waterfront (built resembling the old canal buildings) that would bring people there? Here we go again--the idiots stop progress yet again. What are they proposing gets placed there? And news flash--nobody comes to the area to get a feel for the old Erie canal except for maybe 5 or 6 history buffs. Quincy Market in Boston (A town with much more history than any city in the country) is the biggest tourist attraction in Boston and it's done tastefully. Baltimore's inner Harbor is small but very nice.

[sarcasm] But the history man, the history!!! Those awesome grain elevators. Can't tell you how many time I have drove over the sky way thinking "what an incredible site!". They are so cool and are not an eye sore what so ever, even with it's chipping paint and deteriorating exterior. And the historic Cobble Stone district!! Who doesn't like driving down a cobble stone street and hitting your head on the roof of your car, losing a hub cap, and abusing the shocks. I say turn the whole city into Cobble Stone!! Ooooh the memories!!! Now lets move to the Aud. I am so glad they kept this beast standing all these years, what memories!! Just looking at the hulking plain exterior with cob webs and boarded doors and windows gives me the chills. Good times, Good times!!! And the waterfront, that glorious water front. In what other city can you have such an incredible view of the sunset and be completely alone. Let's keep it this way, I like my privacy. Why bring tourists and locals to my quiet oasis!! Memories and history, it's what Buffalo is all about!!! [/sarcasm]

Every time the city tries to take one step forward, historians and politicians fight to keep it the same. This has been going on for years and it's a shame. Why would you not develop the waterfront? It's like having millions of dollars in gold buried along the shores, but the historians won't let us dig it up because the shores have such a history!! It's all Bogus!!!!

Tim Tielman with the Campaign for Greater Buffalo History, Architecture and Culture, calls the plan for the waterfront, "a massive betrayal of the public interest and of the public trust."

Ironically, the public calls Tim Tielman a "massive douche bag."

What would be cool is when they're digging for the foundations for these buildings, if they could just throw Tielman down there and then pour the concrete.

What would be cool is when they're digging for the foundations for these buildings, if they could just throw Tielman down there and then pour the concrete.

Public trust? Because everyone likes the way it is, eh?

I think Buffalo should get a Bass Pro. The one in Clarksville is cool.

I don't agree with Tielman but do appreciate his efforts from when he played. I remember one awesome game against the Dolfelons. It may have even been in the playoffs.

I think it is great they bring the BPS in... What better place to bring the bastard boats into... Maybe someday it will resemble where I work... To bad there aren't any commercial craft still around... The carnage would be something to see... Nothin' like seeing a "sportsman" in the "hunt" for the "bigmouth" nonchalantly at the bow of vessel gently trolling with their foot on the pedal of a battery operated trolling motor while 9,000 ton is bearing down on them... Better yet, when the rednecks come up from the south and decide to stern anchor under the Peace Bridge!... The low freeboard shape of a bass boat should make business boom!

Big fun I say... Bring it on!

But... Of course I jest. What better way to open up the assets of the BFLO waterfront and resources to the big, BIG NATIONAL recreational boating community...

Now if we can only get fish to live along the BFLO river...

These people are whacked... They are already making (or at leats that is what the plan calls for) the thing look like a 19th century building...

I think it is great they bring the BPS in... What better place to bring the bastard boats into... Maybe someday it will resemble where I work... To bad there aren't any commercial craft still around... The carnage would be something to see... Nothin' like seeing a "sportsman" in the "hunt" for the "bigmouth" nonchalantly at the bow of vessel gently trolling with their foot on the pedal of a battery operated trolling motor while 9,000 ton is bearing down on them... Better yet, when the rednecks come up from the south and decide to stern anchor under the Peace Bridge!... The low freeboard shape of a bass boat should make business boom!

We have our share here on this stretch of the Ohio river, of pleasure boaters that d*ck around with 10 barge or more coal or ore transports, to their detriment... :nana:

We have our share here on this stretch of the Ohio river, of pleasure boaters that d*ck around with 10 barge or more coal or ore transports, to their detriment... :P

I was gonna ask you about that... Down where you are it is a much longer season, so they pretty much get them all year 'round some years... Then mix in all that coal coming out of western PA, I can imagine the lock ops have a hell of a time... Then again there are all 1200' chambers and 600' aux chambers down there to diffuse the problems in the summer... (more pull in Congress I guess?)

One story I tell is the one PC that wouldn't move off the wall... They dick around till the last second then move... Well, this one time I kept asking him on the PA if he was broken... Wave his hands if he was... I don't like to drop the "hammer" too early :P because of all the dickin' around... So while 6 loads were bearing down on him... He wouldn't move... I ran down there to assist in some way, even if it meant evacing them onto the wall... :o I start screaming, he starts screaming... We all are phuckin' screaming... He says: "What do you want me to do?" I just looked in amazement and said: "First PUT DOWN THE EFFING BEAR!"... Some other boater must have had an anounce of good samaritan in them and decided to snatch him away from the wall in the last second!

What a royal pain in the arse... And bass (ie: bastard) boats love to get real close to the open dam and the restricted area... Seems that is where the fish hide... :nana::nana: They are no fools... who wants to be gasping for air in some hillbilly's live well!

:D

I was gonna ask you about that... Down where you are it is a much longer season, so they pretty much get them all year 'round some years... Then mix in all that coal coming out of western PA, I can imagine the lock ops have a hell of a time... Then again there are all 1200' chambers and 600' aux chambers there to diffuse the problems in the summer...

One story I tell is the one PC that wouldn't move off the wall... They dick around till the last second then move... Well, this one time I kept asking him on the PA if he was broken... Wave his hands if he was... I don't like to drop the "hammer" to early :P because of all the dickin' around... So while 6 loads were bearing down on him... He wouldn't move... I ran down there to assist in some way, even if it meant evacing them onto the wall... :P I start screaming, he starts screaming... We all are phuckin' screaming... He says: "What do you want me to do?" I just looked in amazement and said: "First PUT DOWN THE EFFING BEAR!"... Some other boater must have had an anounce of good samaritan in them and decided to snatch him away from the wall in the last second!

What a royal pain in the arse... And bass (ie: bastard) boats love to get real close to the open dam and the restricted area... Seems that is where the fish hide... :nana::D They are no fools... who wants to be gasping for air in some hillbilly's live well!

:o

You have overwhelmed me with riverman jargon... :nana:

Now if we can only get fish to live along the BFLO river...

From what I have heard, the cleanup of the Buffalo River is going to run into the multi-millions. It is a damn shame that the companies that did the dumping over the years, cannot be held accountable. :nana:

From what I have heard, the cleanup of the Buffalo River is going to run into the multi-millions. It is a damn shame that the companies that did the dumping over the years, cannot be held accountable. :nana:

I can't comment on the levels of pollution in the Buffalo River; however it is an excellent fishery if you’re fishing for enjoyment and not substance.