Sabres Win. Max is Back! Vanek on Fire!

The Dean

The team is getting healthier at the right time. Max is back and had an assist. Connelly should follow soon.

Didn't see the game, though.

How did Max look?

They didn't have the game on at the bar? :)

Chicago is beating Detroit right now (2-0 in the 2nd). If Chicago holds on, Buffalo will stay 1 point ahead in the race for the best record in the league. I think it's more important than people may realize, since Detroit has only lost 4 games at home (in regulation) all season! :w00t:

Go Sabres!

He looked like Max. Flying all over the ice, faking guys out of their skates, creating scoring chances out of nothing. I am so glad to have him back.

Awesome. Thanks.

The Dean- you may need to edit the thread title to include Vanek...I feel like these stats need to be shouted-- What a 2nd year!

42 G, 40 A, and the league leader in plus-minus with +44

He's 23 years old!

BUT BUT... he floats and doesn't get back on D. :lol:

:wallbash: :wallbash:

The Dean- you may need to edit the thread title to include Vanek...I feel like these stats need to be shouted-- What a 2nd year!

42 G, 40 A, and the league leader in plus-minus with +44

He's 23 years old!

DONE!

DONE!

NICE! He is on fire!!

You can tell he's got a little Mogilny streak in him...Alex would have those 3-4 game stretches where he would score 7 or 8 goals. Vanek is similar in that once he gets 1, you can almost see his game lift and he goes even harder for #2...

NICE! He is on fire!!

You can tell he's got a little Mogilny streak in him...Alex would have those 3-4 game stretches where he would score 7 or 8 goals. Vanek is similar in that once he gets 1, you can almost see his game lift and he goes even harder for #2...

he could've had a hat trick but graciously passed to hecht on one play and then roy on another

They didn't have the game on at the bar? :wallbash:

Chicago is beating Detroit right now (2-0 in the 2nd). If Chicago holds on, Buffalo will stay 1 point ahead in the race for the best record in the league. I think it's more important than people may realize, since Detroit has only lost 4 games at home (in regulation) all season! :wallbash:

Go Sabres!

Sabres have the tiebreaker with 3 more wins. One more win (against Philly or Washington) and we get the President's Trophy and there's nothing Detroit can do about it. Two OT losses also clinch for the Sabres.

One win away from another banner in the rafters, people.

Sabres have the tiebreaker with 3 more wins. One more win (against Philly or Washington) and we get the President's Trophy and there's nothing Detroit can do about it. Two OT losses also clinch for the Sabres.

Sweet! I'd love to sweep both and go into the playoffs as hot as possible but being healthy is more important. Damn this team is fun to watch. :wallbash:

Or a Detroit loss Saturday.

I'm more concerned with tomorrow's Montreal-Toronto game and the Islanders final two, which determine who the Sabres play in the first round.