Pacman gets 1yr susp.

Dan III

Today

Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 1:05 PM ET | Link

NFL SUSPENSIONS: NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has informed Adam Jones of the Tennessee Titans and Chris Henry of the Cincinnati Bengals that they have been suspended without pay for violating the NFL’s personal conduct policy and engaging in conduct detrimental to the league on numerous occasions, the NFL announced today.

Jones was suspended for the 2007 season, while Henry was suspended for the first eight games of the 2007 regular season. Each player must earn the right to be reinstated.

---

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

edit: full story: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10119161

Today

Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 1:05 PM ET | Link

NFL SUSPENSIONS: NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has informed Adam Jones of the Tennessee Titans and Chris Henry of the Cincinnati Bengals that they have been suspended without pay for violating the NFL’s personal conduct policy and engaging in conduct detrimental to the league on numerous occasions, the NFL announced today.

Jones was suspended for the 2007 season, while Henry was suspended for the first eight games of the 2007 regular season. Each player must earn the right to be reinstated.

---

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

I'm glad to see that Goodell has some balls. It's about time that these idiots are put in their place.

wow! Much tougher than I expected....Roger is proving to be a no nonsense commish who abides by his word. That's what I would expect from a guy with WNY roots.

Godell for President...I guess that would be a step down from NFL commish..

This sets an important precedent. The media would have hammered the Titans if they did not cut him, even though 20 other teams would have been waiting to sign him.

Anyone want to take any bets as to how many times Pacman is arrested now that he isn't "preoccupied" by football.

Goodell is proving to be a very good Commissioner. He has to improve the image of the NFL. Idiots like Pacman, Henry and Lionel Gates should be B!tch slapped right out of the league if they can't act like civilized adults. He's been strict and laid down the law so that the players know they can't act ridiculous. These players can now choose their own fate.

I'm also impressed that he created a 6 player panel to keep him in touch with the players. Smart move to keep himself in place with what the players think. Seems to be a smart guy.

The Real

It will be interesting to see how Henry and Jones react, but I'm really interested in the NFLPA. Do they accept this? Mildly object and ask for a hearing? Strongly object and bring due process into the conversation?

Dunno.

With Henry being in the gunsights, there was a fair amount of local n'paper coverage here. The idea of this being retroactive was bandied about.

Wait 'n see, I suppose.

I like this part the best:

"I must emphasize to you that this is your last opportunity to salvage your NFL career," Commissioner Goodell wrote to Jones and Henry. "I urge you to take full advantage of the resources available to support you in that effort."

These boys have been coddled since the time coaches discovered they were better than everyone else. Goodell is directly attacking their perceived sense of entitlement. Truth is, Pacman and Henry need to realize they didn't make the NFL, the NFL made them. If there was no league, they would be just another pair of guys who could run fast. I love this.