So i posted this as a response earlier but...

Heres what i think we should/could do:

The Denver Broncos have the 21st overall pick in the draft and have a pretty big hole to fill at DT where Gerrard Warren and Michael Myers are both old and losing their skills. A guy like Alan Branch would be great for them so...

-ship the 12th overall to Denver for 21st overall and their 2nd rounder (to make things more enticing, maybe add a guy like Duke Preston who Marv and Co. seem to have cooled on considerably and since Denver needs more depth at OL too)

Then...

-@ pick 21, take Poz who, despite getting some bad rap on this board, would help our team and would be a good pick at 21.

-with the 12th pick in the second round, grab up DT Justin Harrell from Tenn.

-with the Denver 2nd rounder take WR Sidney Rice: I know hes not a name most people have thought of for us, but one poster here said that we need to help JP out as much as possible and Rice is tall, "deceptively fast" (aka ran a poor 40 but still can play) and has big soft hands. He could potentially steal the #2 WR spot if Price doesnt improve

-With the 2 third round picks, we'd need to grab up a RB (Tony Hunt or possibly Antonio Pittman?) and a CB (Daymeion Hughes or Tanard Jackson?)

A lot would need to happen for this to go through, especially not a trade for Turner, which Ive cooled considerably on in the past two days. But if all of the above could happen, i think most Bills fans would be content with our draft/team.

but remember...

IN MARV WE TRUST

The Denver Broncos have the 21st overall pick in the draft and have a pretty big hole to fill at DT where Gerrard Warren and Michael Myers are both old and losing their skills. A guy like Alan Branch would be great for them so...

-ship the 12th overall to Denver for 21st overall and their 2nd rounder (to make things more enticing, maybe add a guy like Duke Preston who Marv and Co. seem to have cooled on considerably and since Denver needs more depth at OL too)

Then...

-@ pick 21, take Poz who, despite getting some bad rap on this board, would help our team and would be a good pick at 21.

-with the Denver 2nd rounder take WR Sidney Rice: I know hes not a name most people have thought of for us, but one poster here said that we need to help JP out as much as possible and Rice is tall, "deceptively fast" (aka ran a poor 40 but still can play) and has big soft hands. He could potentially steal the #2 WR spot if Price doesnt improve

-With the 2 third round picks, we'd need to grab up a RB (Tony Hunt or possibly Antonio Pittman?) and a CB (Daymeion Hughes or Tanard Jackson?)

A lot would need to happen for this to go through, especially not a trade for Turner, which Ive cooled considerably on in the past two days. But if all of the above could happen, i think most Bills fans would be content with our draft/team.

but remember...

IN MARV WE TRUST

The Bills will only keep 4 DTs- so who do you cut out of Triplett, McCargo, Williams and Walker if you take Harrell in the 2nd round.

The Bills will only keep 4 DTs- so who do you cut out of Triplett, McCargo, Williams and Walker if you take Harrell in the 2nd round.

actually they carried 5 last year (williams, mccargo, tripplett, anderson and jefferson) but for the sake of the discussion, instead of trading Preston, maybe get rid of anderson instead... helps Denver out either way

actually they carried 5 last year (williams, mccargo, tripplett, anderson and jefferson) but for the sake of the discussion, instead of trading Preston, maybe get rid of anderson instead... helps Denver out either way

McCargo was hurt all year and Jefferson wasn't active for most games- so they only had 3 active DTs because they moved hargrove and Denney inside on passing downs.

so if you draft Herrell who gets cut?

highly doubtful the Bills draft any DTs because there is no room on the roster.

McCargo was hurt all year and Jefferson wasn't active for most games- so they only had 3 active DTs because they moved hargrove and Denney inside on passing downs.

id take harrell over anderson in a heartbeat and rotate Tripplett, McCargo, Walker and Harrell... but since you dont seem to want to improve an area on our team like DT, we could just as easily grab up a CB then instead of waiting...

Except, POSSIBLY, Okoye (but, I doubt it, too), As for roster room, they can just cut who they don't want/need. This IS the NFL, after all. Home of the one-way contract.

sorry guys but i think the point of the post is getting missed. its not about which 4th string DT is getting cut, its about improving the team, which should be the number one focus on any post here. so based on that, what do you think about the rest of the post?

I love a trade down scenario....5-10 spots get a 2nd maybe another 3rd this AND next year and still get a good player.

I can also see us trading up possibly...I can see us staying put as well...I know this, it will be one of the 3!

Marv will do something at somepoint in the draft. We shall see, it will be exciting.

Then...

but remember...

IN MARV WE TRUST

Harrell would be a good choice if we TRULY needed him, but we have other needs that must be addressed with our picks. Especially with our 2nd round pick. I think we need 2 LB's out of this draft. If we go with one in the 1st round (Posluzny) we are going to have to use another pick at the latest in the 3rd to get one more probably. One of our 2nds or 3rds would more than likely be a RB. I like Pittman sorta, Hunt I don't really know about as a pro back, have already stated my case for Chris Henry out of Arizona who could be had in the 4th probably, and am starting to really like what I'm reading and also hearing about Jackie Battle out of Houston as well. Our other 2nd or 3rd, whichever we choose, would be used to grab a CB. I'm pulling for Eric Wright out of UNLV if he's still on the board. He's done good in all of his workouts. If not him, then Marcus McCaully or Daymeon Hughes. I would like the pick of Sidney Rice somewhere in there, but I don't believe he'll even make it to us in the 2nd round. I expect him to be off of the board by then. Probably picked as a target for Alex Smith in San Fran. I think we could get the underrated Steve Smith out of USC and come out better in the end possibly. You never heard one thing bad about the guy when he played at USC. All he did was go out and play well every game for the most part. So if this is the trade that takes place, here's how I'd go. Posluzny LB (1st), Eric Wright / Marcus McCaully CB (first 2nd), Steve Smith WR (second 2nd), Tim Shaw LB (if still on board with first 3rd) if not him then possibly Rufus Alexander LB from Oklahoma, and Scott Chandler TE from Iowa or Zach Miller TE from ASU (second 3rd). Finally, in the 4th, get Chris Henry or Jackie Battle.

Then...

but remember...

IN MARV WE TRUST

Ok, I'll play. Swap our 1st rd pick with Denver and in addition we trade our second 3rd rd pick (#92-from Baltimore) and have Denver throw in MLB Al Wilson and their 2nd rd pick at #56. Now owning the 21st pick of the draft we select Poz. Then with our two 2nd rders we select CB Marcus McCauley with the 43rd pick and RB Brandon Jackson with the 56th pick. This leaves us with our original 3rd rd pick (#74). Here we have the flexibility of selecting the best available player at any position we choose. Does this seem reasonable? Good. By the way, here's a couple of links on MLB Al Wilson.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nfl/...5460583,00.html

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nfl/...5447905,00.html

sorry guys but i think the point of the post is getting missed. its not about which 4th string DT is getting cut, its about improving the team, which should be the number one focus on any post here. so based on that, what do you think about the rest of the post?

That would be a luxury pick, and right now they have bigger holes to fix with those picks then trying to upgrade a position that is not a weakness. The already improved on the DT position in the TKO trade, they won't draft one early, especially if they keep Hargrove and I am assuming Anderson is not kept. They would have 4 starting DT's and Hargrove as a DE, Backup DT giving them 8 D-linemen at a position where only 4 see the field at a time.

Then...

-with the 12th pick in the second round, grab up DT Justin Harrell from Tenn...

Broncos aquire that 12 pick, find both Okoye and Branch gone and pick linebacker Willis instead. I have a small stroke.

Pittsburgh takes an unhealthy interest in Posluszny at 15 and Marv orders a hot cocoa.

At 21, Marv takes the 3rd best CB or the 3rd best LB or the 4th best whatever and this board burns brighter than a Detroit Halloween.

Unfortunately it doesn't matter what happens next. GO SABRES !!!

Except, POSSIBLY, Okoye (but, I doubt it, too), As for roster room, they can just cut who they don't want/need. This IS the NFL, after all. Home of the one-way contract.

of course they can-

but why waste resources when you have to cut one of Williams, McCargo, Walker or Triplett. All who fit the rotation and have upside. Anderson is already considered expendable.

Okoye could fit because he could probably get snaps at DE and you could cut loose Hargrove if you had to.

Okoye will be long gone by #12 - so that is moot.