Anyone here what jabari green said on the radio yet?

Yeah, I herd hee changged his naim too Jabari Greer.

Why isn't there a suicide emoticon when you need one?

Probably because many people don't see the mis-spelling of a name, the ending of the world.

Probably because many people don't see the mis-spelling of a name, the ending of the world.

Yeah, but combine that with mis-spelling of another word, no caps, and "2", and I think the end of the work is just over the horizon.

asked about whether he was ready to give up his number 33 to Michael Turner....

.....he said he's changed his number because he's ready for a fresh start and he was all business....so it's available (he actually thought that the trade had gone down already the way the question was posed to him....because the media tends to find these things out before the players....he told the story about how he was on the phone with Kelly Holcomb when he saw the ESPN scroll that Kelly had been traded and he said to himself....I wonder if this guy knows he's now an Eagle.....and he said the Eagles are getting a great leader and teammate in Holcomb.

if you're a good business man shouldn't you keep that number because it'll be worth a good chunck of change if Turner signs...

.....it was time for a new beginning

what's your new number...

.....you'll have to watch the video tape

who will step into the leadership roles now that Spikes, Fletcher, Clements and McGahee have all departed....

.....it's no longer a time for rah rah and words....it's a time for actions and he's excited about those actions...we'll just have to wait and see who those vocal guys are

do you think management is just cutting players to cut costs...

.....no, management is making changes to an exciting young team and moving in a new direction to fit the right players into the right scheme

was Willis a bad guy in the clubhouse....

......Willis was a great guy in the clubhouse and a great teammate who was very misunderstood by the media and thus by the fans. He was a southern florida guy and he definitely felt culture shock coming to Buffalo but meant no ill will in the things he said....much of which was taken out of context.....he will be missed a lot in this locker room.....also spoke glowingly about Kelly Holcomb and how much he will be missed and what a great teammate he was

he was put on the spot and asked if he was GM for a day....what is the biggest weakness of the Buffalo Bills and what position would you draft in the first round.....

......very funny because he hemmed and hawed and said I can't even speculate but then relented and said I would take anything but a cornerback!

he then promoted his new foundation for single fathers and when asked what the web site was he said just call me on my cell phone and then he gave out his cell phone number on the air!!!!!!!!! Very funny.

The Fellas did a fantastic job getting a lot out of Greer who seemed very candid and funny.

Did anyone else hear this? They talked about Buffalo for about 45 minutes...talking about Mothers and Anchor Bar and Duffs and that the women were hot and Willis doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.....I'll let you know if I can think of more....they had him on for quite a while.....he was promoting being named one of the top 25 Cosmo athletes in the country....who knew?

buffalolips-

great post and summary of the interview. i don't know anything about jabari greer off of the playing field, as i don't about a lot of the backups and special teams guys cause the only interviews i get to hear/see are the ones that bbills.com posts. so thanks.

is there a place online that frequently posts these radio interviews? cause i know of a few times where guys have put up links to interviews that would be seemingly similar to this one.

His comments about McGahee were very interesting. I had assumed that much of what he said was taken out of context (the comments about Toronto fit this description to me as I thought the hyperventilating about him dissing Buffalo was fairly silly, but then again its hard to take the attitude he expressed about being a father out of context and they were pretty disgusting).

What is interesting in the post describing his comments is that it sounds like Greer was giving more than the standard line of not speaking ill of a former teammate and honestly felt that WM was good to have as a teammate.

asked about whether he was ready to give up his number 33 to Michael Turner....

.....he said he's changed his number because he's ready for a fresh start and he was all business....so it's available (he actually thought that the trade had gone down already the way the question was posed to him....because the media tends to find these things out before the players....he told the story about how he was on the phone with Kelly Holcomb when he saw the ESPN scroll that Kelly had been traded and he said to himself....I wonder if this guy knows he's now an Eagle.....and he said the Eagles are getting a great leader and teammate in Holcomb.

if you're a good business man shouldn't you keep that number because it'll be worth a good chunck of change if Turner signs...

.....it was time for a new beginning

what's your new number...

.....you'll have to watch the video tape

who will step into the leadership roles now that Spikes, Fletcher, Clements and McGahee have all departed....

.....it's no longer a time for rah rah and words....it's a time for actions and he's excited about those actions...we'll just have to wait and see who those vocal guys are

do you think management is just cutting players to cut costs...

.....no, management is making changes to an exciting young team and moving in a new direction to fit the right players into the right scheme

was Willis a bad guy in the clubhouse....

......Willis was a great guy in the clubhouse and a great teammate who was very misunderstood by the media and thus by the fans. He was a southern florida guy and he definitely felt culture shock coming to Buffalo but meant no ill will in the things he said....much of which was taken out of context.....he will be missed a lot in this locker room.....also spoke glowingly about Kelly Holcomb and how much he will be missed and what a great teammate he was

he was put on the spot and asked if he was GM for a day....what is the biggest weakness of the Buffalo Bills and what position would you draft in the first round.....

......very funny because he hemmed and hawed and said I can't even speculate but then relented and said I would take anything but a cornerback!

he then promoted his new foundation for single fathers and when asked what the web site was he said just call me on my cell phone and then he gave out his cell phone number on the air!!!!!!!!! Very funny.

The Fellas did a fantastic job getting a lot out of Greer who seemed very candid and funny.

Did anyone else hear this? They talked about Buffalo for about 45 minutes...talking about Mothers and Anchor Bar and Duffs and that the women were hot and Willis doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.....I'll let you know if I can think of more....they had him on for quite a while.....he was promoting being named one of the top 25 Cosmo athletes in the country....who knew?

Great summary. Seems like Greer is a class act guy.

His comments about McGahee were very interesting. I had assumed that much of what he said was taken out of context (the comments about Toronto fit this description to me as I thought the hyperventilating about him dissing Buffalo was fairly silly, but then again its hard to take the attitude he expressed about being a father out of context and they were pretty disgusting).

What is interesting in the post describing his comments is that it sounds like Greer was giving more than the standard line of not speaking ill of a former teammate and honestly felt that WM was good to have as a teammate.

Losman said the same thing. Allen Wilson said he knows McGahee off the field and that he's a really good guy and liked Buffalo. I actually don't know of any player that said anything remotely bad about McGahee.

Losman said the same thing. Allen Wilson said he knows McGahee off the field and that he's a really good guy and liked Buffalo. I actually don't know of any player that said anything remotely bad about McGahee.

This was definitely one of the reasons I saw no reason to get rid of WM. Ralph is the owner and I can see how it must have been a pain in the butt to own the rights to a player who does not remotely conform to or spout the traditional NFL line, but you certainly have one fan here who could not care less about what some idiot player says as long as he is not a cancer to his teammates.

However, one does not get much more old guard than Ralph and for folks who live in this world or are into the soap opera aspects of the NFL for entertainment rather the over-focus which I and others have toward onfield performance I can see why he got bounced for mere speculative draft choices.

WM never performed at a level on the field which would have allowed for his seemingly random comments off the field.

The Bills were actually in quite a good position regarding WM's contract status if they were tough enough to stomach his off-field silliness and to not cave into Rosenidiot posturing.

However, they seem to have given WM and Rosenfool everything they wanted so I guess Ralph and Willis are both happier. However, it seems from the comments here and that you site that this move was addition by subtraction only for those more concerned with the soap opera aspects of the game.

this move was addition by subtraction only for those more concerned with the soap opera aspects of the game.

I wouldn't say that as I could care less about words and storylines. Just limiting it to what we see on the field I have no qualms about saying that Willis McGahee had some of the worst vision for a RB I have ever seen in my entire life. I think the Bills won't have as difficult a time as many beleive in their effort to find a back that will turn some of Willis' 1 yard gains into 6-8 yard gains.

Cya

I wouldn't say that as I could care less about words and storylines. Just limiting it to what we see on the field I have no qualms about saying that Willis McGahee had some of the worst vision for a RB I have ever seen in my entire life. I think the Bills won't have as difficult a time as many beleive in their effort to find a back that will turn some of Willis' 1 yard gains into 6-8 yard gains.

Cya

Do you feel that his vision varied between his first season and a half of output which saw him reach 2000 yards rushing faster than any Bill ever and his last season and a half which were disappointing to say the least.

Did you also note some explanation for why his vision was so great against the Jets and the worse you have seen against many other opponents.

WM's inconsistent performance on the field is certainly one of the issues which defies easy explanation, but basing it on his vision as an explanation does not seem to correspond with his performances.

This was definitely one of the reasons I saw no reason to get rid of WM. Ralph is the owner and I can see how it must have been a pain in the butt to own the rights to a player who does not remotely conform to or spout the traditional NFL line, but you certainly have one fan here who could not care less about what some idiot player says as long as he is not a cancer to his teammates.

However, one does not get much more old guard than Ralph and for folks who live in this world or are into the soap opera aspects of the NFL for entertainment rather the over-focus which I and others have toward onfield performance I can see why he got bounced for mere speculative draft choices.

WM never performed at a level on the field which would have allowed for his seemingly random comments off the field.

The Bills were actually in quite a good position regarding WM's contract status if they were tough enough to stomach his off-field silliness and to not cave into Rosenidiot posturing.

However, they seem to have given WM and Rosenfool everything they wanted so I guess Ralph and Willis are both happier. However, it seems from the comments here and that you site that this move was addition by subtraction only for those more concerned with the soap opera aspects of the game.

I have always thought that it was a complex confluence of events that made the Bills brass to decide in concert that trading Willis was the best thing to do at this time for the team. It wasn't because he sucked. It wasn't because he was a bad guy or teammate or citizen. It was about 5-6 different things and looked at in total, that led the team to their decision. Each individual reason wasn't enough.

First and foremost it was a money thing. He had one year left on his contract. He wanted a big extension, surely what they asked and got from the Ravens (40 mil). If this wasnt the last year of his contract I sincerely doubt they would have traded him.

Second, they decided from day one to change the culture of the team, and that meant getting rid of all the veterans that had suspect attitudes like Moulds and Adams and later Spikes. It's not that Willis was a bad guy but they wanted all hungry "Buffalo" kind of players and Willis was aloof. They wanted the veterans to set an example for the young players and he wasn't that guy.

A part of that was the purging of the TD guys, which I also think played a small part of it. Not to just axe them all but the me first players. Willis is just a strange guy. I think they think he tries on the field and keeps in shape but he wasn't part of a cohesive hungry team they want to build. It was the whole culture they're trying to change and that includes the front office and community and fans.

They also may not have liked his dancing and wanted a different kind of back. And if they were going to pay him a monster salary, they wanted a three down back and he really didn't get involved in the passing game as much as they may have liked. I think you can afford to have a 15-20 million guy do that but not a 40 million guy.

I don't think they listen to the fans as far as player performance goes but part of changing this team and culture and restoring the lost Bills tradition and commitment from the fans I think may have played a small part. Again, they would never trade him just because the fans turned on him. But it all plays into the overall confluence of events that I think led them to this decision. To not pay him a huge extension. And if they weren't going to do that, the time to trade him was now.

My sense is that of these many things you list it was probably Ralph's desire to turn the page on the TD era that prompted most of these moves.

I hope it is not some desire to try to create a team with a particular "ethic" because if it is then I think they and we are likely in for disappointment. As more of a free market has come to the league (which being a "freer" market than the old NFL version where a handful of owners restrained trade and competition does not take a great leap forward as now we still have a restrained market rather than a free market it is just that the NFLPA has muscled its way in to be a "partner" with the owners) I think that it really is quite unlikely that anyone is going to create a common ethic within a team.

I think you can chance upon it to exist for a year with the bond of a team looking to win a championship, but once this is accomplished it really is too easy for the TEAM to become merely a team or even a bunch of individuals because all the players are so individually wealthy.

I think in rare cases one can actually have that TEAM sense survive for multiple years. I think the NE Pats have proven that it can happen. However, it seems to me that a key to sense of being a team might easily have not happened at all without the dumb "luck" of Jets LB Lewis collapsing Bledsoe's lung and really a team being created with Bellicheck fostering it among a heavily FA team around the once in an eon play and incredible youth of Tom Brady.

The really funny thing is that I think a key to this TEAM spirit surviving more than one year was actually the same genius BB totally screwing up his efforts to play hardball with Lawyer Milloy. The Pats players united again as a TEAM, but this time as players as they publicly chided BB for his lameness. The finishing touch was a horrendous streak of injuries and the team having to really ask itself whether they were gonna step up and they became a TEAM doing that.

Perhaps if Jauron and Marv are smart enough to look for similar opportunities to exploit and facilitate this can happen, but if they and Ralph instead have some vision they think they can enforce on a bunch or young millionaires then they may turn into the control freak that TD was when he screwed up the team.

My sense is that of these many things you list it was probably Ralph's desire to turn the page on the TD era that prompted most of these moves.

I hope it is not some desire to try to create a team with a particular "ethic" because if it is then I think they and we are likely in for disappointment. As more of a free market has come to the league (which being a "freer" market than the old NFL version where a handful of owners restrained trade and competition does not take a great leap forward as now we still have a restrained market rather than a free market it is just that the NFLPA has muscled its way in to be a "partner" with the owners) I think that it really is quite unlikely that anyone is going to create a common ethic within a team.

I think you can chance upon it to exist for a year with the bond of a team looking to win a championship, but once this is accomplished it really is too easy for the TEAM to become merely a team or even a bunch of individuals because all the players are so individually wealthy.

I think in rare cases one can actually have that TEAM sense survive for multiple years. I think the NE Pats have proven that it can happen. However, it seems to me that a key to sense of being a team might easily have not happened at all without the dumb "luck" of Jets LB Lewis collapsing Bledsoe's lung and really a team being created with Bellicheck fostering it among a heavily FA team around the once in an eon play and incredible youth of Tom Brady.

The really funny thing is that I think a key to this TEAM spirit surviving more than one year was actually the same genius BB totally screwing up his efforts to play hardball with Lawyer Milloy. The Pats players united again as a TEAM, but this time as players as they publicly chided BB for his lameness. The finishing touch was a horrendous streak of injuries and the team having to really ask itself whether they were gonna step up and they became a TEAM doing that.

Perhaps if Jauron and Marv are smart enough to look for similar opportunities to exploit and facilitate this can happen, but if they and Ralph instead have some vision they think they can enforce on a bunch or young millionaires then they may turn into the control freak that TD was when he screwed up the team.

i disagree (with the bolded statement) as long as the ethic we are talking about is HARD WORK as a team. Not just the work in the weight room, not just hard work for yourself. But, hard work with the playbook and hard work in the areas where you are weakest. I think you CAN build a team with a culture to bond on the field. The Sabres should be a model for the Bills, IMO.

Hey guys....this is Larry Shea, one of the hosts of The Fellas which is the show that Jabari was on last night on Sirius Channel 126....

Just so you all know, out of the three hosts on the show, two of us are big Buffalo Bills fans and we have Bills on all of the time including Nate Clements, Jabari of course (he'll be on again soon as he has become a good friend of the show), Marv Levy, and many others.

Jabari really did give out his personal cell phone over the air last night which is hilarious....that never happens. We asked him to give the information on the foundation he was promoting and he said, "Just call me on my cell phone at 716........!!!

I'll let you all know when we get another Bill on but in the meantime, check out The Fellas every Friday night on Sirius 126 from 7pm ET to 10pm ET. We talked about the Bills and Buffalo for about 45 minutes last night trying to give you guys your Buffalo fix. Thanks all for your great posts and keep on listening.