The next LaMont Jordan

So you would just despise if Turner had 1600 yards, 70 receptions and 11 TDs this year for Buffalo, even if he averaged 3.8 yards per carry?

There are dozens of examples of back-ups becoming stars and there are dozens of examples of back-ups becoming duds. There is zero connection between Lamont Jordan and Michael Turner. Brett Favre became a Hall of Famer, and Rob Johnson became a Hall of Shamer. Is there a connection between those guys?

Tell me, in all seriousness, if Lamont Jordan had a fabulous two years with Oakland would you be starting threads saying we must get Michael Turner, look what happened to Lamont Jordan! It's almost a sure thing!

Great post 0:)

I think Turner could be very good for us. Breakaway speed and power.

How many third and ones did Willis miss last year? Turner will make them.

He actually reminds me of Earl Campbell.

But can he mash back a pound of Skoal into his piehole at a time? Damn.

Turner might indeed be the next LaMont Jordan.

Escaping the shadow of Curtis Martin and having an avg first year and injury problems in his second year in Oakland behind a HORRIBLE offensive line.

OR he could be the next Priest Holmes that got out from behind Jamal Lewis in Baltimore and arguably became a HOFer in Kansas City.

Both were backups and unproven.

All I'm sayin is, be careful of annointing Turner the next great Bills RB, because if he doesn't fulfill these high expectations, in three years he will follow in the illustrious footsteps of Travis and Willis...Productive Bills backs who were sent packing.

I just don't think he will be good. ..

The only thing I can think of that might qualify why Turner might not make it as a starter is that you could claim Turner comes in when the defense is tired and morally beaten late in the game. LT had done all the hard work and Turner is just closing out the game when already in hand.

Just to give names of non-high round backups that have went on to have great success recently: Basically any Broncos RB that starts(mike Anderson, Ruben Droughns, etc...) Priest Holmes, Chester Taylor, Rudi Johnson and there are probably a few others. I think Turner would be a great addition to the Bills, but I'd rather see Peterson or Lynch in a Bills uni