Bob Huggins leaving K State for WVU

udonkey

When he was on top of the world at Cincinnati he always floated this as his dream job -- I assume he's a local. Bad break K-State.

He's WVU alum...just seems odd that he would leave KSU after one season

Sucks for the guys that went there for him (Bill Walker, etc.). Pretty solid incoming class too...

poor WVU....they will rue the day they hired this cheater...I know no one is crystal clean in college hoops, but this guy is worse than eddie sutton...take a university down through ncaa sanctions, then move on to another...Sutton and Huggins are horrible for the college basketball game

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2827212

Damn...he's back in the Big East and is now the enemy...

What a tool....1 year he uses K-State...sad

Sorry, I have to disagree. I've heard before it was his dream job. Even before the events at the 'Nati he would have left the Bearcats in an instant to take the WV job if it had been offered, even given how much he enjoyed Cincinnati.

I feel bad for the players, but when your dream job is finally dangled out there for you, you don't pass it up.

None of us would.

Sorry, I have to disagree. I've heard before it was his dream job. Even before the events at the 'Nati he would have left the Bearcats in an instant to take the WV job if it had been offered, even given how much he enjoyed Cincinnati.

I feel bad for the players, but when your dream job is finally dangled out there for you, you don't pass it up.

None of us would.

Personally I think Huggins is a punk...heck of a coach...but a punk...does not suprise me he would use someone to go somwehre else so quickly.

Actually, several years ago, Huggins was offered the WVU job while coach at UC and he declined.

Sucks for the guys that went there for him (Bill Walker, etc.). Pretty solid incoming class too...

Personally I think Huggins is a punk...heck of a coach...but a punk...does not suprise me he would use someone to go somwehre else so quickly.

K-State has a chance to find a quality replacement given who they are and what they have on board.

And there is no more entertaining a punk than Huggins in the NCAA. Makes the Big East an even bigger circus.

poor WVU....they will rue the day they hired this cheater...I know no one is crystal clean in college hoops, but this guy is worse than eddie sutton...take a university down through ncaa sanctions, then move on to another...Sutton and Huggins are horrible for the college basketball game

I for one do not even want him in Morgantown after the crap he pulled in 2002 with us. Plus fact he is a drunk and had less than 30% graduation rate of his players at Cincinnati. This is a major mistake by WVU...its too bad Beilien has no loyalty, he was a great coach and made our hoops program respectable again.

beilien disappointed me, being that he was lemoyne, canisius, and richmond, I thought he hit the plateau at WVU..I am surprised he jumped to Mich....and your point about huggins and his abysmall(sp) grad rate, among the worst, I believe, is something I cant believe a team of WVU is willing to undertake...

I for one do not even want him in Morgantown after the crap he pulled in 2002 with us. Plus fact he is a drunk and had less than 30% graduation rate of his players at Cincinnati. This is a major mistake by WVU...its too bad Beilien has no loyalty, he was a great coach and made our hoops program respectable again.

beilien disappointed me, being that he was lemoyne, canisius, and richmond, I thought he hit the plateau at WVU..I am surprised he jumped to Mich....and your point about huggins and his abysmall(sp) grad rate, among the worst, I believe, is something I cant believe a team of WVU is willing to undertake...

Doesn't the NCAA use some formula that grades out poorly when transfer or juco players are factored in? I thought I remember hearing that, but I'm not sure...

Either way, Huggins is a seedy cat who manages to put a good squad on the floor. He definitely takes the talent with the baggage when he's recruiting...

In 2002 Huggins had agreed to replace Gale Catlett, but Huggins and his agent wanted to re-open negotations. President Hardesty refused and Beilein was hired.

I am not happy about this hiring and the local paper titled the article "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly."

We'll just have to see how this plays out.

what irks me the most is that these sleazy coaches like Huggins, Eddie Sutton, Tark, etc...create and/or contribute to these schools incurring sanctions by the ncaa, yet the coaches do not carry any penalty and are free to go to another school to muck up that program.....

Doesn't the NCAA use some formula that grades out poorly when transfer or juco players are factored in? I thought I remember hearing that, but I'm not sure...

Either way, Huggins is a seedy cat who manages to put a good squad on the floor. He definitely takes the talent with the baggage when he's recruiting...

Old Adage: Sports builds character.

New Adage: Sports builds characters.

I'm not a follower of NCAA BB...I pay attention to the tournament and not much more.

I'll defend Huggins on one point...in his time at UC, he ruled his players with iron hand, and if they committed a civil or criminal offense, they were gone - swiftly.

Old Adage: Sports builds character.

New Adage: Sports builds characters.

I'm not a follower of NCAA BB...I pay attention to the tournament and not much more.

I'll defend Huggins on one point...in his time at UC, he ruled his players with iron hand, and if they committed a civil or criminal offense, they were gone - swiftly.

While I'm not sure if this is entirely true, if it is, it makes sense. Huggy needed to keep ALL inquiry away from the program, lest they find the REAL crimes.

While I'm not sure if this is entirely true, if it is, it makes sense. Huggy needed to keep ALL inquiry away from the program, lest they find the REAL crimes.

Paranoia strikes deep,

In to our souls it will creep... :thumbsup:

Like I said, he dumped numerous players. Some were recruits that looked OK at first blush, but proved to be persona non grata before season's start. Granted, I don't follow college BB much, but I do read the local paper here every day.

One player canning is memorable. The Cincy cops have a mounted patrol downtown. One of the Huggie players once hauled off an punched a cop's steed in the head. Who knows why?

Lucky for him that the horse didn't send that kid to meet his Maker... :unsure: