$1.00 or $1.50 Theater in or around Buffalo

I have googled, and dogpiled, and haven't come up with anything conclusive. I was hoping to go up for Chuck E. Cheese and a movie with the kids. It seems like there was a discount theater near Buff State at one time.

Any ideas?

I have a TV/VCR at the office..for a $1.50 a kid, I am showing the following movie 130pm..Slapshot

Last time I was in Buffalo, there was a 2nd-run theater complex on Elmwood between Hertel & Kenmore, across the street from Channel 4... maybe that's the one you're thinking of.

Closed. I do not think there are any 1.50 theatres in Buffalo right now. On Walden (I think) near the Wal-Mart out there, there is a $3.00 theatre. It's still open.

Closed. I do not think there are any 1.50 theatres in Buffalo right now. On Walden (I think) near the Wal-Mart out there, there is a $3.00 theatre. It's still open.

The Como is the Apple Tree Mall Business Park now. Theaters are long gone.

That place on Elmwood is also closed. I think it's a Home Depot now.

You still have the Movieland 8 in Cheektowaga - the old Thruway mall cinemas.

Prices are cheap there.

http://www.fandango.com/TheaterPage.aspx?l...5&tid=AARFF

That place on Elmwood is also closed. I think it's a Home Depot now.

You still have the Movieland 8 in Cheektowaga - the old Thruway mall cinemas.

Prices are cheap there.

http://www.fandango.com/TheaterPage.aspx?l...5&tid=AARFF

Yeah, Movieland 8, I forgot the name. That is the one I was talking about. I think its the cheapest theatre in Erie county.

No, the Elmwood one is not a Hoem Depot, its next to a Home Depot. Last I checked .. it was just an empty building (what else is new in Buffalo).

I have googled, and dogpiled, and haven't come up with anything conclusive. I was hoping to go up for Chuck E. Cheese and a movie with the kids. It seems like there was a discount theater near Buff State at one time.

Any ideas?

The Flix on Transit has $5 for any movie every Tuesday. Plus it is 1/2 off on all concessions.

Who wants to see a boring movie? Go on ebay and buy them all tickets to the Sabres playoff game on Saturday night. It might set you back about 10,000 bucks, but it'll be an experience they'll never forget.

I was a day early for $1.50 movies at the Movieland 8. They offer those every Wednesday. The guy at the Regal on Elmwood said the $1.50 Theater closed about 8 years ago. Man time flies. It does seem that it used to sit where the Home Depot is now.

The Four Seasons in Niagara Falls is still open, I believe. Not sure how much the movies there are nowadays, but it was always the cheap place. Its on Military Road, behind one of the strip malls, sorry, I don't remember which one.

B-) When I was in my mid teens, my cousin, buddies and i would walk stoned from the middle of Depew to Apple Tree to watch movies, after watchin one we'd sneak in for 2 or 3 more... ya know to get our $1's worth. We had some crazy adventures just walking to the movies, especially since we would cut through abandoned railroad tracks and bridges that would drop 30 feet into cayuga creek if you fell.

I miss those days :lol: